Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

California recall election thread:
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
RE: California recall election thread:
(09-15-2021 08:40 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  I'm not sure why this is surprising. Recalls in California are fairly easy to initiate. You only need signatures amounting to 12% of total number of votes cast in the last election and you have plenty of time to amass those signatures. Just because there's a recall movement in Cali doesn't mean there's widespread support for actually removing the guy from office.

Also, Democrats outnumber Republicans in California by a 2 to 1 margin. Weird how a state flush with democrats voted to keep their democratic governor...

But let's keep up this narrative that every election that doesn't go your way is rife with fraud.

Personally I agree with you. California should continue all its hate business policies, excessive tax burden, suffocating laws against ONLY AMERICANS CITIZENS because this allows states like Texas gain more of California’s largest companies which in turn raises our standard of living. Carry on lunatics.

Let’s see Tesla, Charles Schwab, Oracle to name a few. I’m sure there will be more cherry picking to come.

Even the Hollywood clowns are leaving. Who would’ve thought.

Yeah, we get a corrupt crony in Newsome back. That just warms my heart that all the folks in California know their place.
09-15-2021 09:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
In summary, Californians will have to continue to navigate human sh*t on their streets and sidewalks because its a racist state.
09-15-2021 09:06 AM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Cracks are showing:

- It took decades for the Dems to build a iron fist rule in Ca so the reversal won’t happen overnight in one recall but the cracks are showing

- California is the deepest blue state in the country and yet Newsom had to scramble and spend $68 million and bring in the machine to fight off a yes vote

- Newsom lost some counties to yes votes that both he and Biden won

- As in the 2020 election, a number of Hispanics is moving away from the Dems

- the major problem is the CA Republican Party, they play defense too much and didn’t step up their game in getting more involve and they have stale old arguments that doesn’t resonate to working class Californians. Trump was much better at it
09-15-2021 09:11 AM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Look Newsome legitimately won because California is infested with idiots who would vote for communism. Not a surprising result. That said, let's not pretend that Dems didn't cheat. They got their cheating machine ready with drug dealers harvesting ballots and mail-in voter fraud. They just didn't need it to win this time. We have to guard against this stuff in states where it's actually close.
09-15-2021 09:37 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Why does anyone not in California care what happens there? They could drop off into the ocean and I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep.
09-15-2021 09:41 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(09-15-2021 09:41 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Why does anyone not in California care what happens there? They could drop off into the ocean and I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep.

Some thought that is the recall was close it could be a precursor to a GOP takeover in Congress.
09-15-2021 09:50 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

Not sure how one relates to the other. California is hopelessly libtard, the rest of the country not so much.
09-15-2021 09:54 AM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(09-15-2021 09:50 AM)fsquid Wrote:  Some thought that is the recall was close it could be a precursor to a GOP takeover in Congress.

There is this fairly widespread notion that republicans are going to be swept back into control of both houses of congress in the 2022 midterms. If they don't get their act together, they aren't. They are very vulnerable in the senate with 20 seats standing for re-election versus only 14 democrats. Picking up seats given that configuration going in is very difficult, and the net loss of a seat or two is possible.

Once again, republicans are playing stupid party to democrats' evil party.
09-15-2021 09:56 AM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(09-15-2021 09:54 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Not sure how one relates to the other. California is hopelessly libtard, the rest of the country not so much.

Have to agree with this. Most of the people who could vote Republican in that state have either left already or are making their plans. That one is going to rot on the vine and is a poor bell weather example for the rest of the country.
09-15-2021 09:58 AM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(09-15-2021 09:54 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Not sure how one relates to the other. California is hopelessly libtard, the rest of the country not so much.

Interesting. I have dozens of friends in California and none of them are liberals.
09-15-2021 10:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn

Please, Massachusetts is a close second. Other than Governor and a rouge senator once in a while we sh*t blue.
09-15-2021 11:01 AM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
09-15-2021 11:07 AM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(09-15-2021 11:01 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  

Please, Massachusetts is a close second. Other than Governor and a rouge senator once in a while we sh*t blue.

At least you guys have the excuse of having your brains frozen for 3-4 months every year. Most of California, at least the major population centers, only have their own hedonist imbecility to blame.

In some ways, Virginia is worst of all. We were once sensible but then sold our political souls to the deep state.
09-15-2021 11:14 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

Curious how they managed to count all these votes, including mail in, in one night.

When swing states in November took 3 weeks.
09-16-2021 12:03 PM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(09-16-2021 12:03 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Curious how they managed to count all these votes, including mail in, in one night.

They're still counting the votes. The margin was large enough to call it unofficially for Newsom.
09-16-2021 12:36 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
plus, I think they can count them as they come in like Florida does.
09-16-2021 12:48 PM
Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
(09-15-2021 09:41 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Why does anyone not in California care what happens there? They could drop off into the ocean and I wouldn't lose a minutes sleep.

Finally something that you and I can agree with.

04-cheers
09-17-2021 10:12 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(09-16-2021 12:03 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Curious how they managed to count all these votes, including mail in, in one night.

We've only explained this to you like a dozen times now. Why can you still not understand it?

In November, at least 2 key states (MI and PA) were prevented by their GOP lead state legislatures from counting any votes before the morning of the election. I believe in both states the democrats sought to have mail in ballots counted ahead but the GOP would not change the state laws to make this happen. Florida, however, did make such a change and their votes were counted in short order.

Therefore, MI and PA started counting mail-in ballots the morning of the election, but once their polls closed, they moved to counting the same day in person votes, which mostly came from Republicans. So, since mail-in ballots are mostly used by democrats...and by state law were counted later than same day votes...trump had the early lead, and then lost that lead when the democrat heavy mail in ballots were processed.

Additionally, I don't believe any state concludes their counting on the day of or the day after the election. Most all have late arriving military and overseas ballots to count and they need to deal with provisional ballots and other normal issues related to ballots, etc....so bottom line...many take days and weeks before they have 100% reporting and a final tally. Granted, some of these states just have horrific processes in place (here's looking at you New York) that need to be upgraded and replaced...which takes money.

Lastly, California is currently estimated at only 78% of ballots counted as of last night.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gavin-n...esults-map
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2021 10:37 AM by Redwingtom.)
09-17-2021 10:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.