Bookmark and Share
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Memphis Tiger Nation Is Tired
(06-25-2022 05:56 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  
(06-25-2022 05:45 PM)bluecrew Wrote:  
(06-25-2022 09:37 AM)bigbob Wrote:  
(06-10-2022 03:33 PM)bluecrew Wrote:  The Big 12 decision killed the program. It might take awhile to actually die, but the blow was fatal. Unless a miracle happens in the next 24 months or so, it’ll be time to turn out the lights.

What metrics sustain your opinion/conclusion?

The program is riding the best sustained success in history, has been deemed a Top 25 program over the past 7-8 years, and is widely projected to be on the listing of P programs when alignment is completed

Why? There will be 5 conferences of 16 teams to assure enough scheduling to play a 12 game schedule. TV eyeballs/money dictates this….and not petty jealousies and sentiments.

Memphis will be in that 80 programs.

If you feel that way, find some other outlets for your pessimism because it serves no purpose here.

I love the “find some other team” crowd. I’ve supported the Tigers since the early 80’s, so how about you go #%*# yourself, azzhole?

^^THIS^^---me--early 70's --late 60's really

Yep, I was a "Tiger Cub" beginning in '57. That gives me about 65 yrs as a Tiger fan. Lots of ups & downs....
06-25-2022 09:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(06-12-2022 01:40 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(06-12-2022 01:00 PM)ImaTiger Wrote:  Tiger Athletics is surging. Our future is bright. We missed by a hair getting into an equity conf. We will be in one sooner or later. Our school continues to grow and achieve. Go Tigers! I enjoy reading about the Univ everyday.

But

This board is dying and probably needs a rest. My feeling is this is the longest its gone under one 'regime'. Not sure how it gets fixed. The conversation tone on this board reflects the current societal 'Gap' in our country and the general degradation and lack of civility between individuals. Leaving our admins; who have noble and good intentions; the only option of taking the heavy handed approach of suspending or banning posters and re-organizing threads incessantly as the only way to deal with posters who have come here to demean, insult and bait vs inform, debate and promote public discourse.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/201...an-public/

I read an article from the Atlantic proposing a method to policing social media. The gist of the article is that groups managing smaller segments of the conversation can regulate better than AI or a few minds (people) on the same topic. Maybe there is a message for the board in here somewhere. I leave it to our bright admins. Good Luck.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/a...ia/629951/

When I first started reading/posting here again, my first observation was that it appears to be a bunch of people yelling at each other. If I take a two week break, I notice that again. It’s like a big game of one-upmanship. Not always, but often.

On the otter hand… I try really hard to not insult other posters (other than joking around), or waste time responding to the same. I’ve got no time for that, but maybe I don’t try hard as I used to. Some of you make it damn near impossible.

Shut up old man. Don't get yourself too worked up.
06-26-2022 09:03 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(06-25-2022 05:45 PM)bluecrew Wrote:  
(06-25-2022 09:37 AM)bigbob Wrote:  
(06-10-2022 03:33 PM)bluecrew Wrote:  The Big 12 decision killed the program. It might take awhile to actually die, but the blow was fatal. Unless a miracle happens in the next 24 months or so, it’ll be time to turn out the lights.

What metrics sustain your opinion/conclusion?

The program is riding the best sustained success in history, has been deemed a Top 25 program over the past 7-8 years, and is widely projected to be on the listing of P programs when alignment is completed

Why? There will be 5 conferences of 16 teams to assure enough scheduling to play a 12 game schedule. TV eyeballs/money dictates this….and not petty jealousies and sentiments.

Memphis will be in that 80 programs.

If you feel that way, find some other outlets for your pessimism because it serves no purpose here.

I love the “find some other team” crowd. I’ve supported the Tigers since the early 80’s, so how about you go #%*# yourself, azzhole?

[Image: HZYC.gif]
06-26-2022 05:34 PM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
(06-26-2022 09:03 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(06-12-2022 01:40 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(06-12-2022 01:00 PM)ImaTiger Wrote:  Tiger Athletics is surging. Our future is bright. We missed by a hair getting into an equity conf. We will be in one sooner or later. Our school continues to grow and achieve. Go Tigers! I enjoy reading about the Univ everyday.

But

This board is dying and probably needs a rest. My feeling is this is the longest its gone under one 'regime'. Not sure how it gets fixed. The conversation tone on this board reflects the current societal 'Gap' in our country and the general degradation and lack of civility between individuals. Leaving our admins; who have noble and good intentions; the only option of taking the heavy handed approach of suspending or banning posters and re-organizing threads incessantly as the only way to deal with posters who have come here to demean, insult and bait vs inform, debate and promote public discourse.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/201...an-public/

I read an article from the Atlantic proposing a method to policing social media. The gist of the article is that groups managing smaller segments of the conversation can regulate better than AI or a few minds (people) on the same topic. Maybe there is a message for the board in here somewhere. I leave it to our bright admins. Good Luck.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/a...ia/629951/

When I first started reading/posting here again, my first observation was that it appears to be a bunch of people yelling at each other. If I take a two week break, I notice that again. It’s like a big game of one-upmanship. Not always, but often.

On the otter hand… I try really hard to not insult other posters (other than joking around), or waste time responding to the same. I’ve got no time for that, but maybe I don’t try hard as I used to. Some of you make it damn near impossible.

Shut up old man. Don't get yourself too worked up.

He can't help it. His dope man is on vacation.
06-27-2022 08:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.