RE: Presbyterian Blue Hose
Students won't be on campus for the USC game
11-17-2022 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
The only way the USC game will be "incredible" or close to "incredible" is if we go undefeated until then.
11-17-2022 03:56 PM
blazerblazer Online
1st String

I Root For: UAB
(11-17-2022 03:51 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(11-17-2022 02:49 PM)blazerblazer Wrote:  The South Carolina game should be incredible.

Why?

Because it's the last big OOC game we play before conference play starts (technically Southern is the last OOC home game but a win over them should be a given).
But it's also on a Wednesday at 6pm (instead of 6:30 or 7) and students will already be out for winter break, so it could be lackluster.

I'm still annoyed that the WVU game last year was at BJCC instead of Bartow and during the same time as the bowl game - and that we lost it in the last few minutes 03-banghead.
11-17-2022 04:11 PM
randy22263 Offline
1st String

I Root For: uab
(11-17-2022 01:18 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  My opinion on how Auburn grew a basketball fan base and actual home court advantage:

1. They moved their students to the sidelines, something that UAB will never do. I believe that Alabama's student section is also behind the basket in Coleman.

2. They hired a coach that put them into the top 25 and kept them there, not just for a week but for season after season. They also make deep runs in the NCAA tournament. Pearl has made Auburn basketball nationally relevant by winning and winning big.

THAT is the only way to significantly grow attendance at UAB basketball and football games. Get ranked, stay ranked. Become relevant nationally. No amount of gimmicks will suffice. Either do it or quit complaining that the stands are empty.

️ Everyone please read that last paragraph again. Let it sink in.
I would add that doing that would bring more quality teams to Bartow as well. If you want a big time program you must produce big time. Please, please, please stop with this "If fans would just show up first" crap. Doesn't work that way. EVER!
11-17-2022 04:30 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
(11-17-2022 03:56 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  The only way the USC game will be "incredible" or close to "incredible" is if we go undefeated until then.

Based on the past we will be lucky to have it more 4,800 (actual butts in seats not tickets sold) even if we don't lose another game. Prove me wrong Blazernation.

Maybe we hit 5K but I'll play the pessimist here.
11-17-2022 05:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
(11-17-2022 03:05 PM)uabblazer2012 Wrote:  
(11-17-2022 02:43 PM)UABrandon Wrote:  
(11-17-2022 12:56 PM)uabblazer2012 Wrote:  Went to a Samford game recently and thought their student section was very impressive.

It's because Bucky went to the fraternity and sorority houses to get them to come

We have those too.

He apparently has a whole GroupMe with students to give updates and connect with the entire student body.
11-17-2022 05:20 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
(11-17-2022 04:11 PM)blazerblazer Wrote:  
(11-17-2022 03:51 PM)demiveeman Wrote:  
(11-17-2022 02:49 PM)blazerblazer Wrote:  The South Carolina game should be incredible.

Why?

Because it's the last big OOC game we play before conference play starts (technically Southern is the last OOC home game but a win over them should be a given).
But it's also on a Wednesday at 6pm (instead of 6:30 or 7) and students will already be out for winter break, so it could be lackluster.

I'm still annoyed that the WVU game last year was at BJCC instead of Bartow and during the same time as the bowl game - and that we lost it in the last few minutes 03-banghead.

You can thank Mark for that and we still would not have filled Bartow playing a quality opponent and a Hall of Fame coach. Oh and before we say all of our fans were in Shreveport, our travel crowd at the Bowl was sad. Kudos to the warriors that went. My mistake for not going to the Bowl Game.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2022 05:22 PM by ATTALLABLAZE.)
11-17-2022 05:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
58-56 Offline
Blazer Revolutionary

I Root For: Fire Ray Watts

BlazerTalk Award
(11-17-2022 05:22 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  You can thank Mark for that and we still would not have filled Bartow playing a quality opponent and a Hall of Fame coach. Oh and before we say all of our fans were in Shreveport, our travel crowd at the Bowl was sad. Kudos to the warriors that went. My mistake for not going to the Bowl Game.

You dare question the Smartest AD in the History of Brain?

The BJCC experience wasn't as bad as I feared, and I would not have been able to travel to the bright lights of Bossier City, so the simultaneity wasn't that painful to me, personally. TV games are less exciting to me than they once were; the Return changed my outlook on sports.

It's not up to me to do Mark Ingram's job. I'm done trying to convince people to attend games.
11-17-2022 05:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.