gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater
RE: Liberty Bowl Stadium
(05-19-2022 11:17 AM)jsw3ent Wrote:  
(05-19-2022 08:00 AM)Claw Wrote:  
(05-19-2022 07:15 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(05-18-2022 05:09 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(05-18-2022 03:28 PM)poppaslaw Wrote:  Hijacked because I gave an example of a handicapable person at the Liberty bowl? Sure thing buddy.

Fall of ‘22. F199. You and me. 15 yd dash. We’ll see who’s handicrapped.

I'll spot you 7 yards and let you use your motorized wheelchair.
You two are going to do this while chugging a beer, right?

COMMUNIST style ?

If chugging beer is communist then those commies FINALLY got SOMETHING right!
05-19-2022 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unionman76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
maybe the liberty bowl should be adjusted for cricket

get some of that indian money

https://dailymemphian.com/section/busine...-expansion
05-19-2022 11:23 AM
poppaslaw Offline
Social Credit Score - 0

I Root For: CHY-NAH

Donators
(05-18-2022 05:09 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(05-18-2022 03:28 PM)poppaslaw Wrote:  
(05-18-2022 12:02 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(05-18-2022 11:51 AM)Claw Wrote:  Sorry for the hijack.

There was a thread on this in the College Sports and Conference Realignment board.

That made our challenges come to mind.

poppasquatch hijacked it, not you. They all get hijacked eventually.

Hijacked because I gave an example of a handicapable person at the Liberty bowl? Sure thing buddy.

Fall of ‘22. F199. You and me. 15 yd dash. We’ll see who’s handicrapped.

No no, he's not allowed on that thing when he's 10 gummies deep.
05-19-2022 11:43 AM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
(05-19-2022 11:19 AM)gusrob Wrote:  
(05-18-2022 05:09 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  Fall of ‘22. F199. You and me. 15 yd dash. We’ll see who’s handicrapped.

COMMUNIST style ?

No no LOL---I call the evil empire to the east the COMMUNIST----that orange team----remember how they chugged beer there 03-puke
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2022 02:20 PM by jsw3ent.)
05-19-2022 12:56 PM
gusrob Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS - My Alma Mater
(05-19-2022 12:56 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  
(05-19-2022 07:15 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  I'll spot you 7 yards and let you use your motorized wheelchair.

COMMUNIST style ?

No no LOL---I call the evil empire to the west the COMMUNIST----that orange team----remember how they chugged beer there 03-puke

AH! Nice! LOL 03-lmfao 04-cheers

Edit: Assuming you mean the vowels out east.....exit only.....
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2022 01:30 PM by gusrob.)
05-19-2022 01:24 PM
jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
(05-19-2022 01:24 PM)gusrob Wrote:  
(05-19-2022 12:56 PM)jsw3ent Wrote:  
(05-19-2022 08:00 AM)Claw Wrote:  You two are going to do this while chugging a beer, right?

COMMUNIST style ?

No no LOL---I call the evil empire to the west the COMMUNIST----that orange team----remember how they chugged beer there 03-puke

AH! Nice! LOL 03-lmfao 04-cheers

Edit: Assuming you mean the vowels out east.....exit only.....

Yes I did--thank you
05-19-2022 02:25 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Listened to a joint interview with Stickland/Hardgrave and 2 other interviews with Veatch...

CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT
They were all pretty adamant that they are trying to get something done by 2025. They all mentioned conference alignment and positioning for big-time football for the future, etc. Big 12 was mentioned by name by Hardgrave, then he quickly said "or whoever" might come looking at us.

ON CAMPUS STADIUM
Veatch made a point to say the OCS was looked at very closely and very seriously. And he said - contrary to what many say here - that it is feasible. The problem is that additional land would have to be purchased and there would be demolition involved - both of which would approximately double the costs and would extend the timeline way past 2025. He made the point that in the end, with costs and timing - this is the best option. GP asked if Veatch wished one of his predecessors had done the OCS thing a decade ago, and Veatch laughed in basic agreement.

MISC
Veatch said that ideally, capacity would be in the low 40's. But with this project - due to current configuraton, the bowl game, possibility of future growth - capacity will be 50ish.

GP and Veatch (I think it was) talked concert venues a bit. They said one of the limiting factors to stadium concerts in Memphis (besides Nashville becoming a default stop on tour) is that equipment trucks have gotten bigger with bigger show setups these days. And they can no longer fit through the LBMS north tunnel with equipment for setup. This renovation will open that up, and will put us back in the game for at least consideration of the big shows.

Veatch talked a lot about the stadium "halo" - that area just outside of the concourses, but within stadium grounds. That is currently wasted space. The thought (I think) is to move the ticket gates out to the edge of the stadium footprint, then utilize the halo "inside" the stadium proper - for larger open concourses, concessions, game day experiences, etc.

...I think they seriously considered the OCS and it just couldn't work within these next few crucial years. So we are getting the next best thing. I'm on board.

[posting this in the Strickland thread too]
05-19-2022 02:33 PM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

(05-19-2022 02:33 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  Listened to a joint interview with Stickland/Hardgrave and 2 other interviews with Veatch...

CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT
They were all pretty adamant that they are trying to get something done by 2025. They all mentioned conference alignment and positioning for big-time football for the future, etc. Big 12 was mentioned by name by Hardgrave, then he quickly said "or whoever" might come looking at us.

ON CAMPUS STADIUM
Veatch made a point to say the OCS was looked at very closely and very seriously. And he said - contrary to what many say here - that it is feasible. The problem is that additional land would have to be purchased and there would be demolition involved - both of which would approximately double the costs and would extend the timeline way past 2025. He made the point that in the end, with costs and timing - this is the best option. GP asked if Veatch wished one of his predecessors had done the OCS thing a decade ago, and Veatch laughed in basic agreement.

MISC
Veatch said that ideally, capacity would be in the low 40's. But with this project - due to current configuraton, the bowl game, possibility of future growth - capacity will be 50ish.

GP and Veatch (I think it was) talked concert venues a bit. They said one of the limiting factors to stadium concerts in Memphis (besides Nashville becoming a default stop on tour) is that equipment trucks have gotten bigger with bigger show setups these days. And they can no longer fit through the LBMS north tunnel with equipment for setup. This renovation will open that up, and will put us back in the game for at least consideration of the big shows.

Veatch talked a lot about the stadium "halo" - that area just outside of the concourses, but within stadium grounds. That is currently wasted space. The thought (I think) is to move the ticket gates out to the edge of the stadium footprint, then utilize the halo "inside" the stadium proper - for larger open concourses, concessions, game day experiences, etc.

...I think they seriously considered the OCS and it just couldn't work within these next few crucial years. So we are getting the next best thing. I'm on board.

The previous administrations did the city's dirty work by insuring no land was designated for an OCS. That insures it is always unfeasible because there is "no place to put it".

That was the same song and dance last time, but then the Heery report said otherwise and they all tucked their tails and ran. Since then they have been careful to close the loopholes.

Dumbasses.
05-19-2022 03:05 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-19-2022 03:05 PM)Claw Wrote:  
(05-19-2022 02:33 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  Listened to a joint interview with Stickland/Hardgrave and 2 other interviews with Veatch...

CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT

ON CAMPUS STADIUM

MISC

The previous administrations did the city's dirty work by insuring no land was designated for an OCS. That insures it is always unfeasible because there is "no place to put it".

That was the same song and dance last time, but then the Heery report said otherwise and they all tucked their tails and ran. Since then they have been careful to close the loopholes.

Dumbasses.

Veatch said it was feasible - not unfeasible. It just costs too much and will take too long.
Should have been done 30 years ago. It wasn't.
I should have bought BTC and Amazon stock 10 years ago. I didn't.
Life goes on and we play the cards we're dealt.
05-19-2022 04:46 PM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

(05-19-2022 04:46 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  

CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT

ON CAMPUS STADIUM

MISC

Dumbasses.

Veatch said it was feasible - not unfeasible. It just costs too much and will take too long.

I get that. I'm not convinced yet we actually know what it will take to do the planned Liberty Bowl changes. I think the cards are still being dealt.
05-19-2022 04:51 PM
danny1 Offline
All American

(05-19-2022 04:46 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  

CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT

ON CAMPUS STADIUM

MISC

Dumbasses.

Yep
05-19-2022 06:11 PM
tigerengineer Offline
All American

I Root For: The Tigers!
I'm not saying it can't be done by 2025 kickoff, but supply chain issues in the construction industry are real and are impacting the basics, like reinforcing steel, roof joists, etc; much less finish items like cabinets, light fixtures, and such. Three years and a few months is not that much time to do that size of a demo and construction project, even if they broke ground tomorrow, once you factor in the type of delays that are typical now.

And that does not factor in inflation on the cost. We have a project we have had to re-design to take money out of it twice, even after the construction manager said the first round of changes would be enough to get it in budget.
05-20-2022 08:36 AM
Claw Online
Hall of Famer

(05-20-2022 08:36 AM)tigerengineer Wrote:  I'm not saying it can't be done by 2025 kickoff, but supply chain issues in the construction industry are real and are impacting the basics, like reinforcing steel, roof joists, etc; much less finish items like cabinets, light fixtures, and such. Three years and a few months is not that much time to do that size of a demo and construction project, even if they broke ground tomorrow, once you factor in the type of delays that are typical now.

And that does not factor in inflation on the cost. We have a project we have had to re-design to take money out of it twice, even after the construction manager said the first round of changes would be enough to get it in budget.

That's reality.

One of my issues with this decision is the promised time line. Eventually they are going to have to back off of that because of today's economic conditions.

Meanwhile they are using the time line as one of the justifications for moving immediately. It really looks more like they are trying to jam something through before anyone can stop them rather than really making a prudent plan of action.
05-20-2022 08:52 AM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(05-20-2022 08:52 AM)Claw Wrote:  
(05-20-2022 08:36 AM)tigerengineer Wrote:  I'm not saying it can't be done by 2025 kickoff, but supply chain issues in the construction industry are real and are impacting the basics, like reinforcing steel, roof joists, etc; much less finish items like cabinets, light fixtures, and such. Three years and a few months is not that much time to do that size of a demo and construction project, even if they broke ground tomorrow, once you factor in the type of delays that are typical now.

That's reality.

One of my issues with this decision is the promised time line. Eventually they are going to have to back off of that because of today's economic conditions.

Meanwhile they are using the time line as one of the justifications for moving immediately. It really looks more like they are trying to jam something through before anyone can stop them rather than really making a prudent plan of action.

Houston - Brand new stadium built in less than 2 years
Baylor - Brand new stadium built in less than 2 years
Cincinnati - Renovations completed in less than 2 years

Memphis - It will take 20 years to do half the stadium, and the stadium will start falling apart in 10 years.

Quote:One of my issues...

Out of 100

Everything based on the worst doomsday assumptions, with no basis in anything concrete. Unbelievable, so miserable.
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2022 09:19 AM by Stammers.)
05-20-2022 09:18 AM
SeñorTiger Online
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers

It is planning. I work with a lot of construction companies. It is definitely not like it used to be with more or less on demand ordering, shipping and receiving. I have companies that have adjusted and plan and order well in advance to minimize supply chain issues and I have others that are really struggling adjusting. Basically, they may recognize pipes are issue to get today so they order those in advance but assume items they can order and receive immediately now will remain that way and do not feel a need to preorder anything else. Those companies are struggling to stay on schedule. Of course, some that is cash, some companies can afford to go out and buy in bulk and in advance and others simply cannot.
05-20-2022 01:52 PM
MemTigers1998 Online
Hall of Famer

People don’t realize what Ford is gonna take away in construction manpower from the Memphis area. They wanna have LBMS complete by 2025 and the plans haven’t even come out yet and they won’t be able to start until Dec 2022. It’ll get done eventually. I highly doubt what all they showed in the renderings will be done by 2025. Budget, supply chain and labor shortage issues will prevent that. Will be interested to see what back door deals are cut and what GC they choose. There’s a couple in town who would make it happen and a couple who could F up a 1 car parade.
05-21-2022 08:01 AM
tigerfan39 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT

ON CAMPUS STADIUM

MISC

Dumbasses.

It sure takes one to know one!
05-21-2022 08:44 AM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Shirley & RC wanted no part of an OCS. Im not sure about Rudd, though it never appeared to be a priority. Now, after 15 years of post-Heery Report hand sitting, we’re predictably behind the 8 ball & hoping a joint announcement from the city/university will be enough to position us for a P5 bid.
Bad leadership has consequences.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2022 09:06 AM by Marc Mensa.)
05-21-2022 09:04 AM
Eagleonpar Online
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
(05-21-2022 09:04 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Shirley & RC wanted no part of an OCS. Im not sure about Rudd, though it never appeared to be a priority. Now, after 15 years of post-Heery Report hand sitting, we’re predictably behind the 8 ball & hoping a joint announcement from the city/university will be enough to position us for a P5 bid.
Bad leadership has consequences.

Doesn’t matter what ANY of the above want unless they were billionaires.
05-21-2022 09:35 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(05-20-2022 09:18 AM)Stammers Wrote:  
(05-20-2022 08:52 AM)Claw Wrote:  

That's reality.

Houston - Brand new stadium built in less than 2 years
Baylor - Brand new stadium built in less than 2 years
Cincinnati - Renovations completed in less than 2 years

Memphis - It will take 20 years to do half the stadium, and the stadium will start falling apart in 10 years.

Quote:One of my issues...

Out of 100

Everything based on the worst doomsday assumptions, with no basis in anything concrete. Unbelievable, so miserable.

reminds me of Scotty explaining a repair timeline to Capt Kirk. 'it'll take 15 men two weeks just to find the right screwdriver cap'n!'

it's comical at this point.
05-21-2022 11:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.