Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

9 More Days
Bookmark and Share
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
9 More Days
Until we are officially in the SBC! Home Sweet Home! What are you all most excited about?

I'm really looking forward to a great football atmosphere and I'm also looking forward to seeing what we can do in basketball this year. It will be really refreshing seeing all of the new and very old teams back on our schedule. I seriously think looking back that the football and basketball atmosphere in the SoCon was better than it was in the MAC and CUSA (since the last realignment). And I'm talking about how much the other conference members were in to their schools, I think the SBC will be great for us.
06-21-2022 06:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GreenBison Offline
Heisman

RE: 9 More Days
(06-21-2022 06:58 AM)GreenBison Wrote:  Until we are officially in the SBC! Home Sweet Home! What are you all most excited about?

I'm really looking forward to a great football atmosphere and I'm also looking forward to seeing what we can do in basketball this year. It will be really refreshing seeing all of the new and very old teams back on our schedule. I seriously think looking back that the football and basketball atmosphere in the SoCon was better than it was in the MAC and CUSA (since the last realignment). And I'm talking about how much the other conference members were in to their schools, I think the SBC will be great for us.

Yeah me too!
06-21-2022 03:32 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Football and a giant breath of fresh air from that stagnation of CUSA. I'm also really excited about the soccer league that the SBC has become. CUSA is all but dead and the SBC has become one of the premier soccer leagues.
06-21-2022 04:47 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

(06-21-2022 04:47 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  Football and a giant breath of fresh air from that stagnation of CUSA. I'm also really excited about the soccer league that the SBC has become. CUSA is all but dead and the SBC has become one of the premier soccer leagues.

Premier soccer and baseball. We need to get on the horse in regards to baseball.
06-21-2022 08:55 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(06-21-2022 08:55 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  
(06-21-2022 04:47 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  Football and a giant breath of fresh air from that stagnation of CUSA. I'm also really excited about the soccer league that the SBC has become. CUSA is all but dead and the SBC has become one of the premier soccer leagues.

Premier soccer and baseball. We need to get on the horse in regards to baseball.

So many people fight against baseball. I's a revenue sport in the 'belt. If we invest just a little into it plus a stadium, we can be competitive. We have a surprisingly good talent base to draw from. No reason baseball can't do what soccer did with a couple good seasons. Huntington will support good baseball.
06-22-2022 04:46 AM
Advertisement

GreenBison Offline
Heisman

(06-22-2022 04:46 AM)MUther Wrote:  

So many people fight against baseball. I's a revenue sport in the 'belt. If we invest just a little into it plus a stadium, we can be competitive. We have a surprisingly good talent base to draw from. No reason baseball can't do what soccer did with a couple good seasons. Huntington will support good baseball.

Seriously... you can't throw a rock in Huntington without hitting a Reds fan.
06-22-2022 06:58 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(06-22-2022 06:58 AM)GreenBison Wrote:  

Yeah, but I know at least 25-30 people including me who would go to a May Marshall baseball game and sit in he sun and take in a series....And if I know some, someone else knows 50 more...
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2022 11:47 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
06-22-2022 11:47 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(06-22-2022 11:47 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  

Yeah, but I know at least 25-30 people including me who would go to a May Marshall baseball game and sit in he sun and take in a series....And if I know some, someone else knows 50 more...

Exactly. I never went to Charleston for a game or drove up Route 2. But if I can go visit campus and catch a baseball game in Huntington, proper, then I'd be into it. We'd already be in a new stadium if COVID didn't happen. It was set to be like 2021 for the first season. Everybody pulled out when people got sick and there was a lot of uncertainty. I'm glad they kept the prize in front of them. But geez, it's time.
06-24-2022 06:12 AM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

(06-24-2022 06:12 AM)MUther Wrote:  
(06-22-2022 11:47 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  
(06-21-2022 08:55 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  Premier soccer and baseball. We need to get on the horse in regards to baseball.

Exactly. I never went to Charleston for a game or drove up Route 2. But if I can go visit campus and catch a baseball game in Huntington, proper, then I'd be into it. We'd already be in a new stadium if COVID didn't happen. It was set to be like 2021 for the first season. Everybody pulled out when people got sick and there was a lot of uncertainty. I'm glad they kept the prize in front of them. But geez, it's time.

What I wouldn't give for a Baseball game on the river with a bag of peanuts and Yeungling Lager.. oh and a hotdog or two with sauce and slaw.
06-24-2022 07:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.