RE: Salvation Army goes woke, demands donors 'apologize' for their whiteness
So much in common...

11-24-2021 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
(11-24-2021 09:41 PM)All4One Wrote:  So much in common...

That can't be real.
11-24-2021 10:17 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I dropped a dollar in a kettle the other day. They took my money without making me apologize for anything. But now that I know this, I'll donate my dollars elsewhere.
11-24-2021 10:20 PM
VCE Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tradition
(11-24-2021 10:20 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I dropped a dollar in a kettle the other day. They took my money without making me apologize for anything. But now that I know this, I'll donate my dollars elsewhere.

I used to give them all of the bills in my pocket after grocery shopping. No more. Racists.

OP, thanks for posting.
11-24-2021 10:46 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
A foreign student I knew came back to my dorm in college and asked me about a foreign army raising money here, and if that was common. Of course, I was curious what that could be. He said it was the Sal, Sal, Salvadoran? Army maybe...very unsure of what he was trying to say.

When he said they were at a store and ringing a bell, I got it, but I had no idea what he was asking me when he kept saying it was some army...

Then he was asking why this church was called an army, and I didn't have a good answer for that.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2021 10:53 PM by Todor.)
11-24-2021 10:52 PM
All4One Offline
Banned

I Root For: Genuine & Unprivileged
(11-24-2021 10:17 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  
(11-24-2021 09:41 PM)All4One Wrote:  So much in common...

That can't be real.

No, it's a spoof of Coca-Cola when it became public knowledge early in the year that the Coca-Cola Company made their employees undergo sensitivity and white guilt training only they called it "diversity training."

https://nypost.com/2021/02/23/coca-cola-...ess-white/
11-24-2021 11:38 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(11-24-2021 05:46 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  They are one of my customers at work. Guess who is gonna get a few hundred dollars extra added on their next few invoices

LOL!!! My Dad used to call that pencil whipping a customer or playing a Jewish piano. Either way the bag of gold is getting lighter for the customer.
11-25-2021 12:15 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(11-25-2021 12:15 AM)BlueDragon Wrote:  
(11-24-2021 05:46 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  They are one of my customers at work. Guess who is gonna get a few hundred dollars extra added on their next few invoices

LOL!!! My Dad used to call that pencil whipping a customer or playing a Jewish piano. Either way the bag of gold is getting lighter for the customer.

I called it an AG fee.

As in aggravation.

07-coffee3
11-25-2021 01:31 AM
TheOriginalBigApp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
When I first saw this I literally said: "No Way". Then, dove into their website and sure enough they are now FULLY INFECTED with the "Social Justice" virus. I will find other means to distribute my philanthropy.

https://www.salvationarmy.org/isjc
11-25-2021 07:53 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(11-25-2021 07:53 AM)TheOriginalBigApp Wrote:  When I first saw this I literally said: "No Way". Then, dove into their website and sure enough they are now FULLY INFECTED with the "Social Justice" virus. I will find other means to distribute my philanthropy.

https://www.salvationarmy.org/isjc

Congrats St Jude. You just got their money too
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021 09:44 AM by shere khan.)
11-25-2021 09:43 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I have a couple of alternatives. One, St. Jude. Two, Cast Your Nets Ministry--a couple from my church took early retirement and moved to the Philippines, where they have formed a ministry that finds children with birth defects in rural areas and gets them into the hospital founded by Tim Tebow where there have been some truly remarkable surgeries performed. I have given to both in this Christmas season and will continue to do so.
11-25-2021 09:47 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Salvation Army Boycott already having an effect

“As The Salvation Army launches its Red Kettle Campaign this holiday season, some of its long-time donors are withdrawing their support from the 156-year old charitable organization citing its newly embraced "woke" ideology as the reason.”

"There is a massive number of academics—Black and white, Christian and non-Christian, atheist and theist—who have raised the alarm against the aggressive indoctrination and, frankly, bullying of CRT—not to mention the racial essentialism inherent in the view, the false witness it bears against virtuous people, and the general destruction it continues to wreak on race relations in this country. CRT has set us back 50 years," he continued.“
11-25-2021 01:28 PM
All4One Offline
Banned

I Root For: Genuine & Unprivileged
(11-25-2021 01:28 PM)No Bull Wrote:  Salvation Army Boycott already having an effect

“As The Salvation Army launches its Red Kettle Campaign this holiday season, some of its long-time donors are withdrawing their support from the 156-year old charitable organization citing its newly embraced "woke" ideology as the reason.”

"There is a massive number of academics—Black and white, Christian and non-Christian, atheist and theist—who have raised the alarm against the aggressive indoctrination and, frankly, bullying of CRT—not to mention the racial essentialism inherent in the view, the false witness it bears against virtuous people, and the general destruction it continues to wreak on race relations in this country. CRT has set us back 50 years," he continued.“

Thanks for sharing.
11-25-2021 06:06 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(11-25-2021 09:47 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I have a couple of alternatives. One, St. Jude. Two, Cast Your Nets Ministry--a couple from my church took early retirement and moved to the Philippines, where they have formed a ministry that finds children with birth defects in rural areas and gets them into the hospital founded by Tim Tebow where there have been some truly remarkable surgeries performed. I have given to both in this Christmas season and will continue to do so.

This sounds interesting. I'll look more into it now that I'm not giving to TSA anymore. Let the Wokesters support their own.
11-25-2021 06:55 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
Well, F the Salvation Army then. Can’t imagine this idiocy not hurting them bigly. Hope their organization dissolves.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021 07:12 PM by 450bench.)
11-25-2021 07:10 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I never give to the salvation army, because I'm not a part of their church. Same reason I don't give to St Jude-- I'm not a catholic and its a charity based on Catholicism. My own church does its own work with virtually no overhead.

If you give to lots of these charities that can afford to advertise on TV constantly, the people they help are last in line for the money. First comes more advertising, then comes the HQ/CEO/home Office/Administration, then comes money set aside for the future to invest, eventually comes the patients, but they are dead last on the list.

Same with Shriners. What started out as a personal or organizational project, evolves into something that ends up the thing that brings the organization its money instead of vice versa. And they evolve from being the ones providing the help, to asking for the money from others, but doing the work in their name.

big Charity is a very bad industry overall. I know some are better than others, but its an industry I shy away from. Finding people in need to help is the easiest thing in the world, at least in my location. I don't need tens of millions of dollars going to tv networks to tell me where they are.
11-25-2021 08:13 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(11-25-2021 08:13 PM)Todor Wrote:  I never give to the salvation army, because I'm not a part of their church. Same reason I don't give to St Jude-- I'm not a catholic and its a charity based on Catholicism. My own church does its own work with virtually no overhead.

If you give to lots of these charities that can afford to advertise on TV constantly, the people they help are last in line for the money. First comes more advertising, then comes the HQ/CEO/home Office/Administration, then comes money set aside for the future to invest, eventually comes the patients, but they are dead last on the list.

Same with Shriners. What started out as a personal or organizational project, evolves into something that ends up the thing that brings the organization its money instead of vice versa. And they evolve from being the ones providing the help, to asking for the money from others, but doing the work in their name.

big Charity is a very bad industry overall. I know some are better than others, but its an industry I shy away from. Finding people in need to help is the easiest thing in the world, at least in my location. I don't need tens of millions of dollars going to tv networks to tell me where they are.

You have a completely wrong view of St. Jude. They are the only charity I regularly support. They produce results each and every day in their battle against childhood diseases. No child is ever turned away and no parent ever has to worry about a bill. The theology behind their organization never entered my mind until just now when you mentioned it. I wouldn't care if they were Rastafarians.

Edit: However, I fully respect your right to donate to whichever charity you feel deserves it best. I applaud you for donating to any worthy cause.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021 08:48 PM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
11-25-2021 08:47 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

(11-25-2021 08:47 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(11-25-2021 08:13 PM)Todor Wrote:  I never give to the salvation army, because I'm not a part of their church. Same reason I don't give to St Jude-- I'm not a catholic and its a charity based on Catholicism. My own church does its own work with virtually no overhead.

You have a completely wrong view of St. Jude. They are the only charity I regularly support. They produce results each and every day in their battle against childhood diseases. No child is ever turned away and no parent ever has to worry about a bill. The theology behind their organization never entered my mind until just now when you mentioned it. I wouldn't care if they were Rastafarians.

Edit: However, I fully respect your right to donate to whichever charity you feel deserves it best. I applaud you for donating to any worthy cause.

They aren't turned away for lack of ability to pay, but they are turned away for other reasons. The theology behind an organization is the primary method I use to choose who NOT to give to, but there are so many churches and organizations clamoring for money, my options are many.

Catholics have what they claim is the body of Jude buried under St Peter's Basilica Rome. St Jude is a saint that Catholics pray to desperate and hopeless times. The entire nature of praying to a human who cannot help is not something I believe in. I know, I may be a stickler to some people, but I don't pray to humans or ask them for help, so its tough for me to use my money to encourage others to do so.

http://www.stjudeshrine.org/sj/prayers_to_st_jude/
11-25-2021 09:18 PM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
You are wrong about St. Jude Hospital and any relation to the church. Theology is not park of their mission.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021 09:32 PM by tigerlands.)
11-25-2021 09:31 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

(11-25-2021 09:31 PM)tigerlands Wrote:  You are wrong about St. Jude Hospital and any relation to the church. Theology is not park of their mission.

Theology is a big part of the very essence of why it exists.

From the St Jude web site

"Why Danny Thomas opened St. Jude

More than 70 years ago, Danny Thomas was a young entertainer with a baby on the way. Work wasn't easy to come by, and his despair grew. He turned to St. Jude Thaddeus, the patron saint of hopeless causes, and vowed:

Show me my way in life, and I will build you a shrine."

https://www.stjude.org/about-st-jude/his...mm-history

The entire operation is built as a shrine to St Jude. That's its goal, that's why it exists.

At the opening and unveiling of the 5,000 pound statue of St Jude brought from Italy, Danny Thomas said "To those of you who are Catholic, this is a symbol of our faith in St. Jude as the patron saint of hopeless causes and our dedication of this hospital as a shrine fulfilling a promise made to him.”

As a child he prayed to St Jude to return 10 fold some money he gave away. And he won a prize on the radio worth more than 10x his gift, so he become a worshipper of St Jude and prayed to him regularly and attributed many things in his life as gifts from St Jude.

I'm not saying they aren't great and do great work, but I'm not a catholic and I don't donate money to catholic shrines to St Jude.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2021 12:29 AM by Todor.)
11-25-2021 11:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.