Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ETSU athletic director Sander to have 'interim' tag removed
Bookmark and Share
shampoo Offline
All American

I Root For: blue and gold
ETSU athletic director Sander to have 'interim' tag removed
“Sander is expected to have the “interim” tag removed sometime soon and become the permanent athletic director at the school for the second time, according to people with knowledge of the situation.”

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/sports/...ZUuVNVtuHQ
01-20-2023 10:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BaseballPops Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ETSU
RE: ETSU athletic director Sander to have 'interim' tag removed
(01-20-2023 10:42 PM)shampoo Wrote:  “Sander is expected to have the “interim” tag removed sometime soon and become the permanent athletic director at the school for the second time, according to people with knowledge of the situation.”

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/sports/...ZUuVNVtuHQ

Thats the best news coming out of the ETSU Athletic camp in months.
01-21-2023 10:13 AM
posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

We may have finally hit bottom and can begin to look upwards.
01-21-2023 05:28 PM
Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

Definitely on board with this. He is definitely getting up there in age. When he’s ready to retire for a second time, hopefully his replacement is much more carefully chosen
01-22-2023 02:21 PM
MTBuc Offline
Special Teams

This is a very good thing. It’s a rebuilding job of sorts. Not as much as it was the first time around for him but there’s quite a bit to be done just to return to where we were before Scott took over.
01-22-2023 02:39 PM
Advertisement

BaseballPops Offline
2nd String

Now that Doc Sander is back for a second go, I wonder if Randy Sanders has maybe gotten a little bored with fishing.......
01-22-2023 05:51 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(01-22-2023 05:51 PM)BaseballPops Wrote:  Now that Doc Sander is back for a second go, I wonder if Randy Sanders has maybe gotten a little bored with fishing.......

Never thought about that! Would be nice.
01-22-2023 06:27 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

WJHL is reporting that the permanent AD will be named in a presser tomorrow at noon. Is this to announce that it is officially Doc Sander?
01-22-2023 07:28 PM
Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

Yes
01-22-2023 11:13 PM
Advertisement

bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(01-22-2023 11:13 PM)Buced_Up Wrote:  Yes

Thanks. I thought that was it.
01-23-2023 07:38 AM
Buc66 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(01-23-2023 07:38 AM)bucfan81 Wrote:  
(01-22-2023 11:13 PM)Buced_Up Wrote:  Yes

Thanks. I thought that was it.

https://www.etsubucs.com/athletics/staff...rd-sander/
01-23-2023 08:05 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
I was impressed with the press conference today. Very strong statements by Dr Noland and Dr Sander. Dr Noland specifically noted that we have some improvements that need to be made in men's basketball and football. I think we are lucky to have both of these men running the ship. I feel confident after watching the press conference that these men will guide us back towards the path of winning championships.
01-23-2023 01:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(01-23-2023 01:08 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  I was impressed with the press conference today. Very strong statements by Dr Noland and Dr Sander. Dr Noland specifically noted that we have some improvements that need to be made in men's basketball and football. I think we are lucky to have both of these men running the ship. I feel confident after watching the press conference that these men will guide us back towards the path of winning championships.

Yes a very good press conference. I think both Doc and Dr. Noland both "get it". Things are going to get better.
01-23-2023 01:15 PM
Advertisement

Heisman

Don't be shocked to see something about NIL going forward. Obviously ETSU can't line up huge Bucs bucks, but they'll at least put a face on. Will be making an effort.
01-23-2023 02:34 PM
Heisman

(01-23-2023 02:34 PM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  Don't be shocked to see something about NIL going forward. Obviously ETSU can't line up huge Bucs bucks, but they'll at least put a face on. Will be making an effort.

Gosh, I hope I didn't make them spill the NIL beans before they were ready. I didn't know they were gonna discuss that in the press conference.

*Really* interesting (and impressive) that he's working without a contract "serving in a “will and pleasure capacity”". How many other university employees are doing that?03-lmfao
01-25-2023 07:09 AM
Heisman

Can't help but wondering who Sander was referring to when he was using the "bus" analogy about getting everybody on the same bus (paraphrasing), and those who aren't [contributing] need to get off the bus. The obvious ones who come to mind are Quarles and Oliver, but that may not be accurate. But clearly he's sending the signal that there's gonna be some changes - either in success rate, or personnel.
01-27-2023 02:38 AM
GoBucsGo Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(01-27-2023 02:38 AM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  Can't help but wondering who Sander was referring to when he was using the "bus" analogy about getting everybody on the same bus (paraphrasing), and those who aren't [contributing] need to get off the bus. The obvious ones who come to mind are Quarles and Oliver, but that may not be accurate. But clearly he's sending the signal that there's gonna be some changes - either in success rate, or personnel.
Agreed. I think Oliver and Quarles are still up in the air, maybe less so with Oliver, we will see. I think with Oliver some of that has to do with if the big donors want to contribute to a buy out. Quarles will clearly be here next fall. Oliver I think will be here next season, but time (and wins & losses) will tell.
01-27-2023 07:50 AM
Advertisement

Buc'ed_Up Offline
1st String

I too think Oliver will get one more year. However, i also think that depends on how we close out the season and the conference tournament. Lose most of our games to end the year and get bounced in the first round, AGAIN. I wouldn't be so sure he gets another year.
01-27-2023 01:08 PM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

(01-27-2023 01:08 PM)Buced_Up Wrote:  I too think Oliver will get one more year. However, i also think that depends on how we close out the season and the conference tournament. Lose most of our games to end the year and get bounced in the first round, AGAIN. I wouldn't be so sure he gets another year.

Yes the season has about another month to go and much of what happens next year will be determined by the team's play down this stretch and in the tournament. If our team finishes in the bottom four and plays on Friday and loses on Friday I think we all can be pretty sure what will happen.
01-27-2023 01:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.