Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Please tell me why waiting is better than expanding now
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
RE: Please tell me why waiting is better than expanding now
(06-19-2010 08:35 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  
(06-19-2010 08:27 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  I was thinking PERHAPS long term value. Nova keeps it in the family, UMass helps get the Boston Market.(would they be able to become the next UConn?)
ARMY and Navy have the prestige ACADEMICALLY and (INTER)National appeal. All are also eastern

Once again, Nova has nowhere to play.

UMass is two hours outside of Boston, and although they obviously have a lot of alums in Boston, they dont have the national appeal/reputation that UConn brought. MA is at the absolute bottom for D-I recruits (11 committed to FBS programs for this year). There simply are not enough D-I players in New England for UMass to be successful. Boston is all about BC for college sports other than hockey, and even for hockey, UMass is behind BU, BC, and most likely Harvard and Northeastern.

Im not hell bent on UMass by any means, but if the BE wanted to help a program develop (like it would in the case of some of the usual suspects) then UMass could change. UConn sucked in BB b4 calhoun and their fb was in the yankee conf with umass. Schools can grow and change. They can recruit I dont expect it to happen but hey what the f?

Villanova may not have a place today but could they have a place down the road when all this came together? I dont mean add these programs tomorrow and the BE is set but long term if committed to upgrading im sure they could work out a deal somewhere.

Temple is also a candidate if they could prove themselves

I dont expect any of this to happen but i m trying to think "outside the box" and think like a college president. Who would you rather be associated with academically? Army and Navy or ECU and Memphis?
06-19-2010 08:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please tell me why waiting is better than expanding now - gosports1 - 06-19-2010 08:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.