Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Monday musings
Bookmark and Share
fanfrompowellspub Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU
Monday musings
EMU picks up the win in amherst and the natives aren't happy. Ten years ago any win over a fbs team deserved a parade down cross street. CC has taken this program to where there are expectations.
Seems like an embarrassing loss to WMU is enough to cause a coaching change in Ypsilanti.. who knew the loss was for the PiTT Panthers in duzz's fifth year.
EMU will take on Texas State which could be dubbed the missed opportunity bowl. EMUS vs Armadillos > Eagles vs Bobcats.
I am done with replay, it ruins game flow and wrecks officials confidence.
UofM has destroyed two MAC programs who have wins over ACC teams.
Think the MAC WEST is wide open could it be our year? Is it way too early in the morning to muse?
09-20-2021 05:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
RE: Monday musings
(09-20-2021 05:01 AM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  EMU picks up the win in amherst and the natives aren't happy. Ten years ago any win over a fbs team deserved a parade down cross street. CC has taken this program to where there are expectations.
Seems like an embarrassing loss to WMU is enough to cause a coaching change in Ypsilanti.. who knew the loss was for the PiTT Panthers in duzz's fifth year.
EMU will take on Texas State which could be dubbed the missed opportunity bowl. EMUS vs Armadillos > Eagles vs Bobcats.
Think the MAC WEST is wide open could it be our year? Is it way too early in the morning to muse?

Ball State getting blasted by Wyoming is a big deal to me. We won't know how good CMU is for a few weeks. Toledo played ND close but how much left do they have in the tank? the got blasted by Colorado St. Western looks like the class of the MAC West - but by how much? It's going to be a very entertaining season.
09-20-2021 07:01 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
For Monday Musings...

Has any university had a better parking arrangement than EMU?

https://emueagles.com/common/controls/im...ng_map.png

Compare and contrast to WFT (Washington Football Team): The stadium used to hold around 91k. Traffic is a royal mess. The streets going from the beltway to the stadium are not geared for this kind of vehicular traffic. Yes, traffic backs up onto the beltway, over a mile away.

DMV folks like to take the subway, but it is a 1.0 mile walk...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Morgan+B...076433!3e2
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021 10:42 AM by emu steve.)
09-20-2021 10:39 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

Pac-12 and SWAC to do home and home in hoops. Details in the Andy Katz interview.

https://twitter.com/TheAndyKatz/status/1...92641?s=20
09-20-2021 12:57 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

(09-20-2021 05:01 AM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  EMU picks up the win in amherst and the natives aren't happy. Ten years ago any win over a fbs team deserved a parade down cross street. CC has taken this program to where there are expectations.

Yeah. Look at the scores as they happened.

This was a convincing win!

https://emueagles.com/sports/football/st...core/12222
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021 02:40 PM by emu steve.)
09-20-2021 02:39 PM
TheWoodenNickle Online
Heisman

Monday musings
One of the ESPN prognosticators is predicting EMU v. Purdue in the Quick Lane Bowl. Yes please.
09-20-2021 04:06 PM
Advertisement

steve4840 Offline
1st String

(09-20-2021 04:06 PM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  One of the ESPN prognosticators is predicting EMU v. Purdue in the Quick Lane Bowl. Yes please.

That would be awesome. Attendance back when we were in it in '19 was 34,700 which was awesome. Bottom line is that QuickLane would LOVE to have EMU play in it again.

Previous years....
2018: 27,000
2017: 20,000
09-21-2021 09:05 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

Is EMU holding FB tryouts? Need a safety?

https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status...82182?s=20
09-23-2021 07:35 PM
fanfrompowellspub Offline
Special Teams

Parking is pretty bad on campus as EMU has let in a record number of freshman and many are commuting.
09-23-2021 08:41 PM
emu steve Online
Legend

I know today isn't Monday. And it isn't Friday. But if anyone wondered what Chad Bush is doing these days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc053XgCp1c

Starting at say 11:00 minute. Chad is doing streaming high school football. Looks like he has sponsors in Planet Fitness and Woodward Sports.

And my editorial comment: He is better on Friday nights than a lot of those ESPN3/+ guys are on Saturdays.

Chad is a natural. He is excellent and being able to call the game and also allow the conversation to flow between PxP and the analyst. NOT something Rob does well. The analyst augments the PxP person.
09-25-2021 05:16 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(09-25-2021 05:16 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I know today isn't Monday. And it isn't Friday. But if anyone wondered what Chad Bush is doing these days...

Starting at say 11:00 minute. Chad is doing streaming high school football. Looks like he has sponsors in Planet Fitness and Woodward Sports.

And my editorial comment: He is better on Friday nights than a lot of those ESPN3/+ guys are on Saturdays.

Chad is a natural. He is excellent and being able to call the game and also allow the conversation to flow between PxP and the analyst. NOT something Rob does well. The analyst augments the PxP person.

I loved Fountain and while Chad wasn't Fountain (and who is) I loved him calling the games.
09-25-2021 09:39 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Online
Legend

(09-25-2021 09:39 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(09-25-2021 05:16 AM)emu steve Wrote:  I know today isn't Monday. And it isn't Friday. But if anyone wondered what Chad Bush is doing these days...

I loved Fountain and while Chad wasn't Fountain (and who is) I loved him calling the games.

John Fountain could be your dad. Chad, your brother. Both have very easy personalities that folks can relate too and feel like you've known them for much of your life.
09-25-2021 10:14 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Friends,
In the early Boisture days, Eastern's announcers for football games were John and Sam, (I don't remember their last names) and they were from the broadcasting department at Eastern.
I just looked them up: John Seidelman and Sam Eiler. I thought they were very good announcers.
09-25-2021 10:28 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/colle...879730001/

This is crazy. Transferring mid-season from a nationally ranked team????

And they are playing, too.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021 05:14 AM by emu steve.)
09-27-2021 05:00 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

ESPN has us going to the Bahamas Bowl OR Quick Lane.

Opponents could be FAU or MINNESOTA.
09-27-2021 05:50 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

UofM, MSU, EMU, WMU, and CMU are a combined 16 - 4.

Lions are 0 - 3.

Saturdays are more fun...
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021 06:34 AM by emu steve.)
09-27-2021 06:32 AM
Advertisement

dansplaining Offline
All American

(09-27-2021 05:00 AM)emu steve Wrote:  https://www.freep.com/story/sports/colle...879730001/

They wont be able to play until next season - im sure theyll land on their feet.
09-27-2021 06:49 AM
emu steve Online
Legend

(09-27-2021 06:49 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  
(09-27-2021 05:00 AM)emu steve Wrote:  https://www.freep.com/story/sports/colle...879730001/

They wont be able to play until next season - im sure theyll land on their feet.

True. One is making a 'career' out of using the 4-game redshirt rule. For his sake I HOPE CORRECTLY.

He is using it for the SECOND time.

Maybe this kid will graduate from MSU before leaving and then use two more years getting a graduate degree elsewhere. Maybe become a Philadelphia lawyer?? 03-lmfao

BTW, the kid is from Detroit and at MSU (4 - 0) where does he plan to transfer to Alabama????

It's not like he is playing at (be nice) and wants to play a higher level competition.
09-27-2021 07:01 AM
dansplaining Offline
All American

(09-27-2021 07:01 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(09-27-2021 06:49 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  

True. One is making a 'career' out of using the 4-game redshirt rule. For his sake I HOPE CORRECTLY.

He is using it for the SECOND time.

Maybe this kid will graduate from MSU before leaving and then use two more years getting a graduate degree elsewhere. Maybe become a Philadelphia lawyer?? 03-lmfao

BTW, the kid is from Detroit and at MSU (4 - 0) where does he plan to transfer to Alabama????

It's not like he is playing at (be nice) and wants to play a higher level competition.

we have no idea why he wants to move on. maybe he doesnt like lansing. its not our business.
09-27-2021 07:54 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Friends,
Who cares about a Michigan State transfer, unless he's coming to Eastern, which I doubt.
09-27-2021 08:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.