VCD?
08-06-2022 01:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Older and Older Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
RE: Basketball Offseason
(08-05-2022 08:32 PM)bopol Wrote:  
(08-05-2022 04:13 PM)Older and Older Wrote:  Won’t happen Davey and Kent State have history going way back.
Not the place for this forum but always heard a former CEO of Davey had a falling out with KSU.

Similarly after Thurman Munsons death , Steinbrenner approached KSU about building Kent a new baseball stadium to honor #15. Brage Golding then KSU President and not a sports fan offended George. George was a blowhard but very generous to causes he believed in. ( Huge benefactor of OSU marching band ) George walked and that was that. BTW Golding is also one of two KSU presidents with nothing named in their honor.

History not on the side of KSU when it comes ti big donors.
New business buikding hopefully breaks that mold. Time will tell

I'd like to know more about the Davey Tree/Kent falling out. Maybe we could do a podcast on Kent's greatest mistakes. The Steinbrenner thing is just sad - the stadium is nice now but took a long time to get there.

Welp, it's up to us, guys. Collect a few hundreds bucks and we can name Dix Stadium the "College Sports Network Stadium brought to you by FlashFanatics.com".

Oh, and basketball...go Flashes. And no cell phones in the lockerroom this year.

Really like both ideas. Naming stadium and no cell phones. Give the man a cigar !!
08-06-2022 04:34 PM
anti-zip Online
All American

I Root For: kent state!
I only watched the first half but in the 1st quarter Jacobs got hurt on a breakaway dunk. The camera was slow in transition so it was tough to see what happened but it looked like he fell after landing. He walked off but was holding his face and I didn't see him return (again only watched the first half). Looked like the gym's wall was pretty close to the court. Hopefully he's alright. When Sendy was walking back to the bench it looked like the other team's coach said something to him (probably asking if Jacobs was ok) and he pointed to his face. Since he was walking fine probably not something that would impact the season, but unfortunate anyways.

Also, I didn't see Odusipe in the first half. Hornbeak was the first big off the bench followed by Gillespie, but that doesn't mean much if Odusipe was absent for some reason.
08-06-2022 09:52 PM
cschierh Offline
1st String

(08-06-2022 09:52 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  I only watched the first half but in the 1st quarter Jacobs got hurt on a breakaway dunk. The camera was slow in transition so it was tough to see what happened but it looked like he fell after landing. He walked off but was holding his face and I didn't see him return (again only watched the first half). Looked like the gym's wall was pretty close to the court. Hopefully he's alright. When Sendy was walking back to the bench it looked like the other team's coach said something to him (probably asking if Jacobs was ok) and he pointed to his face. Since he was walking fine probably not something that would impact the season, but unfortunate anyways.

Also, I didn't see Odusipe in the first half. Hornbeak was the first big off the bench followed by Gillespie, but that doesn't mean much if Odusipe was absent for some reason.

Odusipe had off-season surgery, Sendy said in Alan Moff’s preview on the Australian trip.
08-06-2022 10:15 PM
delflash Online
2nd String

08-08-2022 01:32 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Nothing on VCD?
08-08-2022 02:36 PM
ksur1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: kent state
Who’s wearing #22 for the Flashes?
08-08-2022 03:11 PM
anti-zip Online
All American

(08-08-2022 03:11 PM)ksur1 Wrote:  Who’s wearing #22 for the Flashes?

Pretty sure (based on the hair) that's Gillespie. He's listed as #23 on the roster but some other guy were wearing different numbers in that game. I think VCD was wearing 30, Payton 31, and Moss 20. All listed differently on the roster.
08-08-2022 05:39 PM
ksur1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: kent state
(08-08-2022 05:39 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  
(08-08-2022 03:11 PM)ksur1 Wrote:  Who’s wearing #22 for the Flashes?

Pretty sure (based on the hair) that's Gillespie. He's listed as #23 on the roster but some other guy were wearing different numbers in that game. I think VCD was wearing 30, Payton 31, and Moss 20. All listed differently on the roster.

I guess that explains the missing VCD.
08-08-2022 06:29 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Are the Golden Flashes looking good Down Under?
08-08-2022 07:46 PM
anti-zip Online
All American

(08-08-2022 02:36 PM)axeme Wrote:  Nothing on VCD?

According to the Twitter account, VCD has 11 of our first 38 points in the last game. Didn't say what he finished with. Moss finished with 18.
08-10-2022 07:40 PM
cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
(08-10-2022 07:40 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  
(08-08-2022 02:36 PM)axeme Wrote:  Nothing on VCD?

According to the Twitter account, VCD has 11 of our first 38 points in the last game. Didn't say what he finished with. Moss finished with 18.

Did anybody see the schedule was released ... at HOUSTON and at GONZAGA. That's two potential/likely Final Four teams.

Also at Cleveland State ... thought that was going to be a home game???

BTW ... didn't get the return dates for Houston or Gonzaga??? (LOL)
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2022 06:52 PM by cleveland.)
09-07-2022 06:51 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
The only way we get a return date is if we schedule a double header that night: Gonzaga vs Houston and KSU vs Walsh or Hiram.
09-07-2022 07:25 PM
anti-zip Online
All American

Looked at the roster today. A couple new names showed up. One is 6'7" redshirt junior Robert Carpenter. He played last year at Mississippi Valley State and averaged 17.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg, and 1.1 bpg in 12 games only shooting 39% from the floor though. Seems like a pretty interesting player to appear on the roster without anything in the media about it (at least as far as I've seen).
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/pla...ter-2.html
https://kentstatesports.com/sports/mens-...nter/13296

The other is 6'9" freshman London Maiden from the Cleveland area. Looks like he averaged a double double on the D4 State Championship team last year.
https://kentstatesports.com/sports/mens-...iden/13297

Including 6'9" Freshman walk-on Magnus Entenmann a lot of size seems to have unexpectedly showed up over the summer.
09-07-2022 09:40 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(09-07-2022 09:40 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  Looked at the roster today. A couple new names showed up. One is 6'7" redshirt junior Robert Carpenter. He played last year at Mississippi Valley State and averaged 17.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg, and 1.1 bpg in 12 games only shooting 39% from the floor though. Seems like a pretty interesting player to appear on the roster without anything in the media about it (at least as far as I've seen).
Looks like his 6th program in 6 years, and had some big games at MVSU yet only played a few backup minutes in 5 games at a CC. Will he be on the roster by seasons end?

High school:
Cornerstone High in Detroit, Michigan
Mt. Zion in Lanham, Maryland,

College:
St. Bonaventure (15 games)
Pearl River CC (5 games)
Mississippi Valley State (12 games)
Kent State
09-08-2022 06:42 AM
cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
(09-08-2022 06:42 AM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  
(09-07-2022 09:40 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  Looked at the roster today. A couple new names showed up. One is 6'7" redshirt junior Robert Carpenter. He played last year at Mississippi Valley State and averaged 17.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg, and 1.1 bpg in 12 games only shooting 39% from the floor though. Seems like a pretty interesting player to appear on the roster without anything in the media about it (at least as far as I've seen).
Looks like his 6th program in 6 years, and had some big games at MVSU yet only played a few backup minutes in 5 games at a CC. Will he be on the roster by seasons end?

High school:

College:
Pearl River CC (5 games)
Kent State

That Richmond Heights team was a really good team in suburban Cleveland last year, but I never got to see them. From what I understand they had several players with college potential but grades were suspect for most of them. Overall, however, the number of bigs reminds me of Jim Christians first team which had a lot of size to develop w/JEdwards being the best of the bunch.

We'll see what develops here but at least there is some true competition with Sendy-Christian-Sullinger all having a rep for developing big guys.
09-08-2022 04:05 PM
anti-zip Online
All American

(09-08-2022 04:05 PM)cleveland Wrote:  
(09-08-2022 06:42 AM)Polish Hammer Wrote:  

High school:

College:
Pearl River CC (5 games)
Kent State

That Richmond Heights team was a really good team in suburban Cleveland last year, but I never got to see them. From what I understand they had several players with college potential but grades were suspect for most of them. Overall, however, the number of bigs reminds me of Jim Christians first team which had a lot of size to develop w/JEdwards being the best of the bunch.

We'll see what develops here but at least there is some true competition with Sendy-Christian-Sullinger all having a rep for developing big guys.

Richmond had academic issues? Coach Carter must've retired or he'd lock the gym.
09-08-2022 09:08 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Coach Carter doubled down immediately if the ball entered the post and didn’t allow a team that wore maroon uniforms to wear green shoes.

How dare he?
09-12-2022 08:04 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Let's see if Rob can pull the miracle.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jayden-Quai...-46131379/
09-29-2022 11:27 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
Making us all feeling a bit older; I figured reading that name meant one thing but still didn’t want to believe it. Damn, time flies!

Quote: A Cleveland native, Quaintance is the son of Haminn Quaintance, a former G-League and Overseas professional basketball player who spent his college days playing for Jacksonville and Kent State.

“2025 Jayden Quaintance showed immense upside in #MSHTVCamp Showcase Game,” SLAM Magazine’s Rodger Bohn said about Quaintance. “Elite agility, outstanding range defensively, and is rapidly developing facing the basket. Package of size, skill, and mobility is unmatched in Ohio ’25 class.”

In addition to Quaintance, Pitt has offered four other prospects in the 2025 class: Alier Maluk, Meleek Thomas, Darryn Peterson, and RJ Greer.
09-30-2022 05:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.