MyBB Three Keys to a Blazer Victory - Charlotte
03-01-2023 09:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
RE: Three Keys to a Blazer Victory - Charlotte
If MTSU loses at UNT on Thursday we clinch the 3rd seed.

Our game against Charlotte will have a lot of ramifications as far as the 5-8 seeds, and who we will ultimately play in our first game in the conference tournament. Right now it's looking like the winner of Rice vs. UTSA, which is very favorable for us - but a lot can change over the last 2 games.

If the Thursday games play out like the should be favored to - MTSU losing, Rice losing, Charlotte winning, WKU losing, and FIU hopefully losing (although they will probably win that one bc it's against a LaTech team in shambles) - Rice would really be in good position for the 6th seed.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2023 10:15 AM by The Answer UAB.)
03-01-2023 10:12 AM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
Hopefully MT helps us out by losing on Thursday and we can go ahead and clinch the 3 seed. But even though Saturday's game wouldn't impact our seed at that point, we still need to keep our foot on the gas to maintain momentum going into Frisco.
03-01-2023 10:19 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

Sorry I was redundant, you already mentioned in the article that MTSU losing Thursday would clinch the 3rd seed for us. Even if seeding is locked up, AK doesn't seem like the kind of coach to rest his guys. I think we will play the game as if it was a normal game. I agree with that with this team, we need all the good vibes and positive momentum we can get going into the post season. Our team seems to snowball one way or the other with how things are going, so a solid W going into the tournament is important IMO.

I REALLY do not want to play Charlotte in the first game in Frisco. They could absolutely beat us and send us home early. I am not scared of Rice. I am somewhat scared of WKU or FIU, but much less so than Charlotte.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2023 10:22 AM by The Answer UAB.)
03-01-2023 10:21 AM
notnow Offline
1st String

I'm all in on winning CUSA Tournament, however, would a loss to Charlotte impact us in recruiting for us or benefit Charlotte to our detriment? I know in the past that we have both been recruiting the same players. NIT implications?
Hosting NIT implications?
Just win, baby.
03-01-2023 01:34 PM
blazinrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB & Marlins
(03-01-2023 01:34 PM)notnow Wrote:  I'm all in on winning CUSA Tournament, however, would a loss to Charlotte impact us in recruiting for us or benefit Charlotte to our detriment? I know in the past that we have both been recruiting the same players. NIT implications?
Just win, baby.

Just GETTING in the NIT would be a miracle. It has become almost as exclusive as then NCAA. If you're from a non-power conference, you're not getting in it unless you were the regular season champs (and didn't win the conference tourney).
03-01-2023 02:33 PM
Advertisement

jcduncan13 Offline
All American

(03-01-2023 10:21 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Sorry I was redundant, you already mentioned in the article that MTSU losing Thursday would clinch the 3rd seed for us. Even if seeding is locked up, AK doesn't seem like the kind of coach to rest his guys. I think we will play the game as if it was a normal game. I agree with that with this team, we need all the good vibes and positive momentum we can get going into the post season. Our team seems to snowball one way or the other with how things are going, so a solid W going into the tournament is important IMO.

I REALLY do not want to play Charlotte in the first game in Frisco. They could absolutely beat us and send us home early. I am not scared of Rice. I am somewhat scared of WKU or FIU, but much less so than Charlotte.

All good 04-cheers thanks for reading and supporting BV!
03-01-2023 02:38 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

(03-01-2023 01:34 PM)notnow Wrote:  I'm all in on winning CUSA Tournament, however, would a loss to Charlotte impact us in recruiting for us or benefit Charlotte to our detriment? I know in the past that we have both been recruiting the same players. NIT implications?
Just win, baby.

That’s something I failed to mention in the article and on the podcast…the Charlotte game could definitely have an impact on making the NIT but hopefully we won’t even have to worry about it after next week 04-cheers
03-01-2023 02:40 PM
BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

The NIT bracket projections I've seen have us listed as a 3 seed. I think if we beat Charlotte and win at least one game in the tournament we will make the NIT. I doubt we will be as high as a 3 seed, though. Hopefully this is something we won't have to even worry about because we will win the tournament.
03-01-2023 02:41 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I looked at two NIT projection sites that had us as 3 or 4 seeds

I didn't even think about this game in terms of NIT implications. I now definitely think we will play this game 100% normally in terms of player minutes, etc.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2023 04:55 PM by The Answer UAB.)
03-01-2023 03:58 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Obviously the goal is to win in Frisco. I’ll be there to watch. That said I will believe we are an NIT at large team when I see it. Too much bias with those selections.
03-01-2023 09:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
I’ll be pretty surprised if we lose and are kept out of the NIT, short of going loss loss to end the season. I get the bias and why everybody is fearful of it, but I just can’t see it here.
03-01-2023 10:12 PM
UABrandon Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB/Arizona
UTSA beat Charlotte and NT beat MTSU
03-02-2023 10:11 PM
bigdunks Offline
2nd String

[quote='The Answer UAB' pid='18811460' dateline='1677684065']
Sorry I was redundant, you already mentioned in the article that MTSU losing Thursday would clinch the 3rd seed for us. Even if seeding is locked up, AK doesn't seem like the kind of coach to rest his guys. I think we will play the game as if it was a normal game. I agree with that with this team, we need all the good vibes and positive momentum we can get going into the post season. Our team seems to snowball one way or the other with how things are going, so a solid W going into the tournament is important IMO.

UAB men will play first game on COURT B. In prior years COURT A has been the primary court for television in the early round games. COURT B has been limited to streaming. That stinks.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2023 12:26 AM by bigdunks.)
03-02-2023 10:15 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(03-02-2023 10:11 PM)UABrandon Wrote:  UTSA beat Charlotte and NT beat MTSU

After starting out 1-14 in conference games, UTSA finished by winning 3 of their last 5 games.

Rice has lost 8 of their last 10 games.

FAU is playing lights out.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2023 10:45 PM by KevMo4UAB.)
03-02-2023 10:34 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

We clinch the 3 seed.

The 6th seed is still up for grabs. UTSA is locked in at the 11 seed.

Charlotte, rice and wku are all within 1 game for the 6th seed.

We are in the weird situation of wanting to beat Charlotte on Saturday, but if we beat them it makes it more likely that we’d face them in our first game, which is obviously not ideal. However, Charlotte would have to play UTSA, who just beat them.

Charlotte is 1-1 vs rice, 2-0 vs WKU.

Rice is 2-0 vs Wku.

I think that means WKU is out of the running for the 5th seed, but they could get the 6 if they win and rice loses.

If Charlotte loses and rice wins, they would be 1-1 H2H and have the same overall record and same conference record. Not sure how the tie breakers work in that situation.

Basically; we want to win, rice to lose and wku to lose.. that would keep rice at the 6.. I think lol.. It’s March, we’ll have to beat good teams no matter what, but I’d really prefer to play rice first ha..
03-02-2023 11:15 PM
Advertisement

Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
(03-02-2023 11:15 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  We clinch the 3 seed.

We are in the weird situation of wanting to beat Charlotte on Saturday, but if we beat them it makes it more likely that we’d face them in our first game, which is obviously not ideal. However, Charlotte would have to play UTSA, who just beat them.

Rice is 2-0 vs Wku.

I think that means WKU is out of the running for the 5th seed, but they could get the 6 if they win and rice loses.

If Charlotte loses and rice wins, they would be 1-1 H2H and have the same overall record and same conference record. Not sure how the tie breakers work in that situation.

Basically; we want to win, rice to lose and wku to lose.. that would keep rice at the 6.. I think lol.. It’s March, we’ll have to beat good teams no matter what, but I’d really prefer to play rice first ha..

If Rice is the 6 seed, I have a feeling we'll be playing UTSA in the QFs. Rice is ice cold right now.
03-02-2023 11:20 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I would be just fine if WKU isn’t the 6
03-03-2023 12:05 AM
BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

WKU plays at UNT Sat so hopefully they game plays out like its predicted to and they lose.
03-03-2023 03:17 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(03-02-2023 11:15 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  We clinch the 3 seed.

Rice is 2-0 vs Wku.

I'm almost positive it's your record against the top team in the conference and you work your way down until you find the team with the "best" win.
03-03-2023 07:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.