Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

To go or not to go?
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
To go or not to go?
With Omicron surging my wife would definitely vote no. Most of this is due to us having infant twin grandchildren who we are not "allowed" to visit for a few days if we have contact with others outside "our bubble". I would like to go but watching the game on the big screen is really not a bad alternative. I want to support our team, but I'm not sure it matters if there are 500 people at the game or 502 (this number may be optimistic). Don't know that 500 fans, in a decent sized arena, is much of a risk if you distance and wear a mask. Really hate we are back in this situation. Probably 50-50 at the moment. Might lean more to going, if I "expected" to win, but I've never been a fair-weather fan before. However, I've never had to deal with a pandemic or had infant twin grandchildren, either.
12-30-2021 11:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ez272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Little Rock
RE: To go or not to go?
We are in the same boat as grandkids go. Like you I am 50-50 on going. More than 6,000 new cases in 2 days and ball games being cancelled left and right. I will not be surprised if the season is cancelled.
12-30-2021 12:42 PM
RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
To go or not to go?
I’m going to the game while I have a game to go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-30-2021 12:45 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-30-2021 12:42 PM)ez272 Wrote:  We are in the same boat as grandkids go. Like you I am 50-50 on going. More than 6,000 new cases in 2 days and ball games being cancelled left and right. I will not be surprised if the season is cancelled.

If die-hard fans, like us, are 50-50 attendance numbers for tonight do not sound very promising.
12-30-2021 12:48 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(12-30-2021 12:42 PM)ez272 Wrote:  We are in the same boat as grandkids go. Like you I am 50-50 on going. More than 6,000 new cases in 2 days and ball games being cancelled left and right. I will not be surprised if the season is cancelled.

We will probably see a lot of things that could/can/will screw up the season, but totally cancelling the season is really not one of them.
12-30-2021 01:09 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

Cancellation of the season also appears extremely unlikely to me as well. I think there are not many teams that will completely escape the Omicron bug. Obviously, a lot of games will be postponed and/or cancelled. Healthy athletes will test positive and some will be sick for a few days. They will be "ok" and return to the court 7 to 10 days later. I guess a few unvaccinated athletes may get quite sick, but I honestly don't have a ton of sympathy for them. Still, I am hopeful that by February we might be past this as fast as Omicron appears to be spreading. Of course, as long as we have unvaccinated people another variant may emerge in the coming months. The bottom line is that this "sucks". Not much we can do about it since unvaccinated folks are not suddenly going to change their minds now. And to be honest, 2 vaccines appear to do little against Omicron and even boosted folks are getting breakthrough infections.
12-30-2021 01:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.