I Root For: MEMPHOBABEE
RE: Danaria Franklin BIH
(12-13-2022 03:32 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  
(12-13-2022 02:45 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(12-13-2022 02:39 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(12-13-2022 02:12 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  opposing team PG averages

8.4 pts 3.5 assists 2.2 tos 4.4 rbs .448 fg% .231 3pt%

anyone scared?

I think that guy might lose some minutes if our opponent had someone gaining eligibility.

Bama's freshman guard, Bradley is the real deal. He didn't get many minutes early as an incoming freshman but he could easy put up 15-20pt & he plays good D too. Another Fr, Clowney is an awesome big inside & on the perimeter. We'll have our hand full.

I am just saying, take the name away and just look at the stats, Franklin should be taking a lot of minutes from that player... add the name and you have ALo.

Alo' shooting % is better than Davis----ALO' +/- is better than Davis------so far this year ALO' stats are better than Davis-----maybe ALO should continue getting his normal minutes

01-wingedeagle Did anyone notice the point in the Auburn game when Lomax sat with 2 fouls, the level of offensive continuity/efficiency crescendo 03-idea03-cloud903-cloud903-cloud9

On the contrary, the point/moment that Alo returned (to the game). A play was drawn up for a back-cut for him.......ABSOLUTELY F@$%^KING BRILLIANT.....whatever coach is making those adjustments.....Epic Applause Epic Applause Epic Applause
The BEST utilization in 5 years 03-cloud9....I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Haith 03-idea, they destroyed us with (Princeton Cutts) plays such as that..... Please don't EVER leave Memphis 01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs01-ncaabbs
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2022 04:27 PM by thagr82008.)
12-13-2022 04:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers
(12-13-2022 01:34 PM)Stammers Wrote:  
(12-12-2022 04:05 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  Thread title of the year - well, if the name was spelled correctly!

Originally, I was thinking Damaria should take Lomax's starting spot - because we couldn't have 3 guards under 6-3 playing together. But watching them play, we've had no "shortness" issues this year. Kendric and Lomax spread the floor so well, and our D is coming along just fine. No one has been posting up our guards. So now I'm thinking the best lineup has all 3 of those guys in it - along with Deandre and Malco/Chandler.

Young should be eligible pretty soon too, giving more size inside. But he's evidently not ready to start on this team.

Before the season, I was thinking all along that Franklin would take the bulk of Lomax' minutes, and it seemed to make more sense when Lomax got off to the horrible start. Lomax is playing well so it complicates things, but he should probably still get a big chunk of them.

What hasn't been talked about, is that I think Franklin will take some of Davis' minutes. At 33 minutes per game, he is already taking a lot of punishment. It would be nice to get him down to 27-28 minutes. He will take less punishment, will be fresher and will probably shoot more efficiently. The crazy stat is Lomax and Davis averaging 8.6 rebounds per game between them AND Franklin averaging 6.9 on his own last year.

If Franklin can keep defenses honest by being a decent passer and hitting a decent amount outside, he is going to get his own and open up lanes for everyone else.

He should be taking the majority of minutes away from Jayden... Jayden is currently in the 17 range and realistically should be in the 5-8/game range.
12-13-2022 04:47 PM
true_blue_thru_and_thru Online
All American

I Root For: The Tigers
(12-12-2022 02:59 PM)mairving Wrote:  

Boom in Here.

12-13-2022 05:17 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(12-13-2022 04:47 PM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  
(12-12-2022 04:05 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  Thread title of the year - well, if the name was spelled correctly!

Originally, I was thinking Damaria should take Lomax's starting spot - because we couldn't have 3 guards under 6-3 playing together. But watching them play, we've had no "shortness" issues this year. Kendric and Lomax spread the floor so well, and our D is coming along just fine. No one has been posting up our guards. So now I'm thinking the best lineup has all 3 of those guys in it - along with Deandre and Malco/Chandler.

Young should be eligible pretty soon too, giving more size inside. But he's evidently not ready to start on this team.

Before the season, I was thinking all along that Franklin would take the bulk of Lomax' minutes, and it seemed to make more sense when Lomax got off to the horrible start. Lomax is playing well so it complicates things, but he should probably still get a big chunk of them.

What hasn't been talked about, is that I think Franklin will take some of Davis' minutes. At 33 minutes per game, he is already taking a lot of punishment. It would be nice to get him down to 27-28 minutes. He will take less punishment, will be fresher and will probably shoot more efficiently. The crazy stat is Lomax and Davis averaging 8.6 rebounds per game between them AND Franklin averaging 6.9 on his own last year.

If Franklin can keep defenses honest by being a decent passer and hitting a decent amount outside, he is going to get his own and open up lanes for everyone else.

He should be taking the majority of minutes away from Jayden... Jayden is currently in the 17 range and realistically should be in the 5-8/game range.

I agree.
12-13-2022 06:15 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(12-13-2022 02:39 PM)Atlanta Wrote:  
(12-13-2022 02:12 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  opposing team PG averages

8.4 pts 3.5 assists 2.2 tos 4.4 rbs .448 fg% .231 3pt%

anyone scared?

I think that guy might lose some minutes if our opponent had someone gaining eligibility.

Bama's freshman guard, Bradley is the real deal. He didn't get many minutes early as an incoming freshman but he could easy put up 15-20pt & he plays good D too. Another Fr, Clowney is an awesome big inside & on the perimeter. We'll have our hand full.

Sears is an active guard for them and a good shooter.
12-13-2022 07:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Dude is a hoss.
12-13-2022 07:31 PM
motiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tiger's
What number will mars be wearing?
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2022 07:46 PM by motiger.)
12-13-2022 07:46 PM
true_blue_thru_and_thru Online
All American

I Root For: The Tigers

Yep, a good kid and seems to play hard but man him getting time over Keonte or Mars or even McCadden is a headscratcher.
12-14-2022 09:54 AM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-14-2022 09:54 AM)true_blue_thru_and_thru Wrote:  

Yep, a good kid and seems to play hard but man him getting time over Keonte or Mars or even McCadden is a headscratcher.

Jayden is supposed to be the spot 3-shooter role this year. But he's just not consistent enough for it. So, yeah, this is where most of Damaria's minutes should come.
12-14-2022 01:52 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
I think when DeMars is out there, the defense can't be smothering KD as much. KD needs more breathing room. Franklin will be a strong addition to the team...a force with which to be etc. (reckoned)
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2022 01:58 PM by snowtiger.)
12-14-2022 01:57 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(12-14-2022 01:57 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  I think when DeMars is out there, the defense can't be smothering KD as much. KD needs more breathing room. Franklin will be a strong addition to the team...a force with which to be etc. (reckoned)

Well.... I reckon yur koe-reck.
12-14-2022 02:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TonyG Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-14-2022 02:44 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  
(12-14-2022 01:57 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  I think when DeMars is out there, the defense can't be smothering KD as much. KD needs more breathing room. Franklin will be a strong addition to the team...a force with which to be etc. (reckoned)

Well.... I reckon yur koe-reck.

Loved seeing him fly around yesterday getting boards. 2 out of his 3 O rebounds were effort plays and he wanted it more. We wont face Alabama type comp outside of houston again until march. Having a guard that plays big like that will show in the AAC.
12-14-2022 04:18 PM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis

Do you know him
12-14-2022 07:11 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
To know, know,know him
Is to love love love him
A quote from the teddy bears
12-14-2022 09:58 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(12-14-2022 07:11 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  

Do you know him

Why is that important?
12-14-2022 10:00 PM

(12-14-2022 09:58 PM)memphisike Wrote:  To know, know,know him
Is to love love love him
A quote from the teddy bears

Phil Spector says, and I quote, he didn't know he did it.
12-14-2022 10:41 PM

At 19 years old, Spector had written, arranged, played, sung, and produced the best-selling record in the country.
12-14-2022 10:44 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

"Game Shape" does not seem to be an issue for Franklin. I enjoy watching him move around the court.
12-18-2022 11:33 AM
memphis mania Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

THIS
12-18-2022 11:36 AM
TonyG Offline
Bench Warmer

How we feeling so far?
01-23-2023 02:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.