UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB Football TV Schedule and Kick Times Announced
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation UAB Football TV Schedule and Kick Times Announced
https://uabsports.com/news/2022/5/26/uab...unced.aspx

I really wish UAB would stop running from Alabama and Auburn games by playing all of their games(except AAMU) in the afternoon!!! I would really like some Sat night games at Progressive Stadium for the atmosphere alone. And my wife avoids early season games because its so hot, particularly on the east side where my tickets are.

UAB Football TV Schedule (all times central):
Sept. 1 – Alabama A&M – 7 p.m. – CBS Sports Network
Sept. 10 – at Liberty – 5 p.m. – ESPN+
Sept. 17 – Georgia Southern – 2:30 p.m. – Stadium
Oct. 1 – at Rice – 6:30 p.m. – ESPN+
Oct. 8 – Middle Tennessee – 2:30 p.m. – Stadium
Oct. 15 – Charlotte – 2:30 p.m. – Stadium
Oct. 21 – at WKU – 7 p.m. – CBS Sports Network
Oct. 29 – at Florida Atlantic – 6 p.m. – CBS Sports Network
Nov. 5 – UTSA – 2:30 p.m. – Stadium
Nov. 12 – North Texas – 2:30 p.m. – Stadium
Nov. 19 – at LSU – TBA – TBA
Nov. 26 – at Louisiana Tech – 2:30 p.m. – CBS Sports Network

[Image: FTtM9qBXoAAJXF_?format=jpg&name=small]
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2022 02:06 PM by WesternBlazer.)
05-26-2022 01:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
RE: UAB Football TV Schedule and Kick Times Announced
(05-26-2022 01:47 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  https://uabsports.com/news/2022/5/26/uab...unced.aspx

I really wish UAB would stop running from Alabama and Auburn games by playing all of their games(except AAMU) in the afternoon!!! I would really like some Sat night games at Progressive Stadium for the atmosphere alone. And my wife avoids early season games because its so hot, particularly on the east side where my tickets are.

Yep, at some point we have to condition our fans to just go to our games regardless of Bama/Auburn game times. Cause like you, I’d rather see more Saturday night games.
05-26-2022 01:55 PM
bamabhoy Offline
Bench Warmer

Well they aren't running on Oct. 8, because that Alabama Texas A&M game will be at 2:30, in Tuscaloosa, more than likely. But I do agree, I wish UAB played more night games at home regardless of what other in state teams were doing. Does this have anything to do with Stadium? Seems all of their games are at 2:30.
05-26-2022 02:14 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-26-2022 02:14 PM)bamabhoy Wrote:  Well they aren't running on Oct. 8, because that Alabama Texas A&M game will be at 2:30, in Tuscaloosa, more than likely. But I do agree, I wish UAB played more night games at home regardless of what other in state teams were doing. Does this have anything to do with Stadium? Seems all of their games are at 2:30.

I suspect the Oct 8 Auburn-Georgia game will be in prime time...
05-26-2022 02:18 PM
kdblazer Offline
All American

(05-26-2022 01:47 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  https://uabsports.com/news/2022/5/26/uab...unced.aspx

[Image: FTtM9qBXoAAJXF_?format=jpg&name=small]
Amen brother we were thoroughly cooked last season during the first few home games on the eastside but the last game was perfect for the eastside of the stadium. I nearly froze my butt off on the westside and chose to come back to the east during the game.
05-26-2022 02:29 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I don't mind the 2:30 kicks, especially in October and November. The only one I wish I could change to a night game is Sept 17th.
05-26-2022 02:37 PM
Advertisement

kdblazer Offline
All American

(05-26-2022 02:14 PM)bamabhoy Wrote:  Well they aren't running on Oct. 8, because that Alabama Texas A&M game will be at 2:30, in Tuscaloosa, more than likely. But I do agree, I wish UAB played more night games at home regardless of what other in state teams were doing. Does this have anything to do with Stadium? Seems all of their games are at 2:30.
It shouldn't have anything to do with stadium because it's UaB's stadium so it has to be in the vein of trying to schedule times optimally.
05-26-2022 02:49 PM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
The conference set all these game times in conjunction with the tv partners. UAB had little say and being on the way out they did us no favors. Of course, they rarely did favors to begin with.

If UAB was setting the game times, we would only know the first 1 or 2 while they waited for SEC times to release.
05-26-2022 02:57 PM
bamabhoy Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-26-2022 02:49 PM)kdblazer Wrote:  
It shouldn't have anything to do with stadium because it's UaB's stadium so it has to be in the vein of trying to schedule times optimally.

Sorry, I meant Stadium the "channel" we are playing on.
05-26-2022 03:08 PM
BlazerDave Offline
1st String

https://www.al.com/uab/2022/05/kickoff-t...games.html

All Stadium games are home games!
05-26-2022 03:13 PM
kdblazer Offline
All American

(05-26-2022 03:08 PM)bamabhoy Wrote:  
(05-26-2022 02:49 PM)kdblazer Wrote:  

Sorry, I meant Stadium the "channel" we are playing on.
I didn't even think about that until I looked a schedule little closer. So my it's
my mistake...your good.04-cheers
05-26-2022 04:24 PM
Advertisement

C-Finder Offline
All American

Hopefully some home games on Stadium channel will appear on my68
05-26-2022 04:36 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(05-26-2022 04:36 PM)C-Finder Wrote:  Hopefully some home games on Stadium channel will appear on my68

You don't live in the Birmingham/Jefferson County area?
05-26-2022 04:51 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

(05-26-2022 04:51 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(05-26-2022 04:36 PM)C-Finder Wrote:  Hopefully some home games on Stadium channel will appear on my68

I live in Birmingham, but most people around here don't know about Stadium channel compared to ESPN,Fox and CBS. It would be nice to show it on my68 again like the game against North Texas in 2009.

I remembered we won our first division championship on the dreaded BEin network (which was 03-puke)
05-26-2022 07:19 PM
BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(05-26-2022 07:19 PM)C-Finder Wrote:  

I live in Birmingham, but most people around here don't know about Stadium channel compared to ESPN,Fox and CBS. It would be nice to show it on my68 again like the game against North Texas in 2009.

I remembered we won our first division championship on the dreaded BEin network (which was 03-puke)

I felt like BeIn took the CUSA games more seriously than pretty much any of the places that have had our games. They always had a pregame show that talked about the upcoming game, announcers that just focused on the game and not whatever SEC games were being played that day, and a halftime show where the studio guys actually talked about what had happened in the first half complete with highlights.

They treated the games like they mattered.
05-26-2022 10:10 PM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
(05-26-2022 10:10 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  

I felt like BeIn took the CUSA games more seriously than pretty much any of the places that have had our games. They always had a pregame show that talked about the upcoming game, announcers that just focused on the game and not whatever SEC games were being played that day, and a halftime show where the studio guys actually talked about what had happened in the first half complete with highlights.

I was gonna say, I actually BeIn as well. That and NFL Network were probably the two best outlets we had.
05-26-2022 11:04 PM
Advertisement

Auburn_Blazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: Auburn & UAB
(05-26-2022 02:57 PM)blazerjay Wrote:  The conference set all these game times in conjunction with the tv partners. UAB had little say and being on the way out they did us no favors. Of course, they rarely did favors to begin with.

If UAB was setting the game times, we would only know the first 1 or 2 while they waited for SEC times to release.

This is what I figured as well. Having recently looked at Auburn & UAB's schedules side-by-side I'm very excited with how well they match up. The only game that there's any real overlap is UAB-Georgia Southern and Auburn-Penn State, which is a major bummer as I planned on going to both games.

Can't wait for football season.
05-27-2022 09:11 AM
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
As the years have gone by, I've gotten to like the day games more. A night kick puts us breaking down the tailgate at 10:00 and getting home at midnight. The mid-afternoon kicks, setup tailgate at a decent hour, lunchtime eating, breaking down around 8ish, can either go out for a drink or get home at a decent time. I'm just glad to not see 11:00 or noon kicks. I effing hate those.
05-27-2022 11:16 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
(05-26-2022 10:10 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  

This!

04-cheers
05-27-2022 12:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

[Image: FY3ZpPpXwAAcMxy?format=jpg&name=small]
07-29-2022 08:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.