Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Players' current status
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Players' current status
No idea what is going on with Jovan, but I've seen no indication that he will play any time soon.
According to Ray Tucker, Myron has the "flu", but you never know exactly what that means. Probably just means he is sick, but it is not Covid. Coach Baker sounded like he might be back for tomorrow's game.
Apparently Nigel has Covid, so according to protocols he is certainly out, at least, for tomorrow's games.
With regard to Chris Walker, I believe Coach Baker said he has an issue with his hip. I'm not sure about that. He didn't seem to be walking quite right at yesterday's game. No idea when he might be back.

We took one of the 2 teams, who are tied for first place, to the final buzzer last night. I still think we can play with anyone in the conference. We have actually done that against everyone but Tennessee State who we play tomorrow. However, we need to start winning some of these close games or this will be a very long season (although it will end before the league tournament in Evansville). Really don't know if we can turn it around, although stranger things have happened. Hard to imagine it will start tomorrow, especially if we are short-handed once again. But, we need to start sometime.
01-20-2023 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Players' current status
One other note. When I saw our depleted team warming up- missing our clearly best player, another starter, and our best player off the bench, I basically believed we had zero chance to win the game against a team who is now in first place. I guess I turned out to be right, since we did lose. But, we fought and took it down to the final seconds. As long as our guys keep fighting, the least I can do is keep "rooting".
01-20-2023 05:57 PM
UALR92 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Little Rock
If Walker cared a fraction as much as you do this message board would have something positive to talk about. Time for new blood...
01-20-2023 09:13 PM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(01-20-2023 09:13 PM)UALR92 Wrote:  If Walker cared a fraction as much as you do this message board would have something positive to talk about. Time for new blood...

Great statement! If the coach cared even a fraction as much as MJS! But alas….
01-20-2023 09:27 PM
mdtntrojanceo Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-20-2023 09:27 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(01-20-2023 09:13 PM)UALR92 Wrote:  If Walker cared a fraction as much as you do this message board would have something positive to talk about. Time for new blood...

Alas indeed! Agree PTJR. Folks here is the deal. Not many of us are getting younger despite what we may try to tell ourselves:). Despite being a Medicare recipient I will continue to support if only from afar.

But alas, I look at some things a bit differently given the fact we live in Mid TN. Belmont has done it right! Period! Look at facilities, player development, NIL Opportunities, player tenure, coaching, coaching tenure, fan enthusiasm etc etc etc etc. They have ascended significantly since going D1 several years ago.

Little Rock has great facilities and is a great place for NIL deal if the athletic department gets that right. My only frame of reference re NIL and listening to the ads on the radio stream and Alas Nope! The similarities to Belmont begin to become very thin very quickly.

I believe current administration and coaching staff cares but looking objectively the energy from them is not there. The players bring energy, they are grinders, they put the work in. The players are to be admired in my mind, but alas not so much the administration and most of the coaching staff.

So I will continue to listen and support albeit from afar. I will continue to believe the Little Rock can be and one day will be ascending and more importantly sustaining the program/institutional energy to match the grinders playing ball. Despite my age, my hope springs eternal but alas time keeps moving along like a river runs!

GO TROJANS PLAYERS!! KEEP GRINDING!! KEEP YOUR HEADS UP AND ENJOY THE BALLING OUT!! GO LITTLE ROCK!!
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2023 05:29 PM by mdtntrojanceo.)
01-23-2023 05:25 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-23-2023 05:25 PM)mdtntrojanceo Wrote:  
(01-20-2023 09:27 PM)PTJR Wrote:  

Alas indeed! Agree PTJR. Folks here is the deal. Not many of us are getting younger despite what we may try to tell ourselves:). Despite being a Medicare recipient I will continue to support if only from afar.

But alas, I look at some things a bit differently given the fact we live in Mid TN. Belmont has done it right! Period! Look at facilities, player development, NIL Opportunities, player tenure, coaching, coaching tenure, fan enthusiasm etc etc etc etc. They have ascended significantly since going D1 several years ago.

Little Rock has great facilities and is a great place for NIL deal if the athletic department gets that right. My only frame of reference re NIL and listening to the ads on the radio stream and Alas Nope! The similarities to Belmont begin to become very thin very quickly.

I believe current administration and coaching staff cares but looking objectively the energy from them is not there. The players bring energy, they are grinders, they put the work in. The players are to be admired in my mind, but alas not so much the administration and most of the coaching staff.

So I will continue to listen and support albeit from afar. I will continue to believe the Little Rock can be and one day will be ascending and more importantly sustaining the program/institutional energy to match the grinders playing ball. Despite my age, my hope springs eternal but alas time keeps moving along like a river runs!

GO TROJANS PLAYERS!! KEEP GRINDING!! KEEP YOUR HEADS UP AND ENJOY THE BALLING OUT!! GO LITTLE ROCK!!

Tom, your continued support for the Trojans, after all these years, is wonderful and amazing. Not sure I would have stuck with the team, all these years, if I had moved away. Belmont is certainly a program I wish we could model. Ironically, I ran into their coach at a restaurant in Nashville this summer and had a nice conversation. The major difference I see is that they are a private school and we are public. They likely have much more freedom and leeway in making decisions and allocating resources to athletics. They likely also have a more loyal and affluent alumni base. It also appears to me that fans in Tennessee are much more willing to support schools other than the flagship campus. I seriously doubt the U of Tennessee gets more press coverage in Memphis, or even Nashville, than then local universities. There is no other State quite like Arkansas, where one school totally dominates every type of media outlet. It is hard to get around that in Little Rock. However, hopefully there are new ways to promote our program in the digital age that can be tapped into by the young folks in the LR Athletic Department. I know my 30-something kids never look at a newspaper or the local news, but they spend a lot of time on their cell phones, pads, and computers. Somehow we have to tap into that. While winning is obviously crucial we have to start connecting with the younger adults in our community. I think just balancing our budget has been a chore during Covid. I think once things fully get back to normal (who knows if that will ever happen), I do think we can put more focus on getting NIL money for our players. While we will always be fighting the hogs, in that area, I do believe that there are businesses in the city that will do what they can to support the city's team even if they continue to send some (or most) of their money to Fayetteville. Crazy that some our best fans (i.e. you, Pappy, Robert C, LRAlum, etc) don't even live here.
01-23-2023 06:38 PM
UALR92 Offline
2nd String

If you field a competitive team people will be interested and show up and even donate to the program. When you have poor results and virtually no noteworthy performances you can expect lukewarm support.
01-24-2023 12:56 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-24-2023 12:56 PM)UALR92 Wrote:  If you field a competitive team people will be interested and show up and even donate to the program. When you have poor results and virtually no noteworthy performances you can expect lukewarm support.

Sorry. I should have listed you when I mentioned great fans who don't even live in Little Rock. Just noticed that you currently reside in Fort Smith. Just need more locals who care half as much as some of you out-of-towners.
01-24-2023 01:19 PM
UALR92 Offline
2nd String

(01-24-2023 01:19 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(01-24-2023 12:56 PM)UALR92 Wrote:  If you field a competitive team people will be interested and show up and even donate to the program. When you have poor results and virtually no noteworthy performances you can expect lukewarm support.

Sorry. I should have listed you when I mentioned great fans who don't even live in Little Rock. Just noticed that you currently reside in Fort Smith. Just need more locals who care half as much as some of you out-of-towners.

I want to feel like I can drive 5 hour round trip to enjoy a competitive game. I know we cant win them all or even close in most seasons but I definitely think the fans and supporters deserve better especially fans like you that clearly care very much for the players and program. I am hoping a change will be made and we can get excited again and get behind the program and it be something we can all be proud of.
01-24-2023 07:15 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-24-2023 07:15 PM)UALR92 Wrote:  
(01-24-2023 01:19 PM)mjs Wrote:  

I want to feel like I can drive 5 hour round trip to enjoy a competitive game. I know we cant win them all or even close in most seasons but I definitely think the fans and supporters deserve better especially fans like you that clearly care very much for the players and program. I am hoping a change will be made and we can get excited again and get behind the program and it be something we can all be proud of.

I think we all can agree with that.
01-24-2023 08:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.