Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: @Charleston - GAME 12 - CAA GAME 3
(01-18-2022 12:58 PM)GrayHawk Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 07:46 AM)82hawk Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 07:29 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 01:49 AM)GrayHawk Wrote:  
(01-17-2022 09:19 PM)70shawk Wrote:  6 wins is now 13th longest winning streak in the country. Who would have thought?

Me!

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the thing. This is a fan discussion board. If you never make a prediction, if you never go out on a limb, it's easy to ciriticize others who do. And it's also easy to make this kind of statement when you've never actually contributed to a discussion. Gray seems like a fantastic UNCW fan. Loyal and true. But he/she is not a discussion board type. I think most of the contributors here enjoy the back and forth, the discussion and even being wrong sometimes. And if it weren't for these discusssions and the people making predictions, criticisms and praises, there would be no discussion board.

I've made predictions.You just have to pay attention to them to realize it.My predictions aren't on a game by game basis.MY predictions have been 100% about this head coach ,coaching staff and their capabilities when others,yourself included have thrown out some pretty outlandish statements about them after a loss.You get kudos sunce you seem to need them for some good game predictions man. I just wish folks would be a little more patient when things go awry (and they will) Its a game, the other team wants to win as bad as us, and sometimes its just not your night.That does not mean the guy in charge doesn't know what he is doing.
Patience is earned. Up until recently, we had not seen and level of consistency with the teams, game plans etc. from this staff. That includes last year. However, that has changed. And the W's have come along with it. I can only speak for myself, but a loss here or there wouldn't throw me off the deep end now. Because it happens through the course of a long year. Doesn't mean i'd be happy, but there are definitely "ups and downs" even in highly successful seasons. Moving in the right direction, consistency, and W's earns both respect and patience.
01-18-2022 01:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GrayHawk Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-18-2022 01:52 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 07:29 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 01:49 AM)GrayHawk Wrote:  Me!

Lol

Here's the thing. This is a fan discussion board. If you never make a prediction, if you never go out on a limb, it's easy to ciriticize others who do. And it's also easy to make this kind of statement when you've never actually contributed to a discussion. Gray seems like a fantastic UNCW fan. Loyal and true. But he/she is not a discussion board type. I think most of the contributors here enjoy the back and forth, the discussion and even being wrong sometimes. And if it weren't for these discusssions and the people making predictions, criticisms and praises, there would be no discussion board.

I've made predictions.You just have to pay attention to them to realize it.My predictions aren't on a game by game basis.MY predictions have been 100% about this head coach ,coaching staff and their capabilities when others,yourself included have thrown out some pretty outlandish statements about them after a loss.You get kudos sunce you seem to need them for some good game predictions man. I just wish folks would be a little more patient when things go awry (and they will) Its a game, the other team wants to win as bad as us, and sometimes its just not your night.That does not mean the guy in charge doesn't know what he is doing.
Patience is earned. Up until recently, we had not seen and level of consistency with the teams, game plans etc. from this staff. That includes last year. However, that has changed. And the W's have come along with it. I can only speak for myself, but a loss here or there wouldn't throw me off the deep end now. Because it happens through the course of a long year. Doesn't mean i'd be happy, but there are definitely "ups and downs" even in highly successful seasons. Moving in the right direction, consistency, and W's earns both respect and patience.

He took over a complete dumpster ? last year.With all the delays and pauses Im not sure how anyone could even begin to form an opinion about a 1st rime coaches ability on it. This year, as I and another poster mentioned there were TEN new faces in the program. Siddle QUICKLY assessed after a few games and made one heck of a call in regards to his personnel at PG much to the chagrin of most here.I don't but the patience is earned stuff.Trust and respect yes, but patience should be a given in regards to the situation he inherited
01-18-2022 02:20 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-18-2022 02:20 PM)GrayHawk Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 07:29 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  Lol

He took over a complete dumpster ? last year.With all the delays and pauses Im not sure how anyone could even begin to form an opinion about a 1st rime coaches ability on it. This year, as I and another poster mentioned there were TEN new faces in the program. Siddle QUICKLY assessed after a few games and made one heck of a call in regards to his personnel at PG much to the chagrin of most here.I don't but the patience is earned stuff.Trust and respect yes, but patience should be a given in regards to the situation he inherited
There are that many new faces because so many guys got run off. So, that was part of the staff's doing. There is no point in beating this dead horse. Patience is earned IMO. Bottom line is we all agree we are heading the right direction, and i'd venture to guess fans around here and elsewhere, will be much more patient if there are a few bumps.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022 02:24 PM by Seahawkhoops.)
01-18-2022 02:22 PM
GrayHawk Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-18-2022 02:22 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 07:46 AM)82hawk Wrote:  Here's the thing. This is a fan discussion board. If you never make a prediction, if you never go out on a limb, it's easy to ciriticize others who do. And it's also easy to make this kind of statement when you've never actually contributed to a discussion. Gray seems like a fantastic UNCW fan. Loyal and true. But he/she is not a discussion board type. I think most of the contributors here enjoy the back and forth, the discussion and even being wrong sometimes. And if it weren't for these discusssions and the people making predictions, criticisms and praises, there would be no discussion board.

There are that many new faces because so many guys got run off. So, that was part of the staff's doing. There is no point in beating this dead horse. Patience is earned IMO. Bottom line is we all agree we are heading the right direction, and i'd venture to guess fans around here and elsewhere, will be much more patient if there are a few bumps.
That was another knock we all heard.He couldn't keep players..Hes running them off left and right.I won't try and surmise who got ran off, and who left on their own free accord.What I do know is that any coach worth a grain of salt wants players he believes in, and who want to play for him. Heck we as fans shouldnt worry about kids who arent 100% vested.I will respectfully agree to disagree about patience being given or earned .I do hope that when we do hit the inevitable bumps along the road that we as fans will be a bit more patient and respect the fact that we have a guy that knows what hes doing at the helm.
01-18-2022 02:39 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022 04:59 PM by solohawks.)
01-18-2022 04:58 PM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
(01-18-2022 07:29 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  Lol

Were the fans and administration too impatient with McGrath?

If so, why? If not, why not?
01-18-2022 05:08 PM
GrayHawk Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-18-2022 05:08 PM)82hawk Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 07:46 AM)82hawk Wrote:  Here's the thing. This is a fan discussion board. If you never make a prediction, if you never go out on a limb, it's easy to ciriticize others who do. And it's also easy to make this kind of statement when you've never actually contributed to a discussion. Gray seems like a fantastic UNCW fan. Loyal and true. But he/she is not a discussion board type. I think most of the contributors here enjoy the back and forth, the discussion and even being wrong sometimes. And if it weren't for these discusssions and the people making predictions, criticisms and praises, there would be no discussion board.

I think the fact that he was 2-14 in his 3rd season when he was let go, and the guy who is currently 3-10 at Chowan took the same team and outcoached him would point to signs that CB was in over his head.Do you think he should have been given more time?
01-18-2022 07:33 PM
B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
@Charleston - GAME 12 - CAA GAME 3
(01-18-2022 07:33 PM)GrayHawk Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 12:58 PM)GrayHawk Wrote:  I've made predictions.You just have to pay attention to them to realize it.My predictions aren't on a game by game basis.MY predictions have been 100% about this head coach ,coaching staff and their capabilities when others,yourself included have thrown out some pretty outlandish statements about them after a loss.You get kudos sunce you seem to need them for some good game predictions man. I just wish folks would be a little more patient when things go awry (and they will) Its a game, the other team wants to win as bad as us, and sometimes its just not your night.That does not mean the guy in charge doesn't know what he is doing.

I think the fact that he was 2-14 in his 3rd season when he was let go, and the guy who is currently 3-10 at Chowan took the same team and outcoached him would point to signs that CB was in over his head.Do you think he should have been given more time?

Wow. A little rude to be criticizing Rob Burke after only 13 games coached! Where’s the patience?!

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
01-18-2022 08:28 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-18-2022 08:28 PM)B_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 01:52 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  Patience is earned. Up until recently, we had not seen and level of consistency with the teams, game plans etc. from this staff. That includes last year. However, that has changed. And the W's have come along with it. I can only speak for myself, but a loss here or there wouldn't throw me off the deep end now. Because it happens through the course of a long year. Doesn't mean i'd be happy, but there are definitely "ups and downs" even in highly successful seasons. Moving in the right direction, consistency, and W's earns both respect and patience.

Wow. A little rude to be criticizing Rob Burke after only 13 games coached! Where’s the patience?!

Lol

I love Burke, he definitely deserves more time to get his guys in place , ya know? Patience my friend, patience.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022 08:42 PM by Seahawkhoops.)
01-18-2022 08:41 PM
GrayHawk Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-18-2022 08:28 PM)B_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 01:52 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  Patience is earned. Up until recently, we had not seen and level of consistency with the teams, game plans etc. from this staff. That includes last year. However, that has changed. And the W's have come along with it. I can only speak for myself, but a loss here or there wouldn't throw me off the deep end now. Because it happens through the course of a long year. Doesn't mean i'd be happy, but there are definitely "ups and downs" even in highly successful seasons. Moving in the right direction, consistency, and W's earns both respect and patience.

Lol

Critical? Or factual? It was actually a compliment... Besides, havent you heard, Patience is earned according to some. You still got that post you saved of mine lol?
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022 09:21 PM by GrayHawk.)
01-18-2022 09:13 PM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

(01-18-2022 12:58 PM)GrayHawk Wrote:  I've made predictions.You just have to pay attention to them to realize it.My predictions aren't on a game by game basis.MY predictions have been 100% about this head coach ,coaching staff and their capabilities when others,yourself included have thrown out some pretty outlandish statements about them after a loss.You get kudos sunce you seem to need them for some good game predictions man. I just wish folks would be a little more patient when things go awry (and they will) Its a game, the other team wants to win as bad as us, and sometimes its just not your night.That does not mean the guy in charge doesn't know what he is doing.

I thought he was let go at the exact right time. But not just because of his record. The problem with McGrath was that his teams were losing and he didn't change ANYTHING. No personnel changes, no strategic changes. Nothing. I was a defender of McGrath in the beginning because he also inherited a mess, was a first time head coach, etc. But it became apparent that no amount of time was going to result in wins because he never changed or made any adjustments to produce wins.

Patience is generally a good thing, but patience can also give you results like W&M who have still never been to an NCAA tournament. UNCW has generally been willing to pull the trigger and move past a coach who isn't making moves to improve while the losses pile up. Our patience is pretty short, and that isn't a bad thing. It means we have high expectations and we aren't willing to wait years for success . Siddle was on the verge of becoming the coach who wasn't making adjustments to fix a team that was losing. That's always my litmus test. I have always believed he would be a good coach, but since this was his firsr HC job, that had to eventually show up on the court. Belief always clashes with reality at some point. There is never a guarantee that a great assistant automatically becomes a great head coach and Siddle didn't have a history as a HC for anyone to understand what "his" team would/should look like on offense, so all we had to go on was what we were seeing and what the team was producing...and it wasn't good. Don't forget, we were seven games in before we reached 70 points and had one of the lowest ranked offenses in the nation in several categories. And in those seven games, there was little to no change to what we were doing. THAT was the concern and we were only three games away from the start of conference play. My personal "lack of patience" was directly related to the fact I was one of the few defenders of Siddle, believed in him as a coach and wanted him to stay at UNCW long term. But another bottom of the CAA season could easily lead to transfers and create a difficulty in recruiting. My impatience wasn't because I wanted him to go(like McGrath), it was because I didn't want him to go. That's an important distinction. But, as many have said, he HAS made changes that have led to improvement and we're all glad. This is the last time I get into this discussion. We now know that Siddle can put together a game plan and put players in place to succeed. Because of that our expectations will rise, but so will our patience in understanding that a bad game isn't a trend but is probably just a bad game.
01-18-2022 10:05 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-18-2022 10:05 PM)82hawk Wrote:  

I thought he was let go at the exact right time. But not just because of his record. The problem with McGrath was that his teams were losing and he didn't change ANYTHING. No personnel changes, no strategic changes. Nothing. I was a defender of McGrath in the beginning because he also inherited a mess, was a first time head coach, etc. But it became apparent that no amount of time was going to result in wins because he never changed or made any adjustments to produce wins.

Patience is generally a good thing, but patience can also give you results like W&M who have still never been to an NCAA tournament. UNCW has generally been willing to pull the trigger and move past a coach who isn't making moves to improve while the losses pile up. Our patience is pretty short, and that isn't a bad thing. It means we have high expectations and we aren't willing to wait years for success . Siddle was on the verge of becoming the coach who wasn't making adjustments to fix a team that was losing. That's always my litmus test. I have always believed he would be a good coach, but since this was his firsr HC job, that had to eventually show up on the court. Belief always clashes with reality at some point. There is never a guarantee that a great assistant automatically becomes a great head coach and Siddle didn't have a history as a HC for anyone to understand what "his" team would/should look like on offense, so all we had to go on was what we were seeing and what the team was producing...and it wasn't good. Don't forget, we were seven games in before we reached 70 points and had one of the lowest ranked offenses in the nation in several categories. And in those seven games, there was little to no change to what we were doing. THAT was the concern and we were only three games away from the start of conference play. My personal "lack of patience" was directly related to the fact I was one of the few defenders of Siddle, believed in him as a coach and wanted him to stay at UNCW long term. But another bottom of the CAA season could easily lead to transfers and create a difficulty in recruiting. My impatience wasn't because I wanted him to go(like McGrath), it was because I didn't want him to go. That's an important distinction. But, as many have said, he HAS made changes that have led to improvement and we're all glad. This is the last time I get into this discussion. We now know that Siddle can put together a game plan and put players in place to succeed. Because of that our expectations will rise, but so will our patience in understanding that a bad game isn't a trend but is probably just a bad game.
Forgive Gray, he's had long day of practice and getting ready to leave for JMU. Maybe he will have time to respond once they get on the bus. 04-cheers
01-19-2022 03:33 PM
GrayHawk Offline
Bench Warmer

(01-19-2022 03:33 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 02:20 PM)GrayHawk Wrote:  He took over a complete dumpster ? last year.With all the delays and pauses Im not sure how anyone could even begin to form an opinion about a 1st rime coaches ability on it. This year, as I and another poster mentioned there were TEN new faces in the program. Siddle QUICKLY assessed after a few games and made one heck of a call in regards to his personnel at PG much to the chagrin of most here.I don't but the patience is earned stuff.Trust and respect yes, but patience should be a given in regards to the situation he inherited

Forgive Gray, he's had long day of practice and getting ready to leave for JMU. Maybe he will have time to respond once they get on the bus. 04-cheers

Once I read the part about CB being left a dumpster fire I decided it really wasn't worth my time to read, much less respond...But thanks for thinking about me!
01-19-2022 06:28 PM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

(01-19-2022 06:28 PM)GrayHawk Wrote:  
(01-19-2022 03:33 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(01-18-2022 05:08 PM)82hawk Wrote:  Were the fans and administration too impatient with McGrath?

Once I read the part about CB being left a dumpster fire I decided it really wasn't worth my time to read, much less respond...But thanks for thinking about me!

Tells me all I need to know about you and I actually said "mess", not "dumpster fire". You're incapable of an honest discussion or assessment about anything. The ENTIRE incoming recruiting class decommitted, CJ Bryce left, Ingram graduated, Flemmings graduated. Those are the facts and it's not a statement about Keatts, McGrath or assigning blame. Again, I defended Keatts and his exit from UNCW from day one until today. It is now obvious you are way too close to Keatts and Siddle to have a discussion about anything that isn't a glowing statement about all they do or have done.

I promise, we won't have another discussion.
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022 08:04 PM by 82hawk.)
01-19-2022 07:50 PM
Seahawk Nation 08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-19-2022 07:50 PM)82hawk Wrote:  Tells me all I need to know about you. You're incapable of an honest discussion or assessment about anything. The ENTIRE incoming recruiting class decommitted, CJ Bryce left, Ingram graduated, Flemmings graduated. Those are the facts and it's not a statement about Keatts, McGrath or assigning blame. Again, I defended Keatts and his exit from UNCW from day one until today. It is now obvious you are way too close to Keatts and Siddle to have a discussion about anything that isn't a glowing statement about all they do or have done.

GrayHawk, when you're being called out by 82 for being "too close to Keatts to have a discussion", you've lost the war.
01-19-2022 07:57 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

@Charleston - GAME 12 - CAA GAME 3
(01-19-2022 07:57 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  
(01-19-2022 07:50 PM)82hawk Wrote:  Tells me all I need to know about you. You're incapable of an honest discussion or assessment about anything. The ENTIRE incoming recruiting class decommitted, CJ Bryce left, Ingram graduated, Flemmings graduated. Those are the facts and it's not a statement about Keatts, McGrath or assigning blame. Again, I defended Keatts and his exit from UNCW from day one until today. It is now obvious you are way too close to Keatts and Siddle to have a discussion about anything that isn't a glowing statement about all they do or have done.

GrayHawk, when you're being called out by 82 for being "too close to Keatts to have a discussion", you've lost the war.

Right? There was no bigger of an apologist after Hurricane Keatts took off

01-19-2022 08:24 PM
70shawk Offline
All American

I Root For: Brandon University
I like Gray Hawk. But, the again, I like The Mullet.

Got to mix it up a little or this place can get boring.
01-20-2022 05:00 AM
billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

McGrath had trouble but did recruit Mike, Jaylen and Shy unless I’m not remembering correctly.
We can thank him for that at least.
01-20-2022 08:31 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-20-2022 08:31 AM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  McGrath had trouble but did recruit Mike, Jaylen and Shy unless I’m not remembering correctly.
We can thank him for that at least.
Recruiting i don't think was his issue. He brought in some decent talent.
01-20-2022 10:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.