Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Toledo vs East Carolina Pirates MBB Game Thread
Bookmark and Share
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: Toledo vs East Carolina Pirates MBB Game Thread
It's become the JT Shumate show over the last few minutes. Rockets down four, under 9 minutes
11-22-2022 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Pirates hit three straight threes. Up 60-53 with one free throw coming with 6:58 left.
11.5 points looking like a lock.
11-22-2022 12:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nick in Cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
Down 10 with 5 to go.
11-22-2022 12:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
Imagine a 6-10 post guy starting who contributed a lot and Shumate as our wing guy. That would be a lineup
11-22-2022 12:46 PM
1st String

Down 13 with 4 to go

Game over

Another loss.
11-22-2022 12:48 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Pirates making all of their free throws. Rockets down 11 with 3 minutes left.
Another L for the Rockets on the horizon.
11-22-2022 12:55 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Toledo loses 86-75. An eleven point loss of a game they entered favored by 11.5 points.
Tells us Coach K what a great mid-major team the Rockets are now at 3-2 in this young season.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2022 01:07 PM by NewMex RocketFan.)
11-22-2022 01:06 PM
Lester Offline
Special Teams

Surprising and puzzling. This team looked so good prior to this week.
11-22-2022 01:07 PM
1st String

Hoping this tourney is a wake up call for these guys and that better days are ahead.

Would rather play our best Bball in March than November.
11-22-2022 01:07 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Rockets out rebounded 35-23 and their bench outscored 23 to 12. Toledo with just 7 assists for the game.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2022 01:18 PM by NewMex RocketFan.)
11-22-2022 01:17 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
Although Ive been clammering for bench depth over the past DECADE... Rollins scoring 18 a game won us some games when we still got 20, 15 and 15 from Shumate, Dennis and Milner. Without a prolific scoring guard outside what we have, we need to play better defense and win some games in the 60's. A big body like Komagum would have gone a long way in the past 2 games. Back to focusing on football for the next 2 weekends.
11-22-2022 01:21 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

They play tomorrow at 11 a.m. (ET) against either Northern Kentucky or UT Arlington for seventh place (out of eight)
11-22-2022 01:23 PM
Macfan123 Offline
2nd String

(11-22-2022 01:21 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Although Ive been clammering for bench depth over the past DECADE... Rollins scoring 18 a game won us some games when we still got 20, 15 and 15 from Shumate, Dennis and Milner. Without a prolific scoring guard outside what we have, we need to play better defense and win some games in the 60's. A big body like Komagum would have gone a long way in the past 2 games. Back to focusing on football for the next 2 weekends.

Rollins also was a great rebounding guard, the rockets guards have to do a better job collectively picking up the rebounding slack. Another game tommorow we can’t leave Florida 0-3 can we??
11-22-2022 01:29 PM
DetroitRocket Online
Heisman

I Root For:
If you can't, or won't, have at least two guys on the roster with some size in the paint, bad things will happen.
11-22-2022 01:40 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
What a shame. This team really was just one decent post player away from what could be a special season…someone even just 6’8” but with some muscle who can make some basic contributions at both ends of the court for 20 minutes a game. Edu isn’t going to be that guy (and that’s no reflection on him; the fact that we even 10 minutes from him is amazing given what he’s gone through ). Neither is Lorentsson, even if he is 6’8” (not even close to his preferred style of play). Just my opinion, but it doesn’t look like we made much effort to land a post player, other than a true freshman who’s redshirting.

You just saw back-to-back games where a bigger body inside would have meant something for the Rockets— maybe even a win or 2. You can’t expect Cochran to cover this up every game just because he’s strong. More post mismatches to come when we play a few MAC teams.
11-22-2022 02:57 PM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I wasn't able to watch the game because I refuse to pay for FloSports - but I am shocked that we won this game. Our radio guy said that y'all are projected to win the MAC and return 4 starters from a 26-win team. That is super impressive and I hope that ECU basketball can be at that level one day.

We haven't made an NCAA tournament appearance since the early 90's, and HOPE that we may have found our head coach in Mike Schwartz. Life is hard as an ECU basketball fan, but we're starting to get excited about this young, scrappy team.

Best of luck the rest of the way, Rockets!
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2022 03:12 PM by ECUGrad07.)
11-22-2022 03:11 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(11-22-2022 03:11 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  I wasn't able to watch the game because I refuse to pay for FloSports - but I am shocked that we won this game. Our radio guy said that y'all are projected to win the MAC and return 4 starters from a 26-win team. That is super impressive and I hope that ECU basketball can be at that level one day.

We haven't made an NCAA tournament appearance since the early 90's, and HOPE that we may have found our head coach in Mike Schwartz. Life is hard as an ECU basketball fan, but we're starting to get excited about this young, scrappy team.

ECU hasn’t made an NCAA tournament appearance “since the early 90s”…

Who wants to let ECUGrad07 know…

ECUGrad07, thanks for stopping in—and we’d love to be able to say that we were in the NCAA tournament as recently as you…
11-22-2022 03:20 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(11-22-2022 03:11 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  I wasn't able to watch the game because I refuse to pay for FloSports - but I am shocked that we won this game. Our radio guy said that y'all are projected to win the MAC and return 4 starters from a 26-win team. That is super impressive and I hope that ECU basketball can be at that level one day.

Lol try not making the Big Dance since 1980. That’s the life of a UT bball fan. Our current coach constantly begs for national attention after winning a few games each year, only to then lose the very next games. This happens every single year. His teams can’t handle the spotlight. Wish our communications department would stop with all the hype and hoopla and just let this team play ball.
11-22-2022 03:21 PM
ECUGrad07 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(11-22-2022 03:21 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  

Lol try not making the Big Dance since 1980. That’s the life of a UT bball fan. Our current coach constantly begs for national attention after winning a few games each year, only to then lose the very next games. This happens every single year. His teams can’t handle the spotlight. Wish our communications department would stop with all the hype and hoopla and just let this team play ball.

Ouch. I feel for you - I think once you get to 30+ years it is all the same. 04-cheers

30 for us this year.

Well, here is to hoping we get to see each other in the big dance one day and this will all have been a bad dream.
11-22-2022 03:29 PM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

well...our rise in the polls was certainly short lived.

Time to regroup.
11-22-2022 03:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.