Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OVC not expanding- at this time
Bookmark and Share
ReturnOfMommaBear Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ETSU
OVC not expanding- at this time
** I don't know the last time the OVC took a transition school, not in my recent recollection anyway. Too bad they have football, we know who would love to have another transition school**

FLORENCE, Alabama - The University of North Alabama was informed this afternoon that the Ohio Valley Conference is not pursuing plans for expansion at this time. UNA and one other institution were being considered by the OVC as part of an expansion plan.

Following this news, UNA will examine and evaluate other options concerning a move to the NCAA Division I. UNA currently competes in the Gulf South Conference of the NCAA Division II.

"This is very disappointing news for me personally, for UNA, and for all those who have worked so diligently in support of the transition. However, we do look forward to continuing our progress and working with our board of trustees to plan our next steps," said Dr. William G. Cale, UNA president.

The UNA board of trustees voted June 13 to approve a resolution stating the university's intent to move to NCAA Division I status upon completion of a series of benchmark goals.
11-17-2011 02:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
OVC not expanding- at this time - ReturnOfMommaBear - 11-17-2011 02:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.