Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB at Kent St 1:00 central
Bookmark and Share
Huskies 08 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
WBB at Kent St 1:00 central
Our Huskies 16-12 8-9 travel to Kent St 19-9 11-6 today to wrap up the regular conference season. The game is on ESPN 3 and 94.9 FM. The Huskies can secure the *5 seed in the MAC tournament with a win. Final seeds and matchups determined after todays games. Kent St won the game in DeKalb back in January 82-61. Keep that momentum going and good luck in Cleveland.
03-04-2023 08:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
RE: WBB at Kent St 1:00 central
A fair possibility that this will be the matchup in round one of the tournament. Would be nice to continue some of the momentum (4 of last 5 and 6 of last 6) that the ladies have built. That loss at Ohio stings a little bit.

The top four in the conference are pretty strong, yet we probably sit there as the team "nobody wants to play". We've proven we can beat the top three (Tol, BG, Ball St) and need to beat Kent St today.

Regardless of the outcome we need to come out of this game healthy. Chelby looked pretty good the other night. We need every bit of the starting lineup and useable bench this week coming up.
03-04-2023 08:59 AM
Huskies 08 Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-04-2023 08:59 AM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  A fair possibility that this will be the matchup in round one of the tournament. Would be nice to continue some of the momentum (4 of last 5 and 6 of last 6) that the ladies have built. That loss at Ohio stings a little bit.

The top four in the conference are pretty strong, yet we probably sit there as the team "nobody wants to play". We've proven we can beat the top three (Tol, BG, Ball St) and need to beat Kent St today.

Regardless of the outcome we need to come out of this game healthy. Chelby looked pretty good the other night. We need every bit of the starting lineup and useable bench this week coming up.

Great analysis MP and agree with all. In my opinion there are probably 5 teams that realistically could get hot and win the MACT with NIU being one of them even though we would be more of a long shot than the other 4.
03-04-2023 09:55 AM
Huskies 08 Offline
Bench Warmer

Kent wins 73-58. Both teams had decent runs but don’t think either team played real well. Kent is certainly beatable. Huskies wait to see where they are seed and who they draw.
03-04-2023 03:45 PM
Advertisement

Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

(03-04-2023 03:45 PM)Huskies 08 Wrote:  Kent wins 73-58. Both teams had decent runs but don’t think either team played real well. Kent is certainly beatable. Huskies wait to see where they are seed and who they draw.

Looks like we should have the head to head tiebreaker over Akron and get Kent State right back in the 4-5 game. (Assuming that head to head is the first tiebreaker)
03-04-2023 04:11 PM
Huskies 08 Offline
Bench Warmer

(03-04-2023 04:11 PM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  
(03-04-2023 03:45 PM)Huskies 08 Wrote:  Kent wins 73-58. Both teams had decent runs but don’t think either team played real well. Kent is certainly beatable. Huskies wait to see where they are seed and who they draw.

Looks like we should have the head to head tiebreaker over Akron and get Kent State right back in the 4-5 game. (Assuming that head to head is the first tiebreaker)

Yea it was looking like Kent State going into today’s games and don’t think much has changed. Hard to beat a team 3 times in a season and especially back to back. Should be a good game.
03-04-2023 04:30 PM
Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

Kent State Wednesday afternoon at about 1:30. Game 2 of the tourney.

https://getsomemaction.com/tournaments/?...ath=wbball
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2023 04:33 PM by Milwaukee Pilot.)
03-04-2023 04:32 PM
Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

I hope Coach Carlsen's game plan was to hold back a little and not show Kent State all her cards in preparation for the Tourney game and lull them in a false sense of security.
03-04-2023 05:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.