UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

>>>>> 2021 BlazerTalk Tailgating FAQs and Information <<<<<
blazerjay Offline

I Root For: UAB
Donators
>>>>> 2021 BlazerTalk Tailgating FAQs and Information <<<<<
There is still a degree of uncertainty regarding Pre-game activities and specifics for the inaugural season at Protective Stadium. Please plan to arrive at least 1 hour earlier than you would have at Legion Field. The traffic is going to be a nightmare. Note that the directions on Blazer Gameday are not completely accurate and they are making a monumental mistake of funneling all traffic through 3 portals instead of utilizing the benefit of having a downtown grid of streets that are generally lightly traveled on Saturdays to spread traffic out. There has been no announcement of any game day street closings at this time, but don't be surprised if they wait to the last minute, as usual.

If you have any other questions that we haven't covered, ask in this thread and we will try to get an answer for you. (Derails and Smartassery in this thread will be dealt with swiftly.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW FOR 2021 – BLAZERTALK REWARDS

To encourage more active participation and to try to grow our numbers, we are going to try a participation program this season. There will coupons given out for various reasons as detailed below. At the UTEP tailgate, a winner will be chosen from all the coupons for prizes to be announced at the Liberty tailgate.

The more you participate, the more chances you get to win.

- Attend a Tailgate (1 coupon per week)
- Commit to bring food AND show up at least 15 minutes before the posted mealtime (1)
- Bring the item voted best contribution of the week (3 coupons)
- Bring a newbie to their first BlazerTalk tailgate (1 per newbie)
- Donate $ towards tailgating expenses (1 per every $5)
- Go above and beyond (varies)
- Games and Trivia (varies)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FAQS

• Where is the BlazerTalk Tailgate located for 2021?
We will be in northeast corner of the Gold Tailgate lot, overlooking Uptown and the south end zone of Protective Stadium. The lot is on the top (6th) floor of the Parking Deck behind the Westin Hotel, adjacent to Uptown. See below for detailed directions.

[Image: FATjv5NXEAMB4c9?format=jpg&name=900x900]

• I have food and/or supplies to bring, how do I get them to the tailgate area?
There are banks of elevators on the east and west sides of the parking deck

• What items are prohibited in UAB tailgating lots?
Charcoal Grills, glass bottles, loud sound systems, inappropriate signs and pets are prohibited.

• What time do tailgates start?
The tailgate lot opens 6 hours before kick-off, but pre-meal fellowship generally ramps up 3½-4 hours prior to kick-off.

• What time can we expect to eat?
This can vary from game to game, but we generally eat immediately after BlazerWalk (2 hours prior to kick-off). For the Liberty Game, we will try to eat before BlazerWalk to allow everyone to enjoy the atmosphere and get into the Stadium early enough to look around before pre-game festivities begin.

• Where will Blazer Walk be in 2021?
It is our understanding that the team will exit the buses on 23rd street and walk north straight through Uptown and directly into the South Gate of Protective stadium. That puts BlazerWalk directly below and viewable from the BlazerTalk tailgate area.

• Where will Blazer Village be in 2021?
Blazer Village will be located on the eastern end of Uptown and will be open from 4 hours before the game until 30 minutes prior to kick-off.

• How far is the walk from the tailgate to Protective Stadium?
The South Gate of Protective Stadium is a short two block walk from the gold tailgate lot.

• How long can I hang out after the game?
The tailgate lots close 90 minutes after the conclusion of each game.

• Do I need to wear a mask at the tailgate?
After much deliberation, we have decided to leave that issue to everyone’s personal discretion. If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask, please do, but they are not required to participate in the BlazerTalk tailgates at this time. We have secured ample room for this season, allowing folks to social distance as they feel appropriate.

• Will hand sanitizer be provided?
Yes, we will have hand sanitizer at the tailgate. In addition, UAB is providing hand-washing stations throughout each tailgate lot.

• Are there any other rules or guidelines for the BlazerTalk tailgate?
Only a few. 1) No talking politics, everyone has their own opinion, and it only leads to arguments. 2) We are a pretty laid-back group, except when it comes to losing, so relax and try to have fun!

• Must I bring food to participate?[/b][/color]
While we would prefer that you add to the bounty that abounds at the BlazerTalk tailgates, you certainly are not required to. We do ask that those who choose or are unable to bring food or drink donate $5 per person towards the season’s expenses.

• How do I sign up to bring something / how do I know what to bring?
A tailgating thread will be posted on the main message board in advance of each tailgate, usually a week in advance. In those posts there will be a listing of the main and featured foods. Some weeks, there may be suggested items to sign up for. The easiest rule of thumb is bring something good ? We do ask that if you do commit to food, please arrive no later than 15 minutes before the posted meal times. If your food is going to require cooking or reheating, please arrive with ample enough time for that to been completed before the posted meal time with the limited grill space that we will have.

• Will there be alcoholic beverages?
Generally we are BYOB. If you would like to partake, feel free to bring what you like. Bring some extra to share!

• Do I have to be a member of the Message Board at BlazerTalk to participate?
While we would prefer that everyone join in the conversation at BlazerTalk, that is most definitely not a requirement for joining us for an enjoyable day at the stadium.

• Do I have to sign up or RSVP to reserve a spot at the tailgate?
While not required, it is certainly appreciated to shout out in that week's tailgate thread to help us gauge food and supplies needs for the day.

• What do I need to bring?
In addition to any food and/or beverage that you have signed up for, you should bring enough seating for your party.

• Are donations accepted/How do I pay you?
Most definitely! Cash is always best, but we do have a Venmo that you can send money to electronically.

DIRECTIONS

1. The Gold Tailgate lot is located on the top floor of the Parking Deck between the Westin Hotel and the Interstate along 22nd @ 23rd Streets.

2. Enter deck here (23rd Street side) - Alternate entrance on 22nd Street. If you are parking in the Loyalty Lot (lower floors of the same deck), skip to 3.
[Image: E5o7BXAWEAcawQd?format=jpg&name=large]

3. Elevators - The closest elevators are located on the East side of the parking deck.
[Image: E5o7BuhX0AcSOp3?format=jpg&name=large]

4. Proceed to 6th Floor
[Image: E5o7CD3WUAUce7i?format=jpg&name=large]

5. Turn right exiting elevators - The BlazerTalk tailgate will be directly in front of you.
[Image: E5o7M3wWUAIndiX?format=jpg&name=large]
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2021 01:56 PM by blazerjay.)
09-18-2021 09:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
RE: >>>>> 2021 BlazerTalk Tailgating FAQs and Information <<<<<
There are usually two or three main tailgate providers for food choices. Those of us who would like to supplement their contributions need an address for sending a check (for us old fashioned folks). Can one be posted on this thread?
09-20-2021 02:08 PM
blazerjay Offline

I Root For: UAB
Donators
RE: >>>>> 2021 BlazerTalk Tailgating FAQs and Information <<<&...
(09-20-2021 02:08 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  There are usually two or three main tailgate providers for food choices. Those of us who would like to supplement their contributions need an address for sending a check (for us old fashioned folks). Can one be posted on this thread?

New Life Art
Attn: Jeff Padgett
3600 Lorna Ridge Drive
Hoover, AL 35216
09-20-2021 03:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.