Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Yearly Article About Athletic Spending
Bookmark and Share
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Yearly Article About Athletic Spending

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2022 12:52 PM by CliftonAve.)
01-10-2022 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Yearly Article About Athletic Spending
Nothing like a branch campus professor of an irrelevant major to try to be a dick about something...faculty relations is the most incredibly frustrating part of any administrator in higher education.

01-10-2022 01:00 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Who? One tree in the wilderness? Exactly.

01-10-2022 01:05 PM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

(01-10-2022 01:00 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Nothing like a branch campus professor of an irrelevant major to try to be a dick about something...faculty relations is the most incredibly frustrating part of any administrator in higher education.

There was a thread a few weeks ago on the Conference Realignment Forum of this board about 4-year universities without college athletics. If people like John McNay are to believed, those universities should have the highest paid faculty and staff, the best academic programs in the country and be in the black financially. I looked up one of the universities, Metropolitan State University (Minnesota). The school has 10K students and its endowment is $6M. It offers 62 undergraduate degrees, 25 structured master's degree programs. How can this be?

01-10-2022 01:12 PM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Online
Heisman

(01-10-2022 01:05 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Who? One tree in the wilderness? Exactly.

There was a professor on twitter a year or two complaining after Coach Fick got a raise. She got "ratioed" severely, especially when people kept bringing up his raise included private funding.

01-10-2022 01:14 PM
bcat1997 Offline
All American

And I still want to pay Fickell $7M next year.

01-10-2022 01:32 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
People are funny. I remember there was a guy named Richard K. or something over on bearcatnews preaching we should not accept the BE offer and should stay in CUSA. Lol.

01-10-2022 04:15 PM
Advertisement

OKIcat Offline
Heisman

The naysayers will always be with us, especially a few disgruntled faculty members.

To my way of thinking, much of this has been an "investment phase" in athletics ramping us up to Big 12 membership that will take our athletic program, and our university, to an entirely new level. It's so much more than just the substantial bump in TV and bowl revenue. It's the "major leagues" of collegiate athletics where our previous stay in the BCS 6 was all too brief. This platform will create exceptional opportunity with conference mates such as Kansas, Baylor, Iowa State and others that are both respected schools and big brands. I can't wait to see that first football schedule. And basketball too for that matter.

01-10-2022 05:19 PM
namrag Offline
All American

I Root For:
I wonder how much of that deficit spending goes towards men’s basketball and football, after calculating in the revenue they both generate in ticket sales and conference media rights.

Compare them to women’s sports that generate little to no revenue in ticket sales, and are not a factor in conference media rights.

The same can be said about the rest of the men’s sports that are not basketball or football.

01-10-2022 08:30 PM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

(01-10-2022 08:30 PM)namrag Wrote:  I wonder how much of that deficit spending goes towards men’s basketball and football, after calculating in the revenue they both generate in ticket sales and conference media rights.

Compare them to women’s sports that generate little to no revenue in ticket sales, and are not a factor in conference media rights.

The same can be said about the rest of the men’s sports that are not basketball or football.

Found this on Equity in Athletics site.

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/details

01-11-2022 08:20 AM
Advertisement

Bcatbog Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of Cincy
(01-10-2022 05:19 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  The naysayers will always be with us, especially a few disgruntled faculty members.

To my way of thinking, much of this has been an "investment phase" in athletics ramping us up to Big 12 membership that will take our athletic program, and our university, to an entirely new level. It's so much more than just the substantial bump in TV and bowl revenue. It's the "major leagues" of collegiate athletics where our previous stay in the BCS 6 was all too brief. This platform will create exceptional opportunity with conference mates such as Kansas, Baylor, Iowa State and others that are both respected schools and big brands. I can't wait to see that first football schedule. And basketball too for that matter.

While UC athletics have prospered so has the university. Enrollment has soared. Alumni prestige has soared. UC gear in NE Ohio gets encouraging “Go Bearcats” from complete strangers. For the Cotton Bowl I got messages from supporters all across the country.

Go Bearcats!

01-11-2022 08:29 AM
BearcatMan Offline

Yep...anyone with their head so far into the sand that they couldn't see what athletics can do at UC from this past year is never going to be coming up for air. Leave them to complain in their closet on Plainfield Rd. and let the important people on the meaningful campus keep doing what they've been doing to lead our University onward and upward.

01-11-2022 08:38 AM
BearcatMan Offline

(01-11-2022 08:20 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(01-10-2022 08:30 PM)namrag Wrote:  I wonder how much of that deficit spending goes towards men’s basketball and football, after calculating in the revenue they both generate in ticket sales and conference media rights.

Found this on Equity in Athletics site.

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/details

$17M in student fees allocated is WAYYYY less than in previous years, under 20% which is a pretty solid threshold to remain below moving forward (no P5 team is above that number, but many are around it).

01-11-2022 08:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.