Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kent State @ Cleveland State
GFlash68 Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State

Crappies
RE: Kent State @ Cleveland State
This just indicates that the MAC stinks. A good MAC team, whether it be us or someone else, gets not help from our other teams. Even if a good MAC team goes undefeated, as the season goes on, the rating will probably go down. In general we have very lazy coaches, not ours of course, and they are not good recruiters or developers of talent. The real problem is the apathy of fans and the administration. This problem has a solution. Get better coaches and better players.
12-14-2022 11:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Muskrat Online
1st String

(12-14-2022 11:28 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  This just indicates that the MAC stinks. A good MAC team, whether it be us or someone else, gets not help from our other teams. Even if a good MAC team goes undefeated, as the season goes on, the rating will probably go down. In general we have very lazy coaches, not ours of course, and they are not good recruiters or developers of talent. The real problem is the apathy of fans and the administration. This problem has a solution. Get better coaches and better players.

The MAC certainly doesn't look good this year. Only Kent State and Toledo have shown much so far. Perhaps Akron.
12-15-2022 07:18 AM
cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
(12-14-2022 11:28 PM)GFlash68 Wrote:  This just indicates that the MAC stinks. A good MAC team, whether it be us or someone else, gets not help from our other teams. Even if a good MAC team goes undefeated, as the season goes on, the rating will probably go down. In general we have very lazy coaches, not ours of course, and they are not good recruiters or developers of talent. The real problem is the apathy of fans and the administration. This problem has a solution. Get better coaches and better players.

Just FYI ... Buffalo is loaded with 'talent' .... Easter Michigan is loaded with 'talent' ... Ball State is solid with 'talent.' Ditto Ohio and Akron.

If any two or more of those teams figure it out, Toledo and Kent will have their hands full in MAC play.
12-15-2022 07:57 AM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Eastern Michigan hasn't won in over a month...twice giving up more than 100 to Florida Atlantic and Winthrop. They can keep all that talent.
12-15-2022 12:16 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
I think they confuse raw athletic ability with actual team basketball skills which they have very little of. Not a good team at all.
12-15-2022 01:26 PM
cleveland Offline
1st String

(12-15-2022 12:16 PM)fallsdog Wrote:  Eastern Michigan hasn't won in over a month...twice giving up more than 100 to Florida Atlantic and Winthrop. They can keep all that talent.

If I'm not mistaken, Heath's first few months on his first job was nothing special ... even near team revolt ... but somehow things turned around at the start of MAC play......

AND THE REST IS HISTORY!!!

Last season Kent State was 9-9 (4-4) on Jan 21 .... then finished the season 23-10.

Not predicting the same thing here for any of these other MAC teams, ... just saying turnarounds can happen fast, especially when you have talent.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2022 04:46 PM by cleveland.)
12-15-2022 02:22 PM
bopol Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-15-2022 01:26 PM)axeme Wrote:  I think they confuse raw athletic ability with actual team basketball skills which they have very little of. Not a good team at all.

When raw athletic ability becomes good basketball skills, it's pretty awesome though.
12-15-2022 11:20 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

(12-15-2022 02:22 PM)cleveland Wrote:  
(12-15-2022 12:16 PM)fallsdog Wrote:  Eastern Michigan hasn't won in over a month...twice giving up more than 100 to Florida Atlantic and Winthrop. They can keep all that talent.

If I'm not mistaken, Heath's first few months on his first job was nothing special ... even near team revolt ... but somehow things turned around at the start of MAC play......

Last season Kent State was 9-9 (4-4) on Jan 21 .... then finished the season 23-10.

Not predicting the same thing here for any of these other MAC teams, ... just saying turnarounds can happen fast, especially when you have talent.

The comparison to last year's Kent team is one thing. Albeit a stretch. But.....Comparing the journey of Stan Heath's team in 2001-2002 to the 2023 Eastern Michigan Eagles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY3FxWRz1cw
12-16-2022 09:56 AM
cleveland Offline
1st String

(12-16-2022 09:56 AM)fallsdog Wrote:  

The comparison to last year's Kent team is one thing. Albeit a stretch. But.....Comparing the journey of Stan Heath's team in 2001-2002 to the 2023 Eastern Michigan Eagles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY3FxWRz1cw

Did you read the last sentence ... DID YOU???

(Not predicting the same thing here for any of these other MAC teams, ... just saying turnarounds can happen fast, especially when you have talent.)
12-16-2022 08:46 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St

Seems that math doesn't add up. We lost MAC Championship game and then a post-season game as well. 9+2=11 , so something with that statement is incorrect.
12-18-2022 12:26 AM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Did I ever.
12-18-2022 10:33 AM
cleveland Offline
1st String

(12-18-2022 10:33 AM)fallsdog Wrote:  Did I ever.

Clearly ... I'm not good in math, either. So we're even.04-cheers
12-18-2022 06:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.