Bookmark and Share
BERT56 Offline
Resident Slappy

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
RE: Solid Weekend at our Camps
(06-20-2022 06:49 PM)Keeper Wrote:  
(06-14-2022 10:47 AM)tigerlands Wrote:  
(06-13-2022 10:13 PM)BERT56 Wrote:  
(06-13-2022 08:52 PM)Keeper Wrote:  IMO the two most important commitments so far are the Offensive Linemen, and both of them are unrated so far. If there is anywhere CRS has demonstrated excellence it is in recruiting. I trust these two players are quality recruits.

Let’s not forget that David Diehl is on staff now as an analyst. He probably helped evaluate these OL’men and I bet he’ll have a hand in developing them.

I'm really excited about Diehl being on the Tiger staff. We need our OL to be better than it has been.

Better than it has been since Silverfield moved up from OL coach to head coach?

Henderson, Pollard, Gainwell, Taylor and Gibson all made our OL look way better than it was. They all had that burst that helped hit the hole a split second quicker and could cut back and make something out of nothing. Not saying the OL was bad at all. Just easier when you don't have to sustain blocks as long for a back to get through. There's a reason those guys are playin on Sundays.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2022 08:03 AM by BERT56.)
06-21-2022 08:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Solid Weekend at our Camps
(06-21-2022 08:01 AM)BERT56 Wrote:  
(06-20-2022 06:49 PM)Keeper Wrote:  
(06-14-2022 10:47 AM)tigerlands Wrote:  
(06-13-2022 10:13 PM)BERT56 Wrote:  
(06-13-2022 08:52 PM)Keeper Wrote:  IMO the two most important commitments so far are the Offensive Linemen, and both of them are unrated so far. If there is anywhere CRS has demonstrated excellence it is in recruiting. I trust these two players are quality recruits.

Let’s not forget that David Diehl is on staff now as an analyst. He probably helped evaluate these OL’men and I bet he’ll have a hand in developing them.

I'm really excited about Diehl being on the Tiger staff. We need our OL to be better than it has been.

Better than it has been since Silverfield moved up from OL coach to head coach?

Henderson, Pollard, Gainwell, Taylor and Gibson all made our OL look way better than it was. They all had that burst that helped hit the hole a split second quicker and could cut back and make something out of nothing. Not saying the OL was bad at all. Just easier when you don't have to sustain blocks as long for a back to get through. There's a reason those guys are playin on Sundays.

The difference is exponential if you plug our 2021 running backs into the 2017-2019 seasons. Our current group is good, but it isn't fair that they are being compared to arguably ALL of our best running backs in the last 30 years, along with DeAngelo. Pollard and Taylor couldn't even get the touches they needed.

Again, not a knock on anyone, but Henderson, Gibson and Gainwell regularly turned 5 yard runs by Rodriguez Clark into touchdowns of 60+ yards.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2022 02:23 PM by Stammers.)
06-21-2022 02:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.