Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Katie Couric
BEARCATDALE Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Katie Couric
I withheld RBG’s harsh anthem-kneeling comments to ‘protect’ her

Quote:Katie Couric has admitted that, in a 2016 interview, she withheld Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s harshest comments on kneeling during the national anthem.

The editing was done in an effort to “protect” the late Supreme Court justice, Couric wrote in her memoir, which was obtained by The Post. She revealed in “Going There,” which is out Oct. 26, that she felt that Ginsburg, who was 83 at the time of the interview, may not have totally gotten what Couric was asking her, as first reported by the Daily Mail.

She “was elderly and probably didn’t understand the question,” Couric explained in the 500-page scorched-earth biography in which no colleague, ex-boyfriend or acquaintance is safe from the former “Today” host’s brutal score-settling.

While the interview that was eventually published by Yahoo! News did include Ginsburg saying that she believes that not standing during the national anthem as an act of protest is “dumb and disrespectful,” it did not include her strongest condemnations of the act, according to Couric.
katie-couric-rbg

Translation: This is what true media bias looks like. It's not just how they spin what they report, it's what they decide not to report which also influences the masses.
10-13-2021 09:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: Katie Couric
She should have shut up and interpreted.
10-13-2021 09:59 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Couric is now 64 years old and probably feels she has nothing to lose at this point by settling all the scores in her life and calling spades for what they are.

As for RBG’s comments about kneeling during the national anthem, I can’t tell who broadcast the interview, or who has had possession of the film for these past 5 years. Why is Couric revealing RBG’s “full” words now?

One detail that seems to be passing through the media without comment, is that Couric believed RBG was too old and decrepit to understand the question being asked. And yet she kept on being a Supreme Court justice for another 4 years. Interesting.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021 06:23 PM by Native Georgian.)
10-14-2021 07:56 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
"Journalist"
10-14-2021 09:36 AM
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
[Image: 0dd082da-02fe-4f8b-8285-090181535ed6_text.gif]
10-14-2021 03:45 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
She “was elderly and probably didn’t understand the question,” Couric explained.

What an idiot.
(10-14-2021 07:56 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  One detail that seems to be passing through the media without comment, is that Couric believed RBG was too old and decrepit to understand the question being asked. And yet she kept on being a Supreme Court justice for another 4 years. Interesting.

KC is an idiot for not questioning that herself.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021 06:23 PM by Bronco'14.)
10-14-2021 06:22 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
In other words RBG didn’t answer how she expected so she edited RBG’s answers to fit the narrative of the day. Typical liberal media shenanigans….
10-14-2021 06:53 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Even worse Couric though she was too elderly to answer that question, but not elderly for the Supreme Court.
10-14-2021 09:02 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(10-14-2021 09:36 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  "Journalist"

Exactly. The correct term for what they are these days is "Propagandist". Goering would be so proud.
10-14-2021 09:36 PM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(10-14-2021 09:02 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Even worse Couric though she was too elderly to answer that question, but not elderly for the Supreme Court.

And she will get away with that ridiculous line of reasoning because propagandist never have to answer the follow up question.
10-14-2021 09:38 PM
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
(10-14-2021 09:02 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Even worse Couric though she was too elderly to answer that question, but not elderly for the Supreme Court.

If couric thought she couldn't understand and respond to questions, what was the point of interviewing her at all? So we know that wasn't the truth... More media manipulation of us.
10-14-2021 10:16 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

Really. Does leftism destroy brain cells? They don't understand how stupid they sound?
10-14-2021 11:34 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Aspen Institute’s ‘Commission On Information Disorder’ Silent On Couric’s Censorship Of RBG Quotes

Quote:One might assume a journalist employing deliberate censorship to protect a major interview subject would be a topic of concern for a think tank commission on media disinformation. It might even be a scandal if the interviewer was the chair of said commission.

But members of the Aspen Institute’s Commission on Information Disorder, co-chaired by Katie Couric, remain silent on the major revelation this week that Couric purposefully omitted major condemnations of NFL kneeling protests during the national anthem from since-deceased U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

In her forthcoming book, “Going There,” Couric revealed she selectively censored a 2016 interview with the 83-year-old justice to tone down Ginsburg’s criticisms because she “was elderly and probably didn’t understand the question.”

While the original interview in Yahoo News made headlines when Ginsburg called 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s kneeling stunt “dumb and disrespectful,” Couric left out the left-wing icon’s most seething criticism.

Below is an excerpt of what Couric said was omitted in an effort to “protect” the elderly justice, first reported by the Daily Mail:

[Not standing for the anthem shows a] contempt for a government that has made it possible for their parents and grandparents to live a decent life … which they probably could not have lived in the places they came from. … As they became older, they realize that this was youthful folly. And that’s what education is important.

“I think it’s a terrible thing to do,” Ginsburg added, a line included in the interview’s first publishing. “But I wouldn’t lock a person up for doing it. I would point out how ridiculous it seems to me to do such an act.”

The Aspen Institute did not respond to The Federalist’s inquiries. Not a single member of its 18-person commission, except for Couric, has addressed the selective censorship publicly. Chris Krebs, another co-chair of the commission who, as a former senior Homeland Security official, proclaimed the 2020 election “the most secure in American history,” did not respond to a direct request for comment. Neither did commission member Kathryn Murdock, a left-wing megadonor and wife of Rupert Murdock’s liberal son, James.

According to campaign finance reports chronicled by OpenSecrets, the pair gave “roughly $12.2 million to federal committees, ranking 25th on OpenSecrets’ list of top donors.”

“She also donated $540,000 to the Democratic Future Forward PAC, and $300,000 to Unite the Country, a pro-Biden PAC,” reported the financial transparency outlet.

The Aspen Institute’s commission, which also includes Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex, who believes the First Amendment is “bonkers,” is expected to soon release a report on disinformation with recommendations for government and corporate leaders to enhance their crusade on political dissidents.

Couric’s recent revelation that she concealed sharp criticism to pursue a preferred political narrative is on-brand for the longtime media activist.

In 2016, Couric deceptively edited a gun documentary to feature a silence stripped from an unrelated question to frame an awkward pause when asking a group of gun rights activists about background checks for buyers.

Now the author, who in January called for efforts to “deprogram” Republicans, is playing a pivotal role in the Aspen Institute’s anticipated report as co-chair of its commission.
10-15-2021 01:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.