Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How Does EMU Match Up Against UofM and Can We Win?
Bookmark and Share
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
RE: How Does EMU Match Up Against UofM and Can We Win?
(11-11-2022 05:52 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I think this is a bad line:

Line : MICH -21.0
O/U : 143.5

UofM giving 21 is too much. It won't be a blowout, by any means.

This line indicates the game is too big for EMUs young team. Keep Howard in check and stay in front of Bufkin and Llewelyn.

Keys to EMU Success:

1) Don’t foul Dickinson
2) Boxout and rebound - win this stat
3) Don’t have mind numbing TOs
4) Emoni puts up 20 pts, 10 rebounds, 4 assists (15 shots) 2 TOs
5) Noah puts up 20 pts and 5 assists 2 TOs
6) Acuff puts up 12 points and 4 assists 2 TOs
7) Golson 10 points 6 rebounds
8) Lovejoy 8 points 4 assists 1 TO
9) Billingsley 10 points 7 rebounds
10) Geeter 8 points 8 rebounds- 3 fouls

I believe this could be anybodys game if we out rebound UofM (far fetched based on first two games) and have less turnovers.

We’re 21 point underdogs and we have nothing to lose. This team will keep getting better and better providing we don’t have any glaring injuries and Emoni is able to play.

Should be a fun season and GGA will be rocking when MAC play starts!
11-11-2022 09:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

All Eyes in the college basketball region will be keeping an eye or two on this game. EMU let’s make this entertaining - please :-)
11-11-2022 09:06 AM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

This is a good point by VannZee.
https://mobile.twitter.com/thevannzee/st...7001545728

We have a couple guys on the team that are NBA prospects- who knows if they make it or not. But a different story for the rest. This game in an NBA arena should be a unique and memorable experience for them. I am glad whoever arranged this did so… (Actually, does anyone know who arranged this? How did this come about? Was it Coach Howard’s idea or Coach Heath’s idea? Or was it one or the other’s athletic departments?)
11-11-2022 09:23 AM
Miggy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eastern Michigan and Tem
(11-11-2022 09:01 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(11-11-2022 05:52 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I think this is a bad line:

Line : MICH -21.0
O/U : 143.5

UofM giving 21 is too much. It won't be a blowout, by any means.

This line indicates the game is too big for EMUs young team. Keep Howard in check and stay in front of Bufkin and Llewelyn.

Keys to EMU Success:

1) Don’t foul Dickinson
2) Boxout and rebound - win this stat
3) Don’t have mind numbing TOs
4) Emoni puts up 20 pts, 10 rebounds, 4 assists (15 shots) 2 TOs
5) Noah puts up 20 pts and 5 assists 2 TOs
6) Acuff puts up 12 points and 4 assists 2 TOs
7) Golson 10 points 6 rebounds
8) Lovejoy 8 points 4 assists 1 TO
9) Billingsley 10 points 7 rebounds
10) Geeter 8 points 8 rebounds- 3 fouls

I believe this could be anybodys game if we out rebound UofM (far fetched based on first two games) and have less turnovers.

We’re 21 point underdogs and we have nothing to lose. This team will keep getting better and better providing we don’t have any glaring injuries and Emoni is able to play.

Should be a fun season and GGA will be rocking when MAC play starts!

Rarely are games decided by rebounds, and doubt they'll be a factor in tonight's game. I even did a study on rebounding of one college team for a whole season, and that was my conclusion. For those still interested in rebounds just compare offensive rebounds. It's good to see that Michigan didn't crash the offensive board in their first game. Hope they don't tonight. Hope we will. Nice way to get extra possessions. Same for steals.

It's also unlikely that there will be much of a turnover differential between the two teams. I think the game will be decided by who takes and makes the most three's, and at the foul-line. EMU has to both shoot far more three's and shoot a better percentage to beat Michigan. Will re-visit this topic after the game.

I'm just hoping that if a EMU player is off shooting, he doesn't keep jacking it up. That happened in the Indiana game last season and cost EMU the game.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022 09:30 AM by Miggy.)
11-11-2022 09:27 AM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(11-10-2022 10:23 AM)truEMU07 Wrote:  The thing I love about this EMU team that we haven't had in a LONG time is our shooting. It is the great equalizer in Friday's game. I think we have shown that we can be a great shooting team. And we all know Noah and Emoni will be fearless against anyone.

The closer we get to the game the more I love our chances. Call it blind optimism if you want, but I think if nothing else we will have a good time!

I know what you are talking about. I feel like EMU can win by 20, or UM can win by 20, or it can be a tight game all the way through. I think it’s an even matchup and going to depend on whose shots are falling.

Of course, I am worried about Dickinson dominating (not so much the freshman Reed who got 1 point against Purdue-FortWayne), but as Miggy suggests: If Dickinson gets a bunch of 2s it doesn’t matter if Noah/Acuff/Emoni counter with a bunch of 3s.

So I am more worried about Llewellyn/Howard/Baker dropping lots of 3s themselves. And where Dickinson is of most value is facilitating these guys get 3s. The games I watched, Dickinson is a good passer- not sure if he is known for that or not. Which is why I like having Geeter at center, he is a good passer. But he has 2 less years of experience than Dickinson and 5 less inches.

Nonetheless, I agree with you whoever’s 3s fall is going to win this game.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022 09:43 AM by RamyEMU.)
11-11-2022 09:42 AM
mpleafan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: EMU, U of M
Key is slowing down Dickinson. I say slowing down because I don't think k we can stop him Geeter and Billingsley need to give 200 percent for every rebound.

Gonna need to shoot the lights out as well. Even if we lose, I'd still be content with single digits most of the way with Michigan pulling away late.
11-11-2022 11:13 AM
EagleHawk Offline
Special Teams

11-11-2022 11:22 AM
EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH
I'm feeling tonight is the start of the glory days returning to Ypsi! Michigan is a tough task, because they've shooters, size, and experience! Heath is what we've not had in a coach since Braun! Someone who can flat out recruit, and will change the program's trajectory in his first 2-3 seasons! He's Our Oats, Leipold, Campbell coach! Let's shock the world tonight, and win! If we rebound, and stop Michigan from hitting open 3's we've a chance! We're very young, but talented! We've 1 5 star, and 3 4 stars that are starting tonight! Bates will show metro Detroit why he was considered the #1 high school player in the country starting tonight, and his sidekick Noah will bring it as well! Geeter, and Billingsley have to play great!
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022 12:36 PM by EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's.)
11-11-2022 12:07 PM
FrankAnderson Offline
All American

The line has moved down a bit toward us. 18.5 now.
11-11-2022 12:21 PM
truEMU07 Offline
Special Teams

(11-11-2022 12:21 PM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  The line has moved down a bit toward us. 18.5 now.

The spread continues to drop across the board. Ceasar's now matches the 18.5 while FanDuel has dropped to 17.5. The moneyline (EMU winning outright) odds have moved from +1600 this morning to +1280, meaning some of the sharps out there are putting money on EMU to cover/win.

The over/under mark has also gone up a few points to 146.5 as well.
11-11-2022 12:31 PM
Miggy Offline
1st String

In Heath we trust! No big time school should want to play a Heath coached team at the beginning of the season.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022 02:15 PM by Miggy.)
11-11-2022 02:14 PM
Miggy Offline
1st String

:banghead:On defense EMU's goal should be to hold Michigan to scoring 69 or less points. To do that, EMU needs to hold Michigan to scoring no more than 19-2's, 7-3's, and 10-made FT's. If one category goes up, one or both of the other categories must go down.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022 02:35 PM by Miggy.)
11-11-2022 02:32 PM
EdifiedVoyage6 Offline
2nd String

(11-11-2022 02:14 PM)Miggy Wrote:  In Heath we trust! No big time school should want to play a Heath coached team at the beginning of the season.

Last year when we began the season we almost beat Indiana. I thought it was very impressive especially with the roster we had. So I agree, In Heath we Trust
11-11-2022 02:34 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(11-11-2022 02:32 PM)Miggy Wrote:  :banghead:On defense EMU's goal should be to hold Michigan to scoring 69 or less points. To do that, EMU needs to hold Michigan to scoring no more than 19-2's, 7-3's, and 10-made FT's. If one category goes up, one or both of the other categories must go down.

I feel like all you are saying with this post is basically:
“In order for EMU to win, they need to outscore UM”

03-lmfao …I am teasing you a bit. You are normally a very informative poster…
11-11-2022 02:43 PM
Miggy Offline
1st String

(11-11-2022 02:43 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  
(11-11-2022 02:32 PM)Miggy Wrote:  :banghead:On defense EMU's goal should be to hold Michigan to scoring 69 or less points. To do that, EMU needs to hold Michigan to scoring no more than 19-2's, 7-3's, and 10-made FT's. If one category goes up, one or both of the other categories must go down.

I feel like all you are saying with this post is basically:
“In order for EMU to win, they need to outscore UM”

03-lmfao …I am teasing you a bit. You are normally a very informative poster…

EMU should score anywhere from 65-points to 80-points. To give themselves best chance to win is by concentrating on not letting opponent make many three's and fouling infrequently to keep Michigan off the foul-line.

Rather than concentrate on what individual EMU players may do, I look at bb as basically a math game.

You want your team to shoot three's and keep opponents from hitting three's as three's are by definition are more points than a made two-point shot. Shooting 40 percent on three's is equivalent to shooting 60 percent on two's which few players do.

But while it makes sense to keep opponents three point percentage down, one cannot even on a good three-point shooting team, to shoot three's well on any given night. EMU definitely have a number of good three-point shooters.

Would be nice to see EMU go to the foul-line as much as Michigan will but that's not likely unless EMU commits few fouls.

So, it would make a huge difference if EMU can concentrate on stopping Michigan's three-ball. Limit Michigan to 5-three's, and not put Michigan to the foul-line much, should put EMU in a good position to win the game, assuming shooting doesn't go south. Avoiding Dickinson's defense should accomplish that. Hope Bates, Lovelady, can somehow get to the foul-line.
11-11-2022 03:51 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Anyone have any idea how ticket sales are, esp. EMU students, alums, fans, etc.??

Assuming Ticketmaster accurately reflects available tickets (ie., isn't blocking out tickets to the schools which may not be sold and later released).
11-11-2022 04:57 PM
cidbearit Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU
(11-11-2022 04:57 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Anyone have any idea how ticket sales are, esp. EMU students, alums, fans, etc.??

Assuming Ticketmaster accurately reflects available tickets (ie., isn't blocking out tickets to the schools which may not be sold and later released).

I talked to Alex a little bit ago. He said a good number of the football team is going to the game. Based on what he said, as of late this morning the EMU student section tickets were sold out. They will be sitting behind one of the baskets.
11-11-2022 06:24 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Legend…from 3?!
11-11-2022 09:10 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Gonna have to start doubling Dickinson. It’s too easy for him right now. If Michigan kills us from 3, then they kill us from 3. Can’t let Dickinson dominate.
11-11-2022 09:12 PM
EagleSam Offline
Heisman

Lovejoy is a pest. Going to be my favorite player on this team, I can already tell.
11-11-2022 09:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.