UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Tony Kurre’s latest interview with Mark Ingram
(12-03-2022 04:57 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  
(12-03-2022 04:38 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  
(12-03-2022 04:19 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  
(12-03-2022 03:27 PM)58-56 Wrote:  Excitement matters, even on a board like Blazertalk. It's infectious. It leads to good things. Dueling Dragon (disclosure: we know one another in real, professional life) has laid out a very achievable pathway by which we - you and I - can make a difference.

Based on both of your tendencies for long-winded pablum, I would venture a guess of ex-Kaleidoscope "journalists".

You're often wrong, but seldom *that* wrong. Those two guys have been around for a long time, know a lot of people, and have a grasp on UAB's past and present that few on this board can match.

I've been around UAB and UAB athletics since 1978. Father was a long-time professor and close friend of Coach Bartow. I have EIGHT UAB grads in my immediate family including a teaching doctor at the med school. Sorry, not impressed with their jingoist tripe. Preaching sermons on a board of die-hard fans like this is sunday school is a joke.

Shrug. You are free to think as you wish. Hearing that does give your opinion more weight to me. That said, in all seriousness, I strongly suspect that you must not know these two guys.

58-56's sermons are an institution on this board. You may not like the stylistic form they take, but he too is an old line UAB guy. He is part of this board's institutional memory, and he has extensive knowledge of and contacts within UAB to rival anyone in your family.

The same is true of DD, and I'd add that few (if any) on this board have his real world experience with UAB and college sports. I won't out anyone, these people have a right to privacy and to protect their personal and professional lives, but both of them earned my respect many years ago.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2022 05:17 PM by UAB Band Dad.)
12-03-2022 05:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Mine as well. Preach all you want 58-56.
12-03-2022 05:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(12-03-2022 05:13 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  
(12-03-2022 04:57 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  
(12-03-2022 04:38 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  
(12-03-2022 04:19 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  
(12-03-2022 03:27 PM)58-56 Wrote:  Excitement matters, even on a board like Blazertalk. It's infectious. It leads to good things. Dueling Dragon (disclosure: we know one another in real, professional life) has laid out a very achievable pathway by which we - you and I - can make a difference.

Based on both of your tendencies for long-winded pablum, I would venture a guess of ex-Kaleidoscope "journalists".

You're often wrong, but seldom *that* wrong. Those two guys have been around for a long time, know a lot of people, and have a grasp on UAB's past and present that few on this board can match.

I've been around UAB and UAB athletics since 1978. Father was a long-time professor and close friend of Coach Bartow. I have EIGHT UAB grads in my immediate family including a teaching doctor at the med school. Sorry, not impressed with their jingoist tripe. Preaching sermons on a board of die-hard fans like this is sunday school is a joke.

Shrug. You are free to think as you wish. Hearing that does give your opinion more weight to me. That said, in all seriousness, I strongly suspect that you must not know these two guys.

58-56's sermons are an institution on this board. You may not like the stylistic form they take, but he too is an old line UAB guy. He is part of this board's institutional memory, and he has extensive knowledge of and contacts within UAB to rival anyone in your family.

The same is true of DD, and I'd add that few (if any) on this board have his real world experience with UAB and college sports. I won't out anyone, these people have a right to privacy and to protect their professional life, but both of them earned my respect many years ago.

I don't take sermonizing very well unless it's from someone like ICB who actually does it for real. I despise preachy. Telling people how they "should" be acting just pisses me off. All the regulars on BT are die-hard fans or they wouldn't be here at all. Telling them to Do Better is sanctimonious garbage and I won't let it go unchallenged.
12-03-2022 05:25 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Free speech. Your privilege.
12-03-2022 05:26 PM
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(12-03-2022 05:20 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Mine as well. Preach all you want 58-56.

Thank you. That means a lot, coming from you two.

This guy is a lost soul, and while I pity his bitterness, I have zero interest in anything he has to say and zero interest in interacting with him.

This is an exciting time. Eight years ago today, the daunting task was to head off despair. Now we have the privilege - and it is a privilege - to build excitement. This is a blessing, and we earned it. You and I and BandDad and a few hundred of our friends.

Do not fear, I will be back as inspiration and real-world responsibility allow.

This is going to be fun.
12-03-2022 05:28 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Who told them to do better? I didn’t. I told them we gotta get on the same page and focus our energy on the new era… I have talked to countless among us who want to focus on things we can’t control while not understanding a big thing we can. That’s all.
12-03-2022 05:30 PM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(12-03-2022 05:30 PM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  Who told them to do better? I didn’t. I told them we gotta get on the same page and focus our energy on the new era… I have talked to countless among us who want to focus on things we can’t control while not understanding a big thing we can. That’s all.

Sorry, DD. My ire really wasn't directed at you, it was at the faux pastor and those who tell UAB fans to "step up" like they haven't already. I apologize for including you. We may disagree on the means but we do agree on the goals and ends.
12-03-2022 05:36 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

Gotcha Green, no offense taken.

I do think we have to step up, in this way, and I am not preaching at diehards on this board when I say this … but there is a segment of our base who made their pledges and got football back and now think the work is done because we won some games and trophies. We all know some folks who maybe fit that description, and those are some folks to re-engage. Not to preach at them but to share with them that we need them as engaged today as they were when we were fighting for our lives. That is all. We are really close to some amazing things and need everybody pulling together to achieve them. I know the folks who frequent here are some of our most passionate and who do all they can.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2022 05:47 PM by DuelingDragon.)
12-03-2022 05:45 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2022 03:05 PM by KevMo4UAB.)
12-10-2022 03:38 PM
1BLZR1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-03-2022 01:25 PM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  Not blaming UAB fans. Saying what needs to happen next if we want to elevate from where we are. Every one of us who cares needs to increase our support, whatever that is to us individually. That can be money or not. It might be time. It might be going to games and talking on this board. It might be making sure to like players’ posts or buy what they are pitching. It might be nothing more than being quiet and not stirring up negativity and self-harming conspiracy crap at a crucial time. Each person would have to make their own determination as to what that is for them. Just saying we wont get to where we want to get if we, the people who care the most, don’t own it. Now there is a way we can that isn’t controlled by you know who. They can’t even participate.

This is a good post. Contributing however one can is so very important. I especially like the point about not stirring up negativity. That can’t be overstated.
12-10-2022 07:50 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2022 02:53 PM by KevMo4UAB.)
12-29-2022 02:26 PM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
(12-29-2022 02:26 PM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  Kurre and Ingram (12/28/22)

This episode was very blah. The worst of the season by far.
12-29-2022 03:02 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

02-24-2023 09:58 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

04-22-2023 04:19 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
There’s absolutely nothing about UAB Athletics in that last podcast…and I still really enjoy it. Having our AD out there, being relatable, is just so refreshing
04-22-2023 09:56 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Overall these have been good for him.
04-22-2023 10:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

04-29-2023 09:35 AM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

06-22-2023 02:20 PM
Blazing Saddles Offline
All American

Which TV station said AK was leaving?
06-22-2023 04:59 PM
Jball Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(06-22-2023 04:59 PM)Blazing Saddles Wrote:  Which TV station said AK was leaving?

CBS affiliate I believe
06-22-2023 06:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.