Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN College Football
Bookmark and Share
BDB5yp Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
ESPN College Football
They really liked our game. 10 minutes of solid highlight coverage. We had no business winning this game but I’ll take it: https://youtu.be/OVjleZGLdM8
11-10-2022 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NILAW Offline

I Root For: NIU
RE: ESPN College Football
Thanks for posting. With this kind of season you gotta look for the positives. While I know the issues, it was a W!

I crack up at comments on you tube at times. For this video here is one comment:

They put Justin Lynch in at the end of the 4th quarter for what reason again??!!
Kid should’ve been in all game, dude runs all over everyone. He’s a spitting image of his older brother. Huskies would’ve been up by 3 touchdowns. Western Mich is not that good to have only won by a few points. Leave Justin in the game.

Justin Lynch is hardly the "spitting image" of Jordan Lynch. In fact, that last drive is one of the few times that I remember Justin Lynch running the way I anticipated - actually better. He looked quick and ran tough! So, great job Justin! I don't know if he can develop into a decent passing QB. Unless he can I don't want to see our O being 95% or more run - that will get us nowhere!
11-10-2022 05:19 PM
pvk75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, MAC
IMO Lynch wasn't doing the passing, and was opportunity to give pt to Cremascoli. Also IMO Lynch ran better because he had no passing to think about (?). Unless Lynch is the guy for next season behind Lombardi, .......

Maybe we see this "format" in the two remaining games. Be worth it to watch.
11-11-2022 03:01 AM
Big Red Online
All American

(11-10-2022 05:19 PM)NILAW Wrote:  Thanks for posting. With this kind of season you gotta look for the positives. While I know the issues, it was a W!

I crack up at comments on you tube at times. For this video here is one comment:

They put Justin Lynch in at the end of the 4th quarter for what reason again??!!
Kid should’ve been in all game, dude runs all over everyone. He’s a spitting image of his older brother. Huskies would’ve been up by 3 touchdowns. Western Mich is not that good to have only won by a few points. Leave Justin in the game.

Justin Lynch is hardly the "spitting image" of Jordan Lynch. In fact, that last drive is one of the few times that I remember Justin Lynch running the way I anticipated - actually better. He looked quick and ran tough! So, great job Justin! I don't know if he can develop into a decent passing QB. Unless he can I don't want to see our O being 95% or more run - that will get us nowhere!

My take as well. Seemed more like Lynch was able to take advantage of a tired and possibly beat up (and missing a player who was ejected) WMU defense at the end of a game. It was a great utilization of his skill set. Although it is possible Cremascoli was hurt or banged up on that cheap hit on the sideline and Lynch was the healthier option, but he was also just a great option in that situation.
11-11-2022 08:29 AM
Advertisement

Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(11-11-2022 08:29 AM)Big Red Wrote:  
(11-10-2022 05:19 PM)NILAW Wrote:  Thanks for posting. With this kind of season you gotta look for the positives. While I know the issues, it was a W!

My take as well. Seemed more like Lynch was able to take advantage of a tired and possibly beat up (and missing a player who was ejected) WMU defense at the end of a game. It was a great utilization of his skill set. Although it is possible Cremascoli was hurt or banged up on that cheap hit on the sideline and Lynch was the healthier option, but he was also just a great option in that situation.

I was more impressed with his 9 yard TD run where the defender just bounced off of him when he had a clean shot. The long run was nice but nothing more impressive than Ryan Graham’s 60 yarder his second season. I think a really elusive/fast runner takes that to the house.
11-11-2022 12:54 PM
HawaiiToNIU Online
All American

I will say, good on Hammock for recognizing Justin's strengths and weaknesses. The guy clearly can't pass, but has something to offer as a wildcat QB. Carey thought he was JL6 out of the gate, and well, no.
11-11-2022 01:02 PM
Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(11-11-2022 01:02 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  I will say, good on Hammock for recognizing Justin's strengths and weaknesses. The guy clearly can't pass, but has something to offer as a wildcat QB. Carey thought he was JL6 out of the gate, and well, no.

What scares me is Hammock watched him throw and practice and still had him as 3.
11-12-2022 05:38 PM
Big Red Online
All American

(11-12-2022 05:38 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(11-11-2022 01:02 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  I will say, good on Hammock for recognizing Justin's strengths and weaknesses. The guy clearly can't pass, but has something to offer as a wildcat QB. Carey thought he was JL6 out of the gate, and well, no.

What scares me is Hammock watched him throw and practice and still had him as 3.

Is this a bit?
11-12-2022 05:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.