Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I predicted 7-5 at beginning of year
Bookmark and Share
Babes boy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: I predicted 7-5 at beginning of year
(11-16-2022 11:00 AM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  Use the WMU game as a scrimmage with an open try out for OL additions and special team practices for coaches and players.

I’m afraid there is nothing but the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the Oline
11-16-2022 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(11-16-2022 10:08 AM)Springboromark Wrote:  This hurts, despite everything that did not go well, UT could have won 35-34. Forget this game, move on to WMU and hope for a win. If it a lost, what else could be said on this board that hasn't been said already, I don't know.

One thing for sure, if it is a lost, at this point, many eyes will be on the basketball team. At the beginning of the football season, the countdown was on before the first game and I felt others on this site couldn't wait to see how this team would do. Many predicted 9-3, perhaps 8-4 and while a lot of others said 7-5. So here we are at this junction to see if the Rockets can win the next game, and the one there after in Detroit.

I don't know which one on this site fans would like to see coming out of the east ? Should it be BGSU, OU, or UB. I would like the Rockets get another shot at BG, perhaps playing their best game of the season, all 4 quarters .

If UT stumbles in the next 3 games, providing they go to a bowl game, how many players maybe going on the football portal ? Does the AD make Candle fire some of his assistants, or does he put Candle on notice as well ? Out.

If the Rockets finish no better than 1-2 over these last 3 games to be played, with that 1 win coming at WMU, then Candle is a lame duck head coach for next season & everyone will know it. Assistant coaches will bail in the offseason rather than risk being jobless when Candle is let go after next season, what talent we do have will transfer out, verbal recruits will drop us quicker than you can say “collapse”, and next season’s team will have to use walk-ins just to fill roster spots.

We should have been in year 2 or 3 of a new coach already, and possibly seeing the fruits of that (but probably no worse off than we are). The fact that we will be playing in Detroit just doesn’t seem as much of an accomplishment—we outlasted a weak West Division and lost 2 games to a stronger East division. Whoop de do.
11-16-2022 11:37 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(11-16-2022 11:37 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(11-16-2022 10:08 AM)Springboromark Wrote:  This hurts, despite everything that did not go well, UT could have won 35-34. Forget this game, move on to WMU and hope for a win. If it a lost, what else could be said on this board that hasn't been said already, I don't know.

One thing for sure, if it is a lost, at this point, many eyes will be on the basketball team. At the beginning of the football season, the countdown was on before the first game and I felt others on this site couldn't wait to see how this team would do. Many predicted 9-3, perhaps 8-4 and while a lot of others said 7-5. So here we are at this junction to see if the Rockets can win the next game, and the one there after in Detroit.

I don't know which one on this site fans would like to see coming out of the east ? Should it be BGSU, OU, or UB. I would like the Rockets get another shot at BG, perhaps playing their best game of the season, all 4 quarters .

If UT stumbles in the next 3 games, providing they go to a bowl game, how many players maybe going on the football portal ? Does the AD make Candle fire some of his assistants, or does he put Candle on notice as well ? Out.

If the Rockets finish no better than 1-2 over these last 3 games to be played, with that 1 win coming at WMU, then Candle is a lame duck head coach for next season & everyone will know it. Assistant coaches will bail in the offseason rather than risk being jobless when Candle is let go after next season, what talent we do have will transfer out, verbal recruits will drop us quicker than you can say “collapse”, and next season’s team will have to use walk-ins just to fill roster spots.

We should have been in year 2 or 3 of a new coach already, and possibly seeing the fruits of that (but probably no worse off than we are). The fact that we will be playing in Detroit just doesn’t seem as much of an accomplishment—we outlasted a weak West Division and lost 2 games to a stronger East division. Whoop de do.

So be it. We have seen the right coach come in and make a huge difference right away. If he has the right contacts, a good recruiting class could be brought in. It may take a while, but getting rid of Candle will be worth it. If the AD tells Candle he won't get a new contract, then maybe he will leave.
11-16-2022 12:17 PM
Kid Rocket Offline
Bench Warmer

Someone else deserves a chance to coach at UT, we all bring up the same old points... average program in the worst D1 conference... we all believe UT could lose the rest... we know how flat and under-coached UT is... same same same... JC banking big green while we complain on here... BB do the dirty work your lazy predecessor didn't do.
11-16-2022 12:37 PM
Nick in Cleveland Online
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
Expect an unproven third string QB to start against Western, and another loss.

Toledo deserves so much more than these idiot football coaches

How many times do we come out of a timeout and then get a delay of game? Never prepared properly on the basics.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2022 07:22 PM by Nick in Cleveland.)
11-16-2022 07:22 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

Is Gleason hurt ?
11-16-2022 08:52 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

(11-16-2022 08:52 PM)Springboromark Wrote:  Is Gleason hurt ?
Broke his hand on the last play of the first half his left hand.

However I think we can beat Western with an unproven 3rd string QB. Again it is my opinion and no one else has to agree with me,
11-16-2022 11:38 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!

O’Brien 03-lmfao For all his accomplishments, this is the deal breaker for me and which is legacy will never be truly favorable in my eyes
11-17-2022 02:17 AM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(11-17-2022 02:17 AM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  

O’Brien 03-lmfao For all his accomplishments, this is the deal breaker for me and which is legacy will never be truly favorable in my eyes

Really......Given a 20 yr career and all the achievements with teams and facilities, that seems to be a harsh assessment of ones entire tenure at UT, I agree it likely among top of a short list of his failures but that's a very short list and by no means fair consideration of entire career
11-17-2022 10:14 AM
PittRocket Offline
2nd String

(11-16-2022 09:50 AM)mbgthroughandthrough Wrote:  I did see one positive last night. I saw a backup QB that put the team on his shoulders and willed them to outscore BG 35-13 until the last 50 seconds of the game. That is, of course, after spotting them 21 to start.

Gleason was a warrior on Tuesday night! He did his best to drag this team to victory.
BTW, we gave up 17 TFLs. I think that has to be some sort of NCAA record.
11-17-2022 12:58 PM
Kid Rocket Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-17-2022 12:58 PM)PittRocket Wrote:  
(11-16-2022 09:50 AM)mbgthroughandthrough Wrote:  I did see one positive last night. I saw a backup QB that put the team on his shoulders and willed them to outscore BG 35-13 until the last 50 seconds of the game. That is, of course, after spotting them 21 to start.

Gleason was a warrior on Tuesday night! He did his best to drag this team to victory.

Has to be a record, what a nightmare..Gleason was a stud
11-17-2022 02:45 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-17-2022 02:45 PM)Kid Rocket Wrote:  

Not was. Is...
11-17-2022 03:16 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

(11-17-2022 03:16 PM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(11-17-2022 02:45 PM)Kid Rocket Wrote:  

Not was. Is...

Tucker definitely played with a lot of heart
11-17-2022 06:39 PM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

can we still go 5-7...feels like it

Very frustrating season. 'nuff said

Go Rockets!
11-17-2022 07:52 PM
indianasniff Offline
All American

I predicted 7-5 at beginning of year
Start Guigardio. Why not read option run it to death we can probably take WMU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-18-2022 04:31 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

(11-18-2022 04:31 PM)indianasniff Wrote:  Start Guigardio. Why not read option run it to death we can probably take WMU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing to lose. Shouldn’t play Gleason or DQ if they are injured
11-18-2022 07:38 PM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

Then you will be disappointed when they beat Western.
11-19-2022 06:17 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

I think Finn plays.
11-19-2022 09:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.