Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Akronsucks Game
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: Akronsucks Game
(02-11-2022 09:15 PM)roundball4me Wrote:  The end of the game display by the Kent State players was way out of line. Celebrating a big victory is one thing but going to the opposing fans and enticing them and throwing things back at them was beyond the game. What a bad reflection on a hard fought game......

It wasn't a big deal. Foam thingies? That were thrown at them first? No harm. Great rivalry game. Too bad they don't have better crowd control over there, though.
02-11-2022 09:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fallsdog Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent State
Ugh
02-11-2022 09:27 PM
roundball4me Offline
Water Engineer

(02-11-2022 09:24 PM)Older and Older Wrote:  
(02-11-2022 09:15 PM)roundball4me Wrote:  The end of the game display by the Kent State players was way out of line. Celebrating a big victory is one thing but going to the opposing fans and enticing them and throwing things back at them was beyond the game. What a bad reflection on a hard fought game......

Fans were throwing stuff prior to end of game.
Kent players could be facing suspensions for this. MAC has low tolerance.
Usually it’s no issue because so few games have much attendance

You showed it on the court. You proved you were the best tonight. Why not walk off the court with class and not look as bad as Akron, instead of taking away from the TEAM effort….. That was what was seen on TV
02-11-2022 09:31 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison

Not the best look, but not that big of a deal IMO. In the heat of the moment in a rival like ours they’re fed nonstop crap all game, they should’ve taken the W and just skipped off to the locker room, but I get it,
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2022 11:12 PM by Polish Hammer.)
02-11-2022 09:33 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I Root For: kent state!
There were some one finger salutes caught on live tv from our guys. Unlikely that goes unpunished. By my estimation our perimeter defense and running in practice ability will likely suffer from suspensions.
02-11-2022 09:35 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST

Go back to ZipsNation with your tears.
02-11-2022 09:48 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

Ok, interesting celebration aside, let's talk the game. Can't believe the last possession by Akron. What a brain dead play. It's extremely textbook that, you take the last shot with a couple seconds left to give your guys a shot at a putback. With all the trouble Freeman was giving us I'm glad they didn't realize that.

Next point. Great defense. Horrible individual post defense. Please fix.

Final point. Really frustrating officiating tonight. All you can ask from refs is that they're consistent. That way players can adjust to how the game is being called. Tonight they let them play in the first half. Started calling it tighter in the second. Then dramatically ramped up the off the ball touch fouls mid second half. Frustrating to watch. Has to be frustrating to play through. It's like an ump's strike zone continually changing during a game... And in the near future they're probably going to have an automated strikezone to stop that crap.
02-11-2022 09:53 PM
roundball4me Offline
Water Engineer

(02-11-2022 09:48 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  

Go back to ZipsNation with your tears.

Sorry to disappoint you but not everyone has an opinion like yours. I have been (30+ yrs) and still am, a Kent fan. My opinions are mine and like society today, it is wrong because it’s not yours.
02-11-2022 09:57 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
Soft ass people like you are what’s wrong with society today.
02-11-2022 09:58 PM
roundball4me Offline
Water Engineer

Great opinion
02-11-2022 10:19 PM
fallsdog Offline
All American

Next game.

Big one at UT.
02-11-2022 10:43 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
Hats off for their student section coming out. I mean, how can they get a huge turnout, and a large following at our place? Yet we can't beg people to come.
Hats back on for their trash chants and the warning for throwing on the court. Seriously, they where warned 2 years ago (last time we played there) for blowing a whistle. Then you throw in the chants. That's Ohio State garbage right there. I didn't see our team retaliate because I was busy giving high-fives.
I keep saying, but if our team stays around this year we are going to be really good the next 2 years!
02-11-2022 10:58 PM
cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
(02-11-2022 10:58 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  Hats off for their student section coming out. I mean, how can they get a huge turnout, and a large following at our place? Yet we can't beg people to come.
Hats back on for their trash chants and the warning for throwing on the court. Seriously, they where warned 2 years ago (last time we played there) for blowing a whistle. Then you throw in the chants. That's Ohio State garbage right there. I didn't see our team retaliate because I was busy giving high-fives.
I keep saying, but if our team stays around this year we are going to be really good the next 2 years!

Think what this team would look like with any kind of just average MAC Level post play.

That said ... replacing JHam is going to be a tall (yes, pun intended) order.
02-11-2022 11:04 PM
AlphaFlash Offline
All American

I Root For: Kent St. & UNC
(02-11-2022 11:04 PM)cleveland Wrote:  
(02-11-2022 10:58 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  Hats off for their student section coming out. I mean, how can they get a huge turnout, and a large following at our place? Yet we can't beg people to come.

Think what this team would look like with any kind of just average MAC Level post play.

I honestly wasn't too impressed with him until the last 2 games. He's doing much better in the paint.
02-11-2022 11:13 PM
cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
(02-11-2022 11:13 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  

I honestly wasn't too impressed with him until the last 2 games. He's doing much better in the paint.

Four of Kents final seven games are against Akron-Toledo-Ohio-Buffalo. Only one of those game (Ohio) is at home.

And BTW ... two of those other games are on the road at Central and Norther. Kent has already lost to Central and Northern, Beat Toledo the first week of MAC season. Rockets currently in first place.

Still a ton of work for Kent left to do to remain Top 4 in the MAC....
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2022 11:27 PM by cleveland.)
02-11-2022 11:23 PM
anti-zip Offline
All American

(02-11-2022 11:23 PM)cleveland Wrote:  
(02-11-2022 11:13 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  

Four of Kents final seven games are against Akron-Toledo-Ohio-Buffalo. Only one of those game (Ohio) is at home.

And BTW ... two of those other games are on the road at Central and Norther. Kent has already lost to Central and Northern, Beat Toledo the first week of MAC season. Rockets currently in first place.

Still a ton of work for Kent left to do to remain Top 4 in the MAC....

The UB game is home too.
02-11-2022 11:43 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
https://www.record-courier.com/story/spo...721161001/

The usual excellent A. Moff story about the game gives context to why emotions ran high: some dirty play by Akron early, trying to establish some physicality after being dominated physically in the first game. Anyway, read the story. Good quotes from Carry.

(Yes, it’s behind the paywall, but c’mon: it’s ONE DOLLAR for a 3-month subscription. And you can cancel it right away if you want, and it will still be good for the 3 months. One dollar. Easily well worth it just for the stories on KSU sports this spring. And it links to stories in the B-J and Canton-Rep etc. OK, I’ve done my bit for American journalism for the week. 07-coffee3)
02-12-2022 07:57 AM
Muskrat Offline
1st String

(02-11-2022 09:58 PM)JimJoyce Wrote:  Soft ass people like you are what’s wrong with society today.

(02-11-2022 10:19 PM)roundball4me Wrote:  Great opinion

I must really be getting old. I always thought it was short people got no reason to live.
02-12-2022 08:44 AM
Muskrat Offline
1st String

Good article by Moff but I felt a twinge of sadness at this: said Carry. “I felt like Kent was the underdog in the rivalry, and I wanted to be part of the underdog.”

Sad, but true. Over the last 10 years a few MAC teams have passed Kent State in MAC success.
02-12-2022 08:47 AM
anti-zip Offline
All American

I wouldn't say they've passed us. Over the last 5 years we're 5-5 against them and the games are usually very close. We're both usually close in the standings too. Very comparable teams.
02-12-2022 09:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.