10-12-2021 10:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
RE: Three Man Weave: Conference USA 2021-22 Preview
Very good preview.

Can't disagree with anything that was said. We should be a defensive nightmare. Our offense and shooting should definitely be improved, but may still be lacking. We have a very high ceiling should things gel and go according to plan.
10-12-2021 11:01 AM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Best preview of C-USA I have ever seen.

UAB, Louisiana Tech and WKU are excellent teams and all should be good enough to win games in the NCAA Tournament. The league has definitely gotten much better in MBB even at the bottom. Definitely the best it has been since the last realignment. In a fair world, C-USA would have a shot at 3-4 bids this year.

Also, can't find any fault in listing Louisiana Tech as the favorite. They have the best returning player and a deep team. Lofton is a beast. UAB still has to prove it that all these new pieces will mesh, but I love the roster.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021 11:53 AM by DuelingDragon.)
10-12-2021 11:52 AM
Advertisement

UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
Senior day will take longer for us this year for sure. Maybe the days of freshman are over for us with the portal so active.
10-13-2021 06:07 AM
blazers9911 Online
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(10-13-2021 06:07 AM)UABGrad Wrote:  Senior day will take longer for us this year for sure. Maybe the days of freshman are over for us with the portal so active.

As long as Kennedy keeps doing his thing, I'm not worried about that. Get a young guy here and there that you think you can develop, but for the most part that's not going to be successful anyway, because those guys can just leave as well.
10-13-2021 08:01 AM
Advertisement

Jball Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-13-2021 06:07 AM)UABGrad Wrote:  Senior day will take longer for us this year for sure. Maybe the days of freshman are over for us with the portal so active.

Portal will be the option for players going forward. Maybe an occasional high school player.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2021 03:44 PM by Jball.)
10-13-2021 03:43 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I think almost all the good midmajors will begin to rely heavily on the portal. There's high risk that the high school players you invest in developing will transfer for more PT before you reap the benefits of the work they've put in, and also, a lot of coaches would rather take a player who has proven themselves at the D1 level, even as just a role player, than the X factor of a high school player who isn't a 4 or 5 star. With coaches having short leashes before they get fired, they'll take less risk far more often than not.
10-13-2021 03:56 PM
Advertisement

bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

(10-13-2021 03:43 PM)Jball Wrote:  

Portal will be the option for players going forward. Maybe an occasional high school player.

Andy has said he wants to get the program back to the Gene Bartow standard, and the reality is, GB built the program in the early years mostly on D-I transfers (including Kennedy himself)--before there was such a thing called a portal. Jball, I know you'll remember just those first few years: Braden, Spicer, George Jones and McCord all came from other D-I programs, and then you add Giles and Anchrum on the team that went to the Elite 8. Within a few years, we had Drum, Gene Jones, Pruitt and Foster, then Kennedy, Kramer and DeVaughn. That's more than a dozen in the first 8 or 10 years of the program. And that doesn't include juco players (Leet, Scales, Marcus, Lane, Singleton, et al.) that helped build the program from players who all started somewhere else.
10-13-2021 04:35 PM
Jball Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-13-2021 04:35 PM)bftb Wrote:  
(10-13-2021 03:43 PM)Jball Wrote:  

Andy has said he wants to get the program back to the Gene Bartow standard, and the reality is, GB built the program in the early years mostly on D-I transfers (including Kennedy himself)--before there was such a thing called a portal. Jball, I know you'll remember just those first few years: Braden, Spicer, George Jones and McCord all came from other D-I programs, and then you add Giles and Anchrum on the team that went to the Elite 8. Within a few years, we had Drum, Gene Jones, Pruitt and Foster, then Kennedy, Kramer and DeVaughn. That's more than a dozen in the first 8 or 10 years of the program. And that doesn't include juco players (Leet, Scales, Marcus, Lane, Singleton, et al.) that helped build the program from players who all started somewhere else.

I do remember! Great times!
10-13-2021 05:28 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

3 graduate: Mike, Quan, Justin Brown
6 juniors
3 soph (2 on scholarship)
3 freshman.

Last year did not count towards eligibility. We will have 6 seniors on next years squad unless someone decides to transfer out or play overseas. Quan and Mike don't even count towards scholarship limits either. so we have 14 scholarship players on the team.

https://uabsports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
10-13-2021 10:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.