UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

***Game Thread*** Georgia
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
RE: ***Game Thread*** Georgia
I agree with that, factoring in the opponent.. but he said this was his first good game, which isn’t true. Just splitting hairs sorry
11-22-2022 07:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(11-22-2022 07:32 PM)Dracorex Wrote:  
(11-22-2022 07:06 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  
(11-22-2022 07:02 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  The 2nd half is what I've been waiting to see from this team. We were clicking on offense and playing good half court D with ball pressure. First good game from Gaines - hopefully that means he's starting to get settled in. We have a lot of weapons and depth. This can be a special team if we can consistently play like we did in the 2nd half of the game.

Gaines best game was against Presbyterian

statistically, but when you factor in quality of opponent, I'd have to disagree.

EXACTLY my point in the USF game thread. Quality of competition means everything. Until you've done it against somebody that's not totally a weak sister, it only counts for stat padding. Today's 2nd half is the first sign that we might be something more than average this season.

BUT UGA was 6-26 last season so keep that in mind. We have a long way to go until we can be considered a truly dangerous team. The main thing the UGA win proved is that we can share the court with a team from a major conference and not **** our pants, which is more than our football team can claim.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2022 09:03 PM by BlazerGreen.)
11-22-2022 08:22 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
I think this year's UGA team will be much better than the 6-26 team last year.
11-23-2022 09:59 AM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(11-23-2022 09:59 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  I think this year's UGA team will be much better than the 6-26 team last year.

I sure hope so. Gives me a team in the SEC to actually pull for. Every win they get from here on helps us.
11-23-2022 10:06 AM
Engblazr Offline
Special Teams

(11-23-2022 09:59 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  I think this year's UGA team will be much better than the 6-26 team last year.

They’re more than halfway there with 4 wins already lmao
11-23-2022 11:08 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I feel like USF is better than their record. They had some good individual players. But in any case I don't expect a lot of help from them SOS wise.

I think UGA is a decent to pretty good team. Hopefully they can stay in the top 100. Even if they don't end up very good record wise, I think it's good that we dominated an SEC/"big name" team. Far too often, we've shown up discombobulated and nervous against those type of teams, not matter how good they actually are.

It would be incredible if we can win out the rest of our OOC schedule. The only game we should lose on paper is the WVU game. We need to dominate USC like we dominated UGA.
11-23-2022 11:11 AM
blazerblazer Offline
1st String

They were big and athletic and gave us fits for the first half. If their shots fall right, they can win a lot of games in the SEC.
11-23-2022 11:13 AM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports

I honestly would not be shocked to see them finish between 8th-10th in the SEC. They have potential, and for as good as the top of that conference is, the bottom is equally terrible.
11-23-2022 11:19 AM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(11-23-2022 11:13 AM)blazerblazer Wrote:  

They were big and athletic and gave us fits for the first half. If their shots fall right, they can win a lot of games in the SEC.

Yep. They went cold for a long time. Our defense definitely played a part in that, but not 100% of it. I certainly hope that’s not a last place SEC team this year.

What’s crazy is if Jelly just makes 2-3 more of the shots he had that I’d bet he hits over 50% of the time, we beat them by 20+. We scored 87 points, and I’d argue our shooting was just average. On a hot night, our ceiling is well over 100 points.
11-23-2022 11:57 AM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

Georgia is a challenged offensive team and they are not especially deep. They expend a ton of energy defending and I think it could end up being a trend for them to wear out in the 2nd half and that show up as scoring droughts. We definitely ran them in the 2nd …
11-23-2022 12:16 PM
Blazing Saddles Offline
All American

***Game Thread*** Georgia
I was nervous when Trey picked up his 3rd personal just a few seconds into the second half.
11-23-2022 12:33 PM
bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

I think some folks got way too worked up over a loss to Toledo (which was surely disappointing, especially after the way they have played the last two games); and are getting way too exciting over a win over a pretty bad Georgia team. Yes, they will be better this year, but likely they are somewhere in the 12-14 range in the SEC. I know the public measures our success by how well we stack up against the SEC, but we should know better.

It's still early, and there will be more questionable games from this team, but hopefully we will escape with wins instead of losses. But there's no reason that by February or March, this team shouldn't be top 30.
11-23-2022 12:41 PM
THE_LEGEND Offline
1st String

UGA played 10 guys between 7-31mins.

Mike White is a good coach. They should improve through the season and might beat some good teams before the end of the season.
11-23-2022 12:46 PM
KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

KenPom has Georgia going 14-17 this season, and 5-13 in the SEC. The SEC is loaded.

I think they just folded up last season.
11-23-2022 12:48 PM
BlazintheAtl1 Offline
All American

(11-23-2022 12:41 PM)bftb Wrote:  I think some folks got way too worked up over a loss to Toledo (which was surely disappointing, especially after the way they have played the last two games); and are getting way too exciting over a win over a pretty bad Georgia team. Yes, they will be better this year, but likely they are somewhere in the 12-14 range in the SEC. I know the public measures our success by how well we stack up against the SEC, but we should know better.

It's still early, and there will be more questionable games from this team, but hopefully we will escape with wins instead of losses. But there's no reason that by February or March, this team shouldn't be top 30.

We could have beat UGA and looked bad doing it. I was excited because I think we started to play to our potential in the second half of last night's game against a team that can at least match us athletically. I think if we play as well as we did in the second half of last night's game we can beat every remaining team on our schedule.
11-23-2022 12:51 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

Yeah I would say it’s more about how WE looked vs how UGA looked. They looked like a decent to maybe above average team. WE looked great in spurts. WE finally didn’t shoot our selves in the foot and cave when they erased our 7 pt lead and got out to a 7 pt lead of their own. WE didn’t look nervous and scared against a “big name” team. Those are things that I take away from last night more so than the opponent. I’m not over the moon we beat an average to pretty good team. I’m happy about how WE looked and are showing improvement game to game.
11-23-2022 02:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.