Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rocket Apathy
Bookmark and Share
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
Rocket Apathy
Is bad when a former player from the 90’s is encouraging his son to transfer out... This is from 2 weeks ago before the Ball State game...
I highly doubt he has changed his stance after this loss ... A bad look either way !! 03-banghead
10-09-2021 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
RE: Rocket Apathy
If Toledo doesn’t get rid of Candle by the end of season then this fan base better prepare for 5-6 win season for the rest of his contract.

I don’t know how anyone defends Candle anymore. He has to go…
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021 03:51 PM by Rocket_Fanatic.)
10-09-2021 03:50 PM
nworocket Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Toledo
(10-09-2021 03:50 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  If Toledo doesn’t get rid of Candle by the end of season then this fan base better prepare for 5-6 win season for the rest of his contract.

Amen.
10-09-2021 04:02 PM
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(10-09-2021 04:02 PM)nworocket Wrote:  
(10-09-2021 03:50 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  If Toledo doesn’t get rid of Candle by the end of season then this fan base better prepare for 5-6 win season for the rest of his contract.

Amen.

+1

We can and should be so much better!
10-09-2021 04:18 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

Who is going to pay for it? Doesn't he have a healthy buy-out?

I've no understanding the inside of these things. My thinking is, he wouldn't have gotten the million if not for the encourage of some of the big ticket supporters. Is it something O'Brian would and could do without some consultation with the money?

You don't get rid of one guy, particularly if it costs, if you're not REAL sure who is going to be on the market and do you have a shot at them.
10-09-2021 05:27 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
(10-09-2021 05:27 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

I've no understanding the inside of these things. My thinking is, he wouldn't have gotten the million if not for the encourage of some of the big ticket supporters. Is it something O'Brian would and could do without some consultation with the money?

You don't get rid of one guy, particularly if it costs, if you're not REAL sure who is going to be on the market and do you have a shot at them.

They have donors with deep pockets. They can go that route or take a loan out for all I care. If this AD gives any **** about this program or fan base, Candle is gone and replaced by either Kehres or Kugowliski or someone else. If you dont, you will have major attendance/donor issues the next couple of years not to mention the players that will probably transfer out after this season.

No one who is serious about Toledo football is going to tolerate this garbage. Candle needs fired and it needs to happen at the end of the year at the latest.
10-09-2021 05:36 PM
Advertisement

rockytop Offline
1st String

Agree. Candle has ruined Toledo football.
10-09-2021 06:33 PM
PittRocket Offline
2nd String

While I’d love to see Toledo be a dominant program, it seems most teams win a decent game or two, then lose some clunkers every season. Each season most teams go from pretty good to not very good at all.

With the exception of about 15 programs (all who have a ton more cash to apend than Toledo) most football programs are a mixed bag of performance.
10-09-2021 06:36 PM
rocket 51 Offline
1st String

It has been said over and over again that there are very, very few things that any of our BIG 3 programs lack here at UToledo. We should NOT have to have this type of output by the FB program.This does not look like a program that is motivated, driven or engaged. No way to let NIU defeat us do soundly.
10-09-2021 06:54 PM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Our head coach gets paid $1 million whether he wins or loses. There’s no reason for him to change. That’s what leads to apathy.
10-09-2021 07:01 PM
PrettyGoodRocket Offline
Special Teams

I think there is a general consensus that Candle needs to be gone, I also think there’s a general consensus, that none of us could pitch in enough money to fire the guy :(
10-09-2021 07:05 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-09-2021 07:05 PM)PrettyGoodRocket Wrote:  I think there is a general consensus that Candle needs to be gone, I also think there’s a general consensus, that none of us could pitch in enough money to fire the guy :(

I just choose not to. 05-duck
10-09-2021 07:41 PM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

Once we get a new AD I have to believe there will be big changes (if we hire the right guy). MOB seems to think mediocrity is OK.
10-10-2021 10:40 AM
rocketpaul Offline
1st String

Personally I don't see "Apathy" this post isn't apathy. Apathy is not caring you wouldn't be commenting if you were apathetic you wouldn't be looking at this board. BTW not that it matters to anyone here Candle had finally lost me which means he doesn't have many supporters out there.
10-10-2021 06:40 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

(10-10-2021 06:40 PM)rocketpaul Wrote:  Personally I don't see "Apathy" this post isn't apathy. Apathy is not caring you wouldn't be commenting if you were apathetic you wouldn't be looking at this board. BTW not that it matters to anyone here Candle had finally lost me which means he doesn't have many supporters out there.

Lost me too. I can’t believe the this offense is so pathetic. And it’s not the players. It’s coaching, plain and simple. I’m still trying to figure out why we keep getting the top recruiting class. I wouldn’t want to play for a team that looks that disorganized.
10-10-2021 07:58 PM
Lester Offline
Special Teams

(10-09-2021 05:27 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  

The buyout comes into play if the coach leaves voluntarily before his contract is up. Then he (or, in reality, his new school) has to pay the buyout. If he's fired, then UT has to pay him the rest of his contract, perhaps minus whatever he ends up making if he gets a new job during the life of his UT contract.
10-10-2021 09:08 PM
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Candle is owed $700K per year on the remaining contract if he is fired. He has 2 more years after this one, so that's $1.4M someone would have to pony up. If he finds another job before the end of the contract period, his new salary gets deducted from that.

His buyout to the University if he leaved voluntarily is $450K.
10-11-2021 08:31 AM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(10-11-2021 08:31 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Candle is owed $700K per year on the remaining contract if he is fired. He has 2 more years after this one, so that's $1.4M someone would have to pony up. If he finds another job before the end of the contract period, his new salary gets deducted from that.

His buyout to the University if he leaved voluntarily is $450K.

and are we asking a lame duck AD to hire the next football coach this December?
10-11-2021 10:04 AM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

It may be better to change coaches before the new AD. My thinking is cut your loses ASAP. But on the other hand. Maybe they have someone lined up already and he/she can bea part of the new hire.
10-11-2021 07:42 PM
indianasniff Offline
All American

Rocket Apathy
Dan Simrell 2.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-12-2021 01:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.