Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ECU 1/12/2022
Bookmark and Share
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: ECU 1/12/2022
(01-13-2022 12:01 AM)ZCat Wrote:  
(01-12-2022 07:59 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  ESPN+ is such cruddy production. Lol. They just nuked the awful AAC highlight girl.

I am surprised how bad the video is and the app.
I’m not sure how it is for other people, but with the app on my Samsung TV I have to forward and reverse the games feeling like it’s 1990. And if I accidentally go out of the app I have to go all the way back in and re-type in each letter of the team to do a search. As far as I know you can’t save your favorites. So each time I have to do a search. Inadvertently (because I’m used to YouTube TV back arrow), it takes me out of the app, and I have to start all over again. The landing page does not recognize your favorites. It has all kinds of other dumb future games listed.

If you have favorites set up on your general ESPN account and it's tied to your ESPN+, then you shouldn't have to search at all. I have a Samsung TV and Cincinnati is always the first game when I open the app around the tip/kick off. Not sure what is happening with you having to rewind/fast forward either...I can't say I've ever had an experience where the game isn't live-ish (there is always a slight delay from live given the nature of streaming).

01-13-2022 08:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I understand why it’s a thing but I can’t stand it. It feels like I’m watching on the old console tube TV that I garbage picked when I lived on Ohio avenue in college. Heck, it makes me miss Channel 19 games. Bad production. Bad picture. Somehow makes every game feel like the Ohio Valley game of the week.

01-13-2022 09:08 AM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
Didn't watch the game. But looking at the box score.... Lahkin led the team in rebounding (7) despite only playing 12 minutes.

01-13-2022 10:09 AM
UCBearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

(01-13-2022 10:09 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  Didn't watch the game. But looking at the box score.... Lahkin led the team in rebounding (7) despite only playing 12 minutes.

He has a lot of natural ability but still has a way to go in terms of adjusting to the college game in the United States.

You see little things that make you believe that he can be a stud down the line but he also does things that can cost the team a game.

Honestly I really only trust MAW, DDJ, Newman, Davenport, and Ado out there in key moments. Maybe Koval too.

The rest of the team plays too fast or is completely unaware of game situations.

01-13-2022 10:17 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(01-13-2022 10:17 AM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  
(01-13-2022 10:09 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  Didn't watch the game. But looking at the box score.... Lahkin led the team in rebounding (7) despite only playing 12 minutes.

He has a lot of natural ability but still has a way to go in terms of adjusting to the college game in the United States.

You see little things that make you believe that he can be a stud down the line but he also does things that can cost the team a game.

Honestly I really only trust MAW, DDJ, Newman, Davenport, and Ado out there in key moments. Maybe Koval too.

The rest of the team plays too fast or is completely unaware of game situations.

Bolded, so true. I believe he's going to be an excellent player. I wonder when his growth spurt occurred--how long he's been 6'11"? It's just going to take time to round out his footwork, positioning, and shooting touch and I hope "long" isn't three more years.

Regarding those other AAC scores, one thing our conference teams have done consistently since it began is rack up terrible losses. Houston was special last season; UC was for several. But after that, Memphis has underperformed for their talent and the rest have endured dreadful losses pre-conference every year often limiting the AAC to no more than two ranked teams. While I remain focused on Big XII football opportunities, we won't have to worry about conference roundball foes taking care of business out of conference. And conference wins will get much more attention from the pollsters and media.

Finally just read here that X lost at home last night. The beginning of the "Steele Swoon" we witness beginning about this time every year? Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

01-13-2022 11:13 AM
RealDeal Online
Heisman

(01-13-2022 11:13 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  Finally just read here that X lost at home last night. The beginning of the "Steele Swoon" we witness beginning about this time every year? Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Would love to see it but even though X was favored last night a close loss to a higher ranked team at home is hardly a cause for concern. I've only seen them play us and they looked invincible then but they have a lot of experienced players I expect they'll continue to play well unfortunately.

01-13-2022 01:48 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
(01-13-2022 08:58 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(01-13-2022 12:01 AM)ZCat Wrote:  
(01-12-2022 07:59 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  ESPN+ is such cruddy production. Lol. They just nuked the awful AAC highlight girl.

I am surprised how bad the video is and the app.
I’m not sure how it is for other people, but with the app on my Samsung TV I have to forward and reverse the games feeling like it’s 1990. And if I accidentally go out of the app I have to go all the way back in and re-type in each letter of the team to do a search. As far as I know you can’t save your favorites. So each time I have to do a search. Inadvertently (because I’m used to YouTube TV back arrow), it takes me out of the app, and I have to start all over again. The landing page does not recognize your favorites. It has all kinds of other dumb future games listed.

If you have favorites set up on your general ESPN account and it's tied to your ESPN+, then you shouldn't have to search at all. I have a Samsung TV and Cincinnati is always the first game when I open the app around the tip/kick off. Not sure what is happening with you having to rewind/fast forward either...I can't say I've ever had an experience where the game isn't live-ish (there is always a slight delay from live given the nature of streaming).
Couldnt get the app to work through my roku a couple of times so I gave up. Tried to throw it up on the screen in my living room from airplay and it stuttered so bad I couldnt watch it. Seemed okay on the ipad but who wants to watch a game on the ipad when you are at home? Everything else i try to do works fine so i am blaming espn.

01-13-2022 03:07 PM
bcat1997 Offline
All American

Need to go on a run. Next 4 all gettable...@Wichita, Tulsa, @Temple, @ ECarolina

01-13-2022 04:36 PM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
(01-13-2022 04:36 PM)bcat1997 Wrote:  Need to go on a run. Next 4 all gettable...@Wichita, Tulsa, @Temple, @ ECarolina

Not only gettable, but 4-0 here (though unlikely) puts them in great position for the tournament. We'd pick up a Q1 win vs Wichita, a Q2 vs Temple, and then improve our shaky Q3/Q4 record to a respectable point. All of this before an important two game stretch against Memphis and Houston.

01-13-2022 04:53 PM
Cataclysmo Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnat
(01-13-2022 03:07 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  Couldnt get the app to work through my roku a couple of times so I gave up. Tried to throw it up on the screen in my living room from airplay and it stuttered so bad I couldnt watch it. Seemed okay on the ipad but who wants to watch a game on the ipad when you are at home? Everything else i try to do works fine so i am blaming espn.

I think you can get a lightening cord to HDMI convertor for like 20 bucks on Amazon. Though I don't have an IPad so I'm not sure how easy it is to connect like that.

01-13-2022 04:54 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

ESPN app works great through my Roku (everything does, it was a fantastic small investment). If I want to use the main TV that has the Apple TV, I have to stream from my phone and project to the Apple TV.

01-13-2022 05:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
ESPN+ is the only app that looks like WXIX in 1980 with the two dials on the TV when watching via roku. Even if I turned off the sound to stop listening to amateur hour on air talent, the visual quality from the limited camera angles blows. It all screams low rent. I hate that most of the season is on this. Please God get us to the B12 schedule ASAP.

(This post was last modified: 01-13-2022 09:06 PM by rath v2.0.)
01-13-2022 09:05 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(01-13-2022 05:04 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  ESPN app works great through my Roku (everything does, it was a fantastic small investment). If I want to use the main TV that has the Apple TV, I have to stream from my phone and project to the Apple TV.

Hey Bruce, check the recruiting thread...wondering if you can give us any insight into Jesse Meyer since he's from over in your stomping grounds.

01-13-2022 09:14 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I am thinking of having Jesse Meyer on my podcast "Bruce Monnin's Computer Points" very soon to talk about the whole "preferred walk on" thing.

Saw Jesse live in one game this year. Had 4 catches for 66 yards (and 1 punt for 45 yards, BTW). Jesse didn't make it into my game article as the running backs dominated in that particular game.

In his junior year I saw him catch 6 passes for 100 yards and 2 TD's. He also had a 58-yard TD run. I still have access to the Hudl videos.

Seems like a solid kid whom I expect to contribute to UC before he is done. I am already looking forward to coming to Nippert in 3-4 years to write an article for the Celina Daily Standard about a local boy who rose from a preferred walk-on to a scholarship player to a major contributor.

Talked to his aunt earlier today. The family is excited he is going to UC (went to Arizona for the Fiesta Bowl). Both his father and uncle were extraordinary athletes for my local Minster Wildcats. Too bad his Dad moved to Coldwater :)

01-14-2022 12:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.