Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC Basketball Preseason Poll
Bookmark and Share
Miggy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eastern Michigan and Tem
RE: MAC Basketball Preseason Poll
WMU's Norman Jr., is a top 5 MAC player.
11-08-2022 04:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
(11-08-2022 04:42 PM)Miggy Wrote:  WMU's Norman Jr., is a top 5 MAC player.

Agree!
11-08-2022 04:52 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
And WMU lost by 1 to Minnesota even without White.
11-09-2022 12:12 AM
Miggy Offline
1st String

Really want to see Emoni his sophomore season both reduce his turnover
rate and increase his rebounding.
11-09-2022 08:04 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(11-06-2022 11:28 PM)Miggy Wrote:  
(11-06-2022 09:08 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  I’ve looked over a few of the rosters specifically Kent, Toledo, Akron, CMU, WMU and Toledo.

On paper - this is where I see the MAC shaking out this year before conference season begins. Then I’ll reevaluate these teams after the OOC schedule for my MAC prediction.

1) Kent - very strong starting 5 with great offensive and defensive players.
2) I see no clear two in the conference but would put Toledo and Akron here only due to experience. I like Toledo’s transfer Cochran but losing Ryan will hurt.

Akron plays tough D and D wins championships but their offense was woeful last season.
3) EMU, BSU, CMU, Ohio and WMU are all ranked in this clump.

I believe EMU may have the top 3 point shooting team in the league but our weakness will be low post scoring and low post defense. If we can strengthen our defense at all positions then I like our chances in this clump of teams.

Ohio - this team will have the Best low post scoring offense and low post defense. If they develop some shooters, they will be tough and when they miss their shots, their bigs will gobble up rebounds and have a very high two point fg percentage.

CMU - I like their coach, I like Boopie Miller and their transfers. They improved down the stretch and beat out EMU due to our untimely Covid19 issues. Keep an eye on CMU.

BSU - tough in the post and some quality guards. Sparks may be the best PF in the conference but their depth is questionable. A team that will improve as the season progresses.

WMU - talented guards but I see them being close to a 0.500 team and no better but they will go as their nice shooting guards go.

More analysts later

Luckyone, as always a terrific and informative post.

Who do you think are the five best MAC bb player? Anyone else want to chime in?

As for EMU, do think Geeter will score well inside. Just hope Billingsley and Randle do well playing the Center position.

Very tough to put EMU players here because of inexperience but this would be my preseason Top 5 based on eye test:

First Team
1) Sincere Carry G, KSU - plays with fire in his belly and a chip on his shoulder. Definitely the Top player in the conference.
2) Payton Sparks, C, Ball State, So. - silky smooth in the post with soft hands. Could play and start for most P5 schools.
3) Lamar Norman Jr., G, Western Michigan, Sr. - you have to guard him when he enters the gym. Needs to improve his D.
4) Emoni Bates, SF, So, EMU - the most skilled player in the conference but he’s only 18 yo. I am placing him here based on what I personally saw in high school games. I mean I saw him dominate players from Detroit as a 14 yo. Will he play D or leak out for dunks?
5) Dwight Wilson - Ohio, PF, Sr - he is a dominant PF in the conference.
6) Noah Farrakhan, G, So, EMU - can score at all levels. Best bounce of any guard in the MAC. Need Noah to play relentless D and gain strength for next level.
7) Boopie Miller, G, So, CMU - silky smooth
8) Toledo players - a couple very skilled players but no dominant player.
11-09-2022 08:41 AM
Miggy Offline
1st String

Highest national rating I can find for EMU mens bb is Sports Ratings that has EMU ranked 159th in the nation. Sagararin rankings has EMU at 233. Others lower.

A good EMU showing playing Michigan would help.

EMU is a far stronger team than last season when EMU was beaten by Indiana in it's first game by 6-points. EMU outscored Indiana by 11-points on Indiana's home court in the second half.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022 10:14 AM by Miggy.)
11-09-2022 10:08 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(11-09-2022 08:41 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(11-06-2022 09:08 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  I’ve looked over a few of the rosters specifically Kent, Toledo, Akron, CMU, WMU and Toledo.

On paper - this is where I see the MAC shaking out this year before conference season begins. Then I’ll reevaluate these teams after the OOC schedule for my MAC prediction.

2) I see no clear two in the conference but would put Toledo and Akron here only due to experience. I like Toledo’s transfer Cochran but losing Ryan will hurt.

Akron plays tough D and D wins championships but their offense was woeful last season.

I believe EMU may have the top 3 point shooting team in the league but our weakness will be low post scoring and low post defense. If we can strengthen our defense at all positions then I like our chances in this clump of teams.

Ohio - this team will have the Best low post scoring offense and low post defense. If they develop some shooters, they will be tough and when they miss their shots, their bigs will gobble up rebounds and have a very high two point fg percentage.

CMU - I like their coach, I like Boopie Miller and their transfers. They improved down the stretch and beat out EMU due to our untimely Covid19 issues. Keep an eye on CMU.

BSU - tough in the post and some quality guards. Sparks may be the best PF in the conference but their depth is questionable. A team that will improve as the season progresses.

WMU - talented guards but I see them being close to a 0.500 team and no better but they will go as their nice shooting guards go.

More analysts later

As for EMU, do think Geeter will score well inside. Just hope Billingsley and Randle do well playing the Center position.

Very tough to put EMU players here because of inexperience but this would be my preseason Top 5 based on eye test:

First Team
1) Sincere Carry G, KSU - plays with fire in his belly and a chip on his shoulder. Definitely the Top player in the conference.
2) Payton Sparks, C, Ball State, So. - silky smooth in the post with soft hands. Could play and start for most P5 schools.
3) Lamar Norman Jr., G, Western Michigan, Sr. - you have to guard him when he enters the gym. Needs to improve his D.
4) Emoni Bates, SF, So, EMU - the most skilled player in the conference but he’s only 18 yo. I am placing him here based on what I personally saw in high school games. I mean I saw him dominate players from Detroit as a 14 yo. Will he play D or leak out for dunks?
6) Noah Farrakhan, G, So, EMU - can score at all levels. Best bounce of any guard in the MAC. Need Noah to play relentless D and gain strength for next level.

You could make a case for either Freeman or Castaneda to join this listing from Akron.
11-09-2022 10:29 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(11-09-2022 10:29 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(11-09-2022 08:41 AM)Luckeyone Wrote:  

More analysts later

First Team

You could make a case for either Freeman or Castaneda to join this listing from Akron.

Agree ‘79 - Akron may be the second best defensive team overall with lots of talented players.
11-09-2022 11:56 AM
Miggy Offline
1st String

Without getting into who will be the best player in the MAC this season, Sincere and Noah had comparable scoring stats last season. As averaging 36.6 mpg, Sincere averaged 17.9 ppg, while Noah averaged 31.4 mpg, 5.2 minutes less per game than Sincere, and Noah averaged 16.6 ppg. Noah would have averaged more points per game than Sincere if he had played the same minutes as Sincere did. Not bad for a freshman.

Solely because Sincere played more and averaged more ppg, Sincere was ranked 22nd in the nation among all PG's, and Noah 34th. Clearly, Noah would have been ranked in top 10 of all PGs. if Noah played more, and thus averaged more points. Noah also had the highest 3-point shooting percentage among all the top 25 scoring PGs in the nation.

Noah also was the highest scorer of any freshman PGs in the nation. See NCAA Stats, Real GM.

It's not clear whether Noah will have to average as many points as EMU has far more scoring weapons than they did last season.

Since Noah tweaked his game this summer, I see Noah's number of turnovers dropping by at least 40 percent, and to dip to 2 or less turnovers per game.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2022 08:30 PM by Miggy.)
11-09-2022 12:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.