Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

FB adding former tOSU (via Whitehaven) CorMontae Hamilton
Bookmark and Share
Tigerx3 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: FB adding former tOSU (via Whitehaven) CorMontae Hamilton
(04-26-2022 01:01 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  So is Hamilton coming in as a defensive player... or as a TE?
We have a shortage of quality TEs right now no?
He's be an upgrade there.
Just wondering.

No. 8-9 TE on the roster for the fall. Not impossible TE but likely DL.
04-26-2022 08:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EastMemphisTiger1 Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-26-2022 08:15 AM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  
(04-26-2022 01:01 AM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  So is Hamilton coming in as a defensive player... or as a TE?
Just wondering.

he played TE and DE in high school. Went to OSU as a DE. Wants to play TE here, but he would have his work cut out for him. Prieskorn will be the #1 guy. Hassell and Landphere will split times at backup TE for blocking purposes. no one else is in play at TE.
04-26-2022 09:11 AM
BERT56 Offline
Resident Slappy

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(04-26-2022 09:11 AM)EastMemphisTiger1 Wrote:  
Just wondering.

he played TE and DE in high school. Went to OSU as a DE. Wants to play TE here, but he would have his work cut out for him. Prieskorn will be the #1 guy. Hassell and Landphere will split times at backup TE for blocking purposes. no one else is in play at TE.

Landphere has a chance to be the main TE by fall. He's big and can move fairly well for his size. Coaches told me that a full summer in the weight room and working with QB's and he could be REALLY good. Think poor man's Pat Friermuth.
04-26-2022 09:47 AM
tigers18 Offline
Bench Warmer

In addition to Hamilton we added Kamren Washington a defensive tackle from Sam Houston State. He was the WAC freshman of the year last year. He looks a little undersized, but you can tell from his highlights that he is quick and has some dog in him. He reminds me of Joseph Dorceus. No offense to Hamilton, but we have struck out lately on the P5 transfers especially the local kids. Hopefully he will contribute and add depth.
04-26-2022 10:39 AM
BERT56 Offline
Resident Slappy

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(04-26-2022 10:39 AM)tigers18 Wrote:  In addition to Hamilton we added Kamren Washington a defensive tackle from Sam Houston State. He was the WAC freshman of the year last year. He looks a little undersized, but you can tell from his highlights that he is quick and has some dog in him. He reminds me of Joseph Dorceus. No offense to Hamilton, but we have struck out lately on the P5 transfers especially the local kids. Hopefully he will contribute and add depth.

Drew Martin also moved from TE to DE midway through camp and is running w 1's and 2's to get acclimated. Add Jeremy Tate leaving and not sure the situation with Errington McCrae. Didn't see much of him this spring.
04-26-2022 10:58 AM
tigers18 Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-26-2022 10:58 AM)BERT56 Wrote:  
(04-26-2022 10:39 AM)tigers18 Wrote:  In addition to Hamilton we added Kamren Washington a defensive tackle from Sam Houston State. He was the WAC freshman of the year last year. He looks a little undersized, but you can tell from his highlights that he is quick and has some dog in him. He reminds me of Joseph Dorceus. No offense to Hamilton, but we have struck out lately on the P5 transfers especially the local kids. Hopefully he will contribute and add depth.

Drew Martin also moved from TE to DE midway through camp and is running w 1's and 2's to get acclimated. Add Jeremy Tate leaving and not sure the situation with Errington McCrae. Didn't see much of him this spring.

That's interesting that Martin moved to DE. Maybe that will offset the loss of Mashburn. I feel like barring injury we are in good shape at TE with Landphere, Prieksorn, and Hassel. I know the coaches were high on McRae when we signed him. Maybe that knee injury really set him back?
04-26-2022 11:31 AM
Bench Warmer

(04-26-2022 09:47 AM)BERT56 Wrote:  
(04-26-2022 09:11 AM)EastMemphisTiger1 Wrote:  
Just wondering.

Landphere has a chance to be the main TE by fall. He's big and can move fairly well for his size. Coaches told me that a full summer in the weight room and working with QB's and he could be REALLY good. Think poor man's Pat Friermuth.
I like Landphere. I think he looks the part. I give the nod to Prieskorn only because hes on year 3 and has a feel for the program unlike Landphere who is new to memphis. Landphere is BIG i think they will rely on him in pass plays where he pretends to block then slips out into the flats
04-26-2022 12:05 PM
Bench Warmer

(04-26-2022 11:31 AM)tigers18 Wrote:  
(04-26-2022 10:58 AM)BERT56 Wrote:  

That's interesting that Martin moved to DE. Maybe that will offset the loss of Mashburn. I feel like barring injury we are in good shape at TE with Landphere, Prieksorn, and Hassel. I know the coaches were high on McRae when we signed him. Maybe that knee injury really set him back?

yeah i think theyre slow to bring him back after the ACL tear
04-26-2022 12:22 PM
Bench Warmer

Joe Doyle was fine as a p5 transfer but yeah generally they have been humbled when they get here. Pope doesnt care about DL size. Brockington is probably about to start at 265
04-26-2022 12:24 PM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
Article from yesterday, sounds like he's doing well on D.

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/s...253898002/
08-22-2022 09:35 AM
southpaw1 Online
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails
(08-22-2022 09:35 AM)poppaslaw Wrote:  Article from yesterday, sounds like he's doing well on D.

It appears this is why a couple of DL have jumped into the portal during camp. We have gotten better up front with guys like Hamilton and Jackson.
08-22-2022 09:59 AM
MemphisFootballFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(08-22-2022 09:59 AM)southpaw1 Wrote:  
(08-22-2022 09:35 AM)poppaslaw Wrote:  Article from yesterday, sounds like he's doing well on D.

It appears this is why a couple of DL have jumped into the portal during camp. We have gotten better up front with guys like Hamilton and Jackson.

I've also seen very good things about Zy Brockington.
08-22-2022 10:12 AM
ballhog Online
All American

(08-22-2022 09:59 AM)southpaw1 Wrote:  

Sometimes people transferring out is a bad sign. I'm thinking you are right, and maybe this is a good sign.
08-22-2022 10:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.