Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Richmond Spiders up next
Bookmark and Share
Springboromark Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
Richmond Spiders up next
Atlantic 10 foe Richmond Spiders, 3-3 record is a bit deceiving having lost games against the likes of Wichita St, 53-56, Cuse 71-74 (OT), College of Charleston 90-92(OT). They won their last game beating Temple on a neutral court, 61-49. Their starting front line in the last game goes 6-7, 200, 6-7 215 and 7-0, 250. Strong Rebounding for the Rockets will be a chore. I don't see a high scoring game.

Another Atlantic team Mason will be on the road. I like the Rockets playing stronger teams this season, I just hope Coach K continues to play his bench as he has done so far this season. I wonder why Edu only got only 5 mins last game ? Going to need him to play more minutes I believe against the Spiders, especially against their starting 7 footer.
11-23-2022 10:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Somersetco Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Richmond Spiders up next
The Richmond center is a transfer from Lafayette College in the Patriot league. My son graduated from Lafayette and we still go to a lot of games. Quinn the center is a pretty good big…7 footer. Watched their game against Syracuse and he doesn’t really shoot as much as in the past but he is a decent big. The Patriot league is not bad…Buchner and Colgate a always got…Colgate did beat Syracuse this year. After watching Richmond they are going to be a tough opponent. Btw, we saw Lafayette beat Rutgers last year and I thought Quinn was the best player on the floor.
11-23-2022 11:16 PM
Advertisement

pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Richmond will be tough. They've only lost very close games to good teams and beaten some solid schools by double digits. Mooney runs a version of the Princeton offense with lots of cutting, backdoors and motion. UT will both need to execute defensive fundamentals, have good ball pressure and active hands to disrupt Richmond's flow, and still find a way to defend bigger guys in the post. We may have some advantages with speed and ballhandling on our offensive end.

Overall, lots of tough losses for teams on UT's schedule. George Mason is off to a slow start against good comp. Vermont has played a brutal road heavy schedule and lost most of their games with a couple near miss upsets. N Iowa looks beatable. Marshall seems to have turned it around and is playing well. That will be a tough game as we've beat them up recently and revenge may be a factor.

In the MAC non-conf play lots of teams losing late leads and missing upset opportunities. I often record MAC non-conf games and do a quick watch skipping through the commercials and slow parts. Watched OU and EMU both blow late 2 possession leads against Michigan. Buffalo blow a late lead over undefeated Drake. Kent just lead Charleston (who has an at large worthy early resume) on the road all game only to have their last 4 possessions go turnover, missed shot, missed shot, turnover and lose by 2. Akron lead a strong Nevada team on a neutral court all game but blew a 7 point lead in the final 4 minutes getting outscored 13-2 to close the game. As usual the MAC is handful a bad possessions from having it's better teams with the non-conf wins that keep you in the at large convo.

A final schedule ??? small chance UT gets their P6 matchup by filling an opening in Virginia's schedule caused by a cancellation after that terrible mass shooting that killed 3 football players. UVA-N Iowa game was cancelled and both UVA and UT have an open spot on their schedules the week of Dec 10th. Both teams' coaches have UW-Green Bay and Wisconsin roots so there's some connection. However, that is exam week and the schools may choose to keep it open. TK stated that the Lourdes game is a place holder and in the unlikely chance a P6 school has a cancellation and agrees to play us, then UT will drop Lourdes.
11-24-2022 04:44 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(11-23-2022 10:10 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  Atlantic 10 foe Richmond Spiders, 3-3 record is a bit deceiving having lost games against the likes of Wichita St, 53-56, Cuse 71-74 (OT), College of Charleston 90-92(OT). They won their last game beating Temple on a neutral court, 61-49. Their starting front line in the last game goes 6-7, 200, 6-7 215 and 7-0, 250. Strong Rebounding for the Rockets will be a chore. I don't see a high scoring game.

Another Atlantic team Mason will be on the road. I like the Rockets playing stronger teams this season, I just hope Coach K continues to play his bench as he has done so far this season. I wonder why Edu only got only 5 mins last game ? Going to need him to play more minutes I believe against the Spiders, especially against their starting 7 footer.

Charleston just beat Kent, Kent’s first loss. Good measuring stick for us.
11-25-2022 08:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.