Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What was the race of Jesus?
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: What was the race of Jesus?
(02-04-2023 09:59 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  And if he didn't have a race why is he depicted mostly as a 1960s middle class lookin white hippie? I'm seriously asking, I'm not versed in the Bible but apparently some here are. Was the race of Jesus ever biblically mentioned? And, if so, where?.... and if not why in his pics is he a white guy? Because it's all just made up BS?

Sephardic Jew is the modern identification for an Israelite who was of Middle Eastern ancestry. He was not white, not black, and would have been a mixture of everything in the region which had intermarried with Israelites since he was born of Mary. The God side of the family I'll leave to people's faith. Mary's ancestry is a matter of her heritage and those which influenced it which would/could have been any of the semitic tribes in the region. Jesus spoke Aramaic as far as can be determined from scripture, Abba/Father, and given the nature of the region likely spoke more than just that.
02-06-2023 03:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ericsrevenge76 Online
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(02-06-2023 03:35 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(02-04-2023 09:59 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  And if he didn't have a race why is he depicted mostly as a 1960s middle class lookin white hippie? I'm seriously asking, I'm not versed in the Bible but apparently some here are. Was the race of Jesus ever biblically mentioned? And, if so, where?.... and if not why in his pics is he a white guy? Because it's all just made up BS?

Sephardic Jew is the modern identification for an Israelite who was of Middle Eastern ancestry. He was not white, not black, and would have been a mixture of everything in the region which had intermarried with Israelites since he was born of Mary. The God side of the family I'll leave to people's faith. Mary's ancestry is a matter of her heritage and those which influenced it which would/could have been any of the semitic tribes in the region. Jesus spoke Aramaic as far as can be determined from scripture, Abba/Father, and given the nature of the region likely spoke more than just that.

04-cheers

The Israelites were never a single race or color following the return from Babylon. Though many put away their foreign wives when they first returned, it did not last long and they were pretty mixed up for the 5 remaining centuries until the Roman forced Diaspora from 70 AD -150 AD.

A lot of people don't realize some of the 10 "lost" tribes returned with them from Babylon and some remnant of them were still there in the time of Jesus.

The Bible points to 2 regatherings in the Holy land after the Roman forced diaspora. The first is a regathering PRE second coming and great tribulation, which basically began in 1947-48 and is now fulfilled. This was prophecied as a more secular return in which they are still separated from God and still rejecting Jesus and fall under judgment from God for their continued rejecting of Jesus and wickedness. It has nothing to do with blood or Jewish purity, in fact Ezekiel says they will be a people scattered and peeled who return for this, coming out of all nations after mixing with them for 2 millennia.

There could be no fulfillment of the end time events without a nation of Israel in the Holy land still rejecting Jesus and still separated from God.

The final regathering is following the great tribulation and 2nd coming, this is when those still alive have accepted Jesus as their Messiah and the beginning of the 1000 year reign of Christ and the Saints on the earth.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2023 05:24 PM by ericsrevenge76.)
02-06-2023 05:23 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
Jesus was human. That was his race, HUMAN.
02-07-2023 03:16 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

What difference does it make?
02-07-2023 07:37 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
(02-04-2023 10:41 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Did a quick internet search of Bible references to jesus's appearance. Here's the consensus...

Jesus had wooly hair

Jesus had bronze skin

Jesus was not pleasant to look at

Anything else?

This says it all (the appearance given in Revelation).

That said, does it really matter what race he was? Just something to divide the masses.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2023 10:45 PM by C2__.)
02-10-2023 10:27 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

(02-04-2023 10:58 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(02-04-2023 10:41 PM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  Did a quick internet search of Bible references to jesus's appearance. Here's the consensus...

Jesus had wooly hair

Jesus had bronze skin

Anything else?

And?
Who cares?
Real Christians don’t care what you look like on the outside. It’s your heart that matters.

I say real because there are people who try to clothe their racism in religion. Those people don’t have love in their heart. They’re evil and hide behind faith to spew hate.

If that’s your image of a Christian, Brother you’re mistaken.

You can’t profess that you love Jesus and carry hate in your heart for your fellow man. The two don’t go together.

They’re like oil and water in a glass you can mix them and they look the same but given time they always separate.

Beat me to it.
02-10-2023 10:29 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

And another thing, Mary's status as a virgin may have been that she was merely an unmarried woman (girl), which was why she was called a "virgin."

As with most things in life, it's about context.
02-10-2023 10:42 PM
ericsrevenge76 Online
Jesus is coming soon

(02-10-2023 10:42 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  

And another thing, Mary's status as a virgin may have been that she was merely an unmarried woman (girl), which was why she was called a "virgin."

As with most things in life, it's about context.

Actually that is the context. Under the OT law an unmarried woman of her age is a virgin. Premarital sex did not exist under the OT law and it particularly did not exist for young girls. That was an easy way to get stoned to death.

This is an obvious case of our modern cultural perceptions blinding us to theirs 2000 years ago. Even Jewish scholars 300 years before Christ translated it "virgin" into the Greek.
(This post was last modified: 02-10-2023 11:18 PM by ericsrevenge76.)
02-10-2023 11:18 PM
CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(02-10-2023 10:29 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  
(02-04-2023 10:58 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  

Jesus had wooly hair

Jesus had bronze skin

Anything else?

And?
Who cares?
Real Christians don’t care what you look like on the outside. It’s your heart that matters.

I say real because there are people who try to clothe their racism in religion. Those people don’t have love in their heart. They’re evil and hide behind faith to spew hate.

If that’s your image of a Christian, Brother you’re mistaken.

You can’t profess that you love Jesus and carry hate in your heart for your fellow man. The two don’t go together.

They’re like oil and water in a glass you can mix them and they look the same but given time they always separate.

Beat me to it.

Mine is a rather simplistic view of what it means to be a Christian, I know that. I would never be mistaken for a Bible Scholar but I know what grace is.
02-11-2023 08:45 PM
ericsrevenge76 Online
Jesus is coming soon

Its a youtube short so I have to link it. Its from a discussion Joe Rogan recently had with a lifelong atheist turned believer. Because he is a new believer he was not really ready to give a proper response yet.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/4_hJGNxFT0k

But it is fulfilled prophecy that sets Jesus apart from all religions. There are so many and they are so specific and so detailed they eliminate every other person who ever lived on the earth but one....Jesus. Just for starters it could only be a man born in the tiny backwater town of Bethlehem in Israel. That alone eliminates 99.999999999% of everyone ever born. Now you have to walk through 300 more of those one at a time. You could scoff at a few of them, but the sheer mass of specific and pinpoint details and the overwhelming number of them make it a total impossibility to not be Him and not to be true. Some of them are not just about Him, but how the Roman Empire reacted to Him, and executed Him and destroyed Israel and scattered the Jews across the earth in the same generation, and how Jesus' followers became the largest worldwide religion on the earth in the face of total persecution by the Roman Empire at its absolute peak. All of this provably written centuries before His birth, yet it all happened just as written.

When you look at the totality of these prophecies and how secular historians and world history confirms they actually happened, only a totally insane person could argue this stuff is not 100% real. The evidence is so overwhelming its crazy that this is even debated. There is no other religion on earth that has anything like this it can point to. They don't even attempt it, because its too impossible and would completely debunk thier religion.

But as I have often seen, people would rather blindly scoff and mock those facts and prophecies than actually read them and examine them. Just shows most non believers are not really open to the possibility they might be wrong. They would rather stick with their biases and blind assumptions than take the time to actually read and examine evidence with an open mind.

My experience is the evidence is life changing for agnostics that are actually open to the possibility. There are entire ministries out there dedicated to this stuff with countless numbers of people professing they came to faith based on these facts and evidence. Then there are others who never needed any evidence at all, They simply came to place of genuine faith for other reasons and experiences entirely. Some people need evidence and facts, others need ZERO.

I've also found that the facts and evidence (apologetics) can greatly strengthen and grow even life long Christians faith. It can be a life changing defense and strength in a period of great trial and tribulations of a believers life and moments of weakness. When you don't just have faith but you are FULLY convinced and know WHY you are, that has a real impact on how you live your faith daily. And it usually makes the believer value the Word of God on a whole new level. Which again strengthens and grows them spiritually and in wisdom and knowledge of the Word.
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2023 05:08 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
02-12-2023 07:33 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Really dumb thread OP... Really dumb thread...

The oversimplistic idea of what Jesus may have looked like is Googling modern Syrian and/or Lebanese men. I'm doubtful Semite was ever truly a race, in the modern sense, but merely an ethnic group amongst ancient Canaanites. But why does the race of a man that lived 2kya so important anyways?
02-15-2023 06:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.