Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: $10 Kroger Tickets
(06-27-2022 09:58 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  
(06-27-2022 06:42 PM)Virginia Tiger Wrote:  
(06-27-2022 02:24 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(06-27-2022 01:05 PM)Virginia Tiger Wrote:  
(06-27-2022 12:54 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Ole Miss charges students $155 for football tickets.

Sure they do. Its because that school knows that their students' mommies and daddies are the ones happily footing that bill.

There are plenty of mommies & daddies footing the bills at Memphis.

Currently, full-time Memphis students are admitted free to football and basketball games. I would guess that if Memphis decided to charge students $155 for tickets, more Memphis mommies and daddies would say no than the Ole Miss mommies and daddies.

It was part of an activity fee when I did my time.

Pretty sure it still is. You can charge x% of students directly, like many schools do. Or charge 100% a bit less, like many others do. Not sure either has an impact on student attendance.
06-28-2022 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Keeper Offline
All American

Went up to Madison Wisconsin last season, and went to a Badger game. My friend tailgates with many other friends and parking was a *****, then a long walk to the stadium. As we were walking toward campus I noticed most of the bars along the way were packed solid and people were spilling out into the parking lot. I asked why they weren't headed toward the arena. My friend told me that they wouldn't be going to the stadium, most of them tailgate and then go to a bar to watch the game because they couldn't get a ticket. Most people who go to the games park off campus and must walk much farther to the game than any Tiger fan at Liberty Stadium. Fortunately Camp Randall Stadium is on the perimeter of the campus so it might as well be off the campus and it is not necessary to walk across the campus. The Badgers lost but the excitement in the Stadium was Palpable.

The reason Liberty Stadium isn't exciting for most games is not because it is too big or because it is off campus. It is because there aren't enough butts in the seats. Face it there aren't enough fans and many of the people who are fans really don't like the program or the inconvenience of supporting it. Amazing if the Tigers do get into a P5 conference prices will at least double, but the convenience of attending at Liberty Stadium will probably still not be enough to bring some of you out to the game. I don't get it. I am not saying you should go to the games so don't take offense because you can choose to spend your money however you want. I just don't know why you come on this board if you don't want to go to the games.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2022 06:06 PM by Keeper.)
06-29-2022 05:57 PM
Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
(06-29-2022 05:57 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Went up to Madison Wisconsin last season, and went to a Badger game. My friend tailgates with many other friends and parking was a *****, then a long walk to the stadium. As we were walking toward campus I noticed most of the bars along the way were packed solid and people were spilling out into the parking lot. I asked why they weren't headed toward the arena. My friend told me that they wouldn't be going to the stadium, most of them tailgate and then go to a bar to watch the game because they couldn't get a ticket. Most people who go to the games park off campus and must walk much farther to the game than any Tiger fan at Liberty Stadium. Fortunately Camp Randall Stadium is on the perimeter of the campus so it might as well be off the campus and it is not necessary to walk across the campus. The Badgers lost but the excitement in the Stadium was Palpable.

The reason Liberty Stadium isn't exciting for most games is not because it is too big or because it is off campus. It is because there aren't enough butts in the seats. Face it there aren't enough fans and many of the people who are fans really don't like the program or the inconvenience of supporting it. Amazing if the Tigers do get into a P5 conference prices will at least double, but the convenience of attending at Liberty Stadium will probably still not be enough to bring some of you out to the game. I don't get it. I am not saying you should go to the games so don't take offense because you can choose to spend your money however you want. I just don't know why you come on this board if you don't want to go to the games.

Wisconsin has some of the best tailgating in the country. It’s an event in and of itself. As for us, stick 40,000 fans in a 58,000 seat stadium and there appears to be a lack of interest. Put those same 40,000 fans in a 40,000 seat stadium and suddenly it appears the opposite is true. The Liberty Bowl is too big for our fan base. It would be too big for many fan bases.
06-30-2022 12:05 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(06-29-2022 05:57 PM)Keeper Wrote:  Went up to Madison Wisconsin last season, and went to a Badger game. My friend tailgates with many other friends and parking was a *****, then a long walk to the stadium. As we were walking toward campus I noticed most of the bars along the way were packed solid and people were spilling out into the parking lot. I asked why they weren't headed toward the arena. My friend told me that they wouldn't be going to the stadium, most of them tailgate and then go to a bar to watch the game because they couldn't get a ticket. Most people who go to the games park off campus and must walk much farther to the game than any Tiger fan at Liberty Stadium. Fortunately Camp Randall Stadium is on the perimeter of the campus so it might as well be off the campus and it is not necessary to walk across the campus. The Badgers lost but the excitement in the Stadium was Palpable.

Did you Jump Around?
06-30-2022 12:20 PM
Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

(06-22-2022 06:55 AM)hk25 Wrote:  FYI, on the topic of cheap tickets.
If you are considering supporting the Tigers in the season opener @ Starkville, MSU currently has a promotion where you can get 4 tickets & a parking pass for $59. Basically the same price as UM 4 Kroger tickets + parking for home opener with Ark St.

This price increases to $69 in July & $79 in August.

I do not currently see a link for away game tickets on GTG, although I do remember having the option to request tickets to that game during the season ticket renewal process.

i was looking for some more tickets to the msu game, but
our ticket office would never answer the phone

so i bought the 4 thru the state site

but they are even cheaper on stubhub
07-01-2022 02:12 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs

It's really none of your business so STFU.
07-01-2022 03:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.