Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Marshall in talks with the AAC?
Bookmark and Share
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
Marshall in talks with the AAC?
Chuck Landon, a local reporter has indicated on facebook that Marshall and the AAC are in talks.

It's important to note that Landon does like not the AAC and is in fact a big proponent of Marshall joining the SBC. I only say that to say, the fact he said this means he has reliable sources who told him this information. I'm sure it killed him to even type those words.

Who knows what will happen, but I'm hoping the AAC makes their moves relatively soon so everyone can move on.
10-06-2021 09:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

sunamiwave Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Marshall in talks with the AAC?
Latest rumor floating around is that Marshall and UAB are headed to the AAC. These two schools would probably be the best additions that the AAC could make right now.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2021 10:10 PM by sunamiwave.)
10-06-2021 09:55 PM
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
There's no doubt the remnants of the AAC would like to rejoin with the ones they left behind in the CUSA. There are old rivalries there and some familiarity so the votes are likely there for UAB and Marshall and possibly Rice, UTEP and USM but I dont see them inviting them all. UAB and Marshall have the advantage.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2021 10:16 PM by WKUApollo.)
10-06-2021 10:15 PM
herdfan129 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall & Liberty
(10-06-2021 10:15 PM)WKUApollo Wrote:  There's no doubt the remnants of the AAC would like to rejoin with the ones they left behind in the CUSA. There are old rivalries there and some familiarity so the votes are likely there for UAB and Marshall and possibly Rice, UTEP and USM but I dont see them inviting them all. UAB and Marshall have the advantage.

I obviously hope we go to the AAC, but if we do then I hope we continue to play WKU in as many sports as possible and as many years as possible. Regardless of what happens, I have really enjoyed this rivalry we have built with WKU and have a lot of respect for WKU.
10-06-2021 10:26 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Online
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
If we lose UAB AND Marshall it would be quite a hit. It will take a LOT of money for Marshall. Could say more but it would not be fruitful. Could be these are just "get to know you" talks.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2021 10:39 PM by TOPSTRAIGHT.)
10-06-2021 10:33 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Where ever Marshall ends up I'll still support them. I like most who support Marshall want out of CUSA for the simple fact there is no leadership or structure at the top, which brings everything else down with it.

Most of the schools I like but there are some who do the bare minimum of what they need to do to stay DI and that also drags the rest of us down.
10-06-2021 10:40 PM
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Seconded. I will support MU if we stay in CUSA or go to the Belt or AAC.

If we stay, I will continue to enjoy playing our east division, USM, UAB, and Tech.

If we go to the Belt or AAC, I will welcome old rivalries as well as new schools.

They already know us. If they do want us, the details will be worked out. If not, well, here we are.
10-06-2021 10:47 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-06-2021 10:47 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  Seconded. I will support MU if we stay in CUSA or go to the Belt or AAC.

If we stay, I will continue to enjoy playing our east division, USM, UAB, and Tech.

If we go to the Belt or AAC, I will welcome old rivalries as well as new schools.

They already know us. If they do want us, the details will be worked out. If not, well, here we are.

This decision could have been made much more simple had the presidents and ADs forced Judy out when she done the bare minimum on the last TV negotiations or lack there of. I seriously think she signed the 1st thing CBS put in front of her and didn't even reach out ESPN to see what they would offer.

Maybe CUSA could have attracted someone that actually knew what to do. It would have been a start anyway.
10-06-2021 11:05 PM
All4One Offline
Banned

I Root For: Genuine & Unprivileged
(10-06-2021 09:49 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  Chuck Landon, a local reporter has indicated on facebook that Marshall and the AAC are in talks.

It's important to note that Landon does like not the AAC and is in fact a big proponent of Marshall joining the SBC. I only say that to say, the fact he said this means he has reliable sources who told him this information. I'm sure it killed him to even type those words.

Who knows what will happen, but I'm hoping the AAC makes their moves relatively soon so everyone can move on.

Marshall was one of those schools I thought could possibly go in the very beginning. I thought there was a possibility that market could be a huge draw back, but I think the AAC is prioritizing with decent football, respectable basketball, and a program that can raise its budget to meet AAC levels. Marshall does check all those boxes. Plus, Marshall provides a reasonable travel partner for an alienated Temple in the league's northeast footprint. Cannot fault Marshall or UAB for making that kind of move.
10-06-2021 11:17 PM
forphase1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
While Marshall has to take the invite, if it actually happens, there are quite a few teams I'm going to miss. And there are many teams in the AAC I don't care about, just as there are here in CUSA honestly. But I'll certainly miss some of the games and teams we've played over the past 10 years. But if offered we have to take it, even though travel will likely be even worse overall for us.
10-06-2021 11:28 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(10-06-2021 11:17 PM)All4One Wrote:  
(10-06-2021 09:49 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  Chuck Landon, a local reporter has indicated on facebook that Marshall and the AAC are in talks.

Marshall was one of those schools I thought could possibly go in the very beginning. I thought there was a possibility that market could be a huge draw back, but I think the AAC is prioritizing with decent football, respectable basketball, and a program that can raise its budget to meet AAC levels. Marshall does check all those boxes. Plus, Marshall provides a reasonable travel partner for an alienated Temple in the league's northeast footprint. Cannot fault Marshall or UAB for making that kind of move.

I have nothing against Marshall but you are
[Image: 566556565.png]

if you think adding 25% (around 40m) to 50% (Mid to high 40s) to a budget will be easy or Marshall's basketball is respectable. For the current CUSA it might be respectable but when half of the conference is awful. That's a low bar to set

ECU $59,970,346
USF $55,045,769
Memphis $55,815,109

But I will say if you got to spend that type of money to be as bad as 2 of those schools are basketball/football. I dont understand why any school looking to join that conference needs to spend that type of money. Its obvious the amount they spend has very little to do with winning
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2021 12:40 AM by WKUYG.)
10-06-2021 11:32 PM
Advertisement

MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course

Now this makes more sense for Marshall than the SBC. I would be happy for Marshall if this happened just as I will be happy for USM if they go to the SBC.
10-06-2021 11:32 PM
TOPSTRAIGHT Online
Heisman

And I would be happy for UTEP to be in the MW (really)--- but where does WKU go? Being in a conference w/o Marshall, UAB, and some of our other best schools does NOT sound good at all.
10-06-2021 11:43 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers

Link or screen capture?
10-07-2021 12:01 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

There are solid rumblings that Memphis and Boise are headed to the B12 sooner rather than later and that not right now but in a few years SMU and USF could join them.

I could see Tulsa replacing Boise now and in a few years could see a Texas team or two headed to the MWC.

Once everything stops spinning this time, I think it's going to start up again much sooner next time. But I think there will be less movement in say 2025/2026.
10-07-2021 12:02 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(10-06-2021 11:43 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  And I would be happy for UTEP to be in the MW (really)--- but where does WKU go? Being in a conference w/o Marshall, UAB, and some of our other best schools does NOT sound good at all.

I understand that. UTEP has only Rice that we've been with for a length of time and there is a strong chance they will be gone too. Our long time rivals are now in the MWC for the most part and UTEP is not going to be invited there. So we are in the aame boat.
10-07-2021 12:03 AM
Advertisement

All4One Offline
Banned

(10-06-2021 11:43 PM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  And I would be happy for UTEP to be in the MW (really)--- but where does WKU go? Being in a conference w/o Marshall, UAB, and some of our other best schools does NOT sound good at all.

With the Mountain West holding their ground, I believe this leaves the Texas CUSA schools very vulnerable as most expansion by the AAC and Sun Belt will be in the east.

I believe Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee will both turn their attention to the Mid-American Conference where they almost landed 8 years ago. There's something to be said about being in a stable conference, and the MAC is the most stable longest-tenured non-Power Conference in Division 1-A.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2021 12:32 AM by All4One.)
10-07-2021 12:32 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
(10-07-2021 12:32 AM)All4One Wrote:  

With the Mountain West holding their ground, I believe this leaves the Texas CUSA schools very vulnerable as most expansion by the AAC and Sun Belt will be in the east.

I believe Western Kentucky and Middle Tennessee will both turn their attention to the Mid-American Conference where they almost landed 8 years ago. There's something to be said about being in a stable conference, and the MAC is the most stable longest-tenured non-Power Conference in Division 1-A.

03-puke I really hope not
10-07-2021 12:35 AM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(10-07-2021 12:35 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  

Neither school is a rust belt school and have very little in common with our Yankee neighbors to the north. That is a move I dont see taking place.

If 5 schools leave CUSA including UAB and Marshall and if the other 3 are in the west...2 Texas and S. Miss.

The other 9 will take the extra 3 million over 2 years and build from there. Its not like if any school in CUSA leaves we need to replace Bama or UGA in football or a uk or Duke in basketball.

You add Liberty and stay at 10 and honestly Oct 7th 2010 Liberty is a better football add and just as good basketball add as any school leaving. Or you add JMU and bite the bullet and add NMST and basketball is actually better and football would just to build and prove it over the next couple years.

The hard part for Middle and Western if it some how was...

UAB
Marshall
ODU
UNCC
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2021 12:56 AM by WKUYG.)
10-07-2021 12:48 AM
All4One Offline
Banned

(10-07-2021 12:48 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(10-07-2021 12:35 AM)Ewglenn Wrote:  

Neither school is a rust belt school and have very little in common with our Yankee neighbors to the north. That is a move I dont see taking place.

If 5 schools leave CUSA including UAB and Marshall and if the other 3 are in the west...2 Texas and S. Miss.

The other 9 will take the extra 3 million over 2 years and build from there. Its not like if any school in CUSA leaves we need to replace Bama or UGA in football or a uk or Duke in basketball.

You add Liberty and stay at 10 and honestly Oct 7th 2010 Liberty is a better football add and just as good basketball add as any school leaving. Or you add JMU and bite the bullet and add NMST and basketball is actually better and football would just to build and prove it over the next couple years.

The hard part for Middle and Western if it some how was...

UAB
Marshall
ODU
UNCC

Kentucky was politically neutral during the Civil War.
10-07-2021 01:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.