Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC Sports Economics
Bookmark and Share
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
UC Sports Economics
UC has released multiple reports for year end fiscal data in FY 22, and man, did we ride the CFP to some huge numbers.

Raised a record $39.61M this past year, which is $10.92M more than the next best year in UC Athletics history. Increased both donors by roughly 3,000 this past year (with 1800 new donors) and average gift by just over 10%

Doubled our next best year on record in regards to licensing revenue and nearly doubled the amount of apparel sold over the next best year on record, and last year's number was the equivalent of roughly 11% of the TOTAL REVENUE GENERATION FROM LICENSING IN THE HISTORY OF UC ATHLETICS. Licensing revenue had us at 28th in the CLC consortium which includes just about every University in the country.

This is huge stuff, both for the financial viability of the department post-Big 12 move AND for the growth of the department and their efforts to be competitive across the board by July 1st, 2023. If this all doesn't continue to show people why football is king, I don't know what will.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022 09:05 AM by BearcatMan.)
09-02-2022 09:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
RE: UC Sports Economics
They don't post much anymore on this board but there are still a "basketball only" types out there. I can understand basketball being your preferred sport of the two but I don't understand the guys who can't root for this football program right now or still maintain we can do just as well if we were to put all of our eggs into the hoops basket (no pun intended) instead.

The financials above are fantastic, I think we are just beginning to scratch the surface. There are still a lot of people who have not fully started to give yet for a variety of reasons (recent grads, economic hardships, not quite buying in until we are actually in the BXII, etc.).

09-02-2022 09:11 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

Interesting to note on the top 20 retailers Meijer is on the list but our hometown grocer (Kroger) is no where to be found.

09-02-2022 09:43 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(09-02-2022 09:43 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Interesting to note on the top 20 retailers Meijer is on the list but our hometown grocer (Kroger) is no where to be found.

Too busy supporting UK and UL.

09-02-2022 09:53 AM
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(09-02-2022 09:43 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Interesting to note on the top 20 retailers Meijer is on the list but our hometown grocer (Kroger) is no where to be found.

This isn't surprising. Kroger doesn't sell much clothing at all.

The ones I am really surprised to see are West Chester Hospital and Cracker Barrel.

Also, very surprised to see Koch Sporting Goods so low at #20. And Walmart & Kohls at 17 & 18. Meijer & Sam's Club are both 7 times higher than Walmart.

09-02-2022 11:21 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(09-02-2022 11:21 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  

The ones I am really surprised to see are West Chester Hospital and Cracker Barrel.

Also, very surprised to see Koch Sporting Goods so low at #20. And Walmart & Kohls at 17 & 18. Meijer & Sam's Club are both 7 times higher than Walmart.

Yankee Road (Children's Hospital) Kroger has a lot of Bengals, an Ohio State U and FCC but not one single UC item.

09-02-2022 11:29 AM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

(09-02-2022 09:53 AM)doss2 Wrote:  

To be fair, Kroger is mostly grocery and doesn’t sell apparel like Meijer does. I have four Krogers within a three mile radius of my house and at best any of them *might* have a promotional clothing display at best. With that said, the Kettering Meijer typically has a good assortment of UC shirts, hoodies, etc.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022 12:07 PM by BearcatsUC.)
09-02-2022 12:03 PM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

Only one location, not very close to campus for people dropping by to get anything, not a huge inventory space and they don't really have a ton of inventory for UC in general, their place in there was not as surprising to me as seeing friggin Cracker Barrell beating them out 03-lmfao

It's really cool to see us as the 3rd highest ranked sales for a place like Rally House. That's a regional store, specifically for athletics apparel, that has a ton of locations in the Great Lakes, and randomly in Texas...good to see we are out performing other major Great Lakes institutions there.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022 12:14 PM by BearcatMan.)
09-02-2022 12:10 PM
BearcatsUC Offline
Heisman

(09-02-2022 12:10 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

Only one location, not very close to campus for people dropping by to get anything, not a huge inventory space and they don't really have a ton of inventory for UC in general, their place in there was not as surprising to me as seeing friggin Cracker Barrell beating them out 03-lmfao

It's really cool to see us as the 3rd highest ranked sales for a place like Rally House. That's a regional store, specifically for athletics apparel, that has a ton of locations in the Great Lakes, and randomly in Texas...good to see we are out performing other major Great Lakes institutions there.

The Centerville Cracker Barrell gives space to both UC and O$U fairly equally. Anecdotal, but they do this every year so someone must be buying UC stuff here.

09-02-2022 12:16 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

(09-02-2022 12:03 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  
(09-02-2022 09:53 AM)doss2 Wrote:  

To be fair, Kroger is mostly grocery and doesn’t sell apparel like Meijer does. I have four Krogers within a three mile radius of my house and at best any of them *might* have a promotional clothing display at best. With that said, the Kettering Meijer typically has a good assortment of UC shirts, hoodies, etc.

Kroger carries a ton of Louisville Cardinals and Kentucky Wildcat merchandise, but no UC. Check out the website link below (filter for all three teams).

https://www.kroger.com/search?query=Loui...ult_search

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2022 12:33 PM by CliftonAve.)
09-02-2022 12:31 PM
Advertisement

Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
I've been working on a project looking at TV numbers from 2017 to 2022. The last two years have absolutely exploded in terms of our exposure on TV. I'm talking average ratings of 500-600k to 1.2-1.4 million per Neilson appearance

09-02-2022 12:33 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(09-02-2022 12:03 PM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  To be fair, Kroger is mostly grocery and doesn’t sell apparel like Meijer does. I have four Krogers within a three mile radius of my house and at best any of them *might* have a promotional clothing display at best. With that said, the Kettering Meijer typically has a good assortment of UC shirts, hoodies, etc.

Kettering Meijer is great. Also hit up Rally House. When I am meeting my ex-wife to exchange the kids I will stop in the Tylersville Rd. Meijer as well.

09-02-2022 12:34 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

Cincinnati area Cracker Barrel stores typically have a small collection of clothing and hats along with some unique novelty/souvenir logo items.

The summary report is quite interesting to sift through and provides some sense of what stores are actually serious about offering Bearcat merchandise. Those stores deserve our support.

Regarding other retailers, Koch's doesn't surprise me. It's a great store but not many are browsing on Fourth Street these days. Macy's is nowhere to be found unless those sales are included in "Lids" which I believe licenses the fan shop space in Macy's stores. Kohl's used to have Adidas or Under Armour licensed product but now seems to have mostly private label or off brands and I bet UC sales have suffered. Dillards used to have a good selection of UA product and had nothing last season. Their buyers picked the wrong season to forsake UC, LOL.

09-02-2022 12:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.