Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2021 Football Game Time Speculation/Announcements
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
RE: 2021 Football Game Time Speculation/Announcements
(09-20-2021 08:04 PM)schmolik Wrote:  OTA Games By Conference Package (Home Games): Games Up To 10/2 Only

Big 10: 10 (FOX 6, ABC 4)
Big 12: 8 (FOX 4, ABC 4)
ACC: 5 (All ABC)
Pac 12: 5 (FOX 4, ABC 1)
SEC: 3 (All CBS)
Notre Dame: 2 (All NBC)
AAC: 2 (All ABC)
MWC: 1 (CBS)

FOX still is required to air four more Pac 12 games. I am not sure if their 10:30pm USC-Stanford game counts as a "prime time" game. LSU-UCLA was one of FOX's four required prime time Pac-12 games. ABC still is required to air at least one more Pac 12 game and that game must be in prime time "on the East Coast". Certainly Notre Dame-Stanford would count. Oregon-UCLA (Oct. 23) would be a good choice for a prime time if ABC gets it. Another strategy for ABC if they get neither Oregon-UCLA or Notre Dame-Stanford would be to "burn" their prime time game on the week CBS airs a prime time SEC week (in this case, Oct. 9) since they're going to have low ratings anyway. I would say World Series week but ABC doesn't usually concede vs. the World Series (in 2019 they aired Notre Dame-Michigan vs. the World Series). I wouldn't be surprised if FOX gets Oregon-UCLA that it's their Big Nooner.

AAC also had the AirForce at Navy game on CBS.

Yes, the CBSSN/CBS deal for Navy home game inventory was a deal with the AAC.
09-21-2021 07:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
(09-21-2021 07:49 AM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  
(09-20-2021 08:04 PM)schmolik Wrote:  OTA Games By Conference Package (Home Games): Games Up To 10/2 Only

Big 10: 10 (FOX 6, ABC 4)
Big 12: 8 (FOX 4, ABC 4)
Pac 12: 5 (FOX 4, ABC 1)
SEC: 3 (All CBS)
AAC: 2 (All ABC)

FOX still is required to air four more Pac 12 games. I am not sure if their 10:30pm USC-Stanford game counts as a "prime time" game. LSU-UCLA was one of FOX's four required prime time Pac-12 games. ABC still is required to air at least one more Pac 12 game and that game must be in prime time "on the East Coast". Certainly Notre Dame-Stanford would count. Oregon-UCLA (Oct. 23) would be a good choice for a prime time if ABC gets it. Another strategy for ABC if they get neither Oregon-UCLA or Notre Dame-Stanford would be to "burn" their prime time game on the week CBS airs a prime time SEC week (in this case, Oct. 9) since they're going to have low ratings anyway. I would say World Series week but ABC doesn't usually concede vs. the World Series (in 2019 they aired Notre Dame-Michigan vs. the World Series). I wouldn't be surprised if FOX gets Oregon-UCLA that it's their Big Nooner.

AAC also had the AirForce at Navy game on CBS.

Yes, the CBSSN/CBS deal for Navy home game inventory was a deal with the AAC.

Updated. Thank you for catching it. In Matt's American page, Navy is listed separately so I forgot about it.

https://mattsarzsports.com/Contract/Game...UomsiuSmM8
09-21-2021 01:41 PM
schmolik Offline

Updated 10/9 Guesses:

First, a confirmation from Penn State:
https://gopsusports.com/news/2021/9/25/f...n-fox.aspx

Kind of interesting that they aren't the "Big Nooner" as it shapes up to be FOX's biggest game of the day that day. Oklahoma-Texas is that day but Texas's website says the game will be on ABC or ESPN (after UT scored 70 points yesterday, I'd have to believe ABC) so FOX can't possibly have the rights to that game. Why would FOX go away from their "Big Noon Saturday" strategy on Oct. 9?

1) They think Oklahoma-Texas will air at noon on ABC at that time and want to win the mid afternoon slot (normally CBS's big SEC game but CBS is airing a prime time game that night so it will be the SEC's #2 game).

2) Maryland-Ohio State is locked in for a noon start (it's their Homecoming). Maybe the Big Ten asked for the two games to not air at the same time. Maybe FOX has both games and wants to air Md-OSU on FOX so the only way to do so is to air PSU-Iowa at 4pm. Right now Maryland is still undefeated (although they host Iowa Friday) so Maryland-Ohio State, while not as valuable as Penn State-Iowa, still has some value. If FOX did have both games, they wouldn't want to bump Md-OSU to FS1 and worse have the two games on at the same time and kill each other in the ratings.

This is a shot in the dark but here goes nothing:

FOX:
Maryland at Ohio State, noon
Penn State at Iowa, 4pm
Utah at USC, 8pm (FOX's 2nd required Pac 12 prime time game)

CBS:
Georgia at Auburn, 3:30pm
Alabama at Texas A&M, 8pm (Hurts that A&M lost though)

ABC:
Oklahoma vs. Texas in Dallas, noon
Boise State at BYU, 3:30pm
Michigan at Nebraska, 7:30pm (After Michigan's close call vs. Rutgers and Nebraska's close call vs. Michigan State, I feel more confident in this one, and honestly there really isn't much else for ABC to choose other than to burn their Pac 12 game, UCLA vs. a winless Arizona?).

ESPN:
Arkansas at Mississippi, noon (Both teams are still undefeated although I'd be shocked if Ole Miss is still undefeated after they leave Tuscaloosa)
SEC games likely not allowed on ESPN vs. CBS games
UCLA at Arizona, 3:30pm
Florida State at North Carolina, 7pm

Notre Dame at Virginia Tech is committed to ACCN.

BTN needs two games on Oct. 9 and only two Big Ten games, Rutgers at Michigan State and Wisconsin at Illinois, remain available after Maryland at Illinois and Michigan at Nebraska (Penn State at Iowa already assigned to FOX).
09-26-2021 06:38 AM
schmolik Offline

I was right about the Big Ten.

[Image: FATwYe6UUAEJf6e?format=jpg&name=medium]

For a bonus, here's the SEC.

[Image: FATj6uCVUBM-poP?format=jpg&name=medium]

They are using a 6 day hold between Georgia-Auburn and Mississippi-Arkansas. The obvious game is the two A-list teams on CBS and the two B-list teams on ESPN. But if both Ole Miss and Arkansas win, then it would make sense to have two undefeated teams in the SEC Game of the Week. And what are the chances of both of them winning? What are the chances of either of them winning this week? Of course how many people though Arkansas would beat Texas A&M?

We have a few other games in contention for the 3:30pm game on ABC.
09-27-2021 04:01 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(09-27-2021 04:01 PM)schmolik Wrote:  I was right about the Big Ten.

[Image: FATwYe6UUAEJf6e?format=jpg&name=medium]

For a bonus, here's the SEC.

They are using a 6 day hold between Georgia-Auburn and Mississippi-Arkansas. The obvious game is the two A-list teams on CBS and the two B-list teams on ESPN. But if both Ole Miss and Arkansas win, then it would make sense to have two undefeated teams in the SEC Game of the Week. And what are the chances of both of them winning? What are the chances of either of them winning this week? Of course how many people though Arkansas would beat Texas A&M?

We have a few other games in contention for the 3:30pm game on ABC.

I think ESPN gets the 1st SEC choice since it's that DH weekend.
09-27-2021 10:22 PM
schmolik Offline

(09-27-2021 10:22 PM)stever20 Wrote:  For a bonus, here's the SEC.

I think ESPN gets the 1st SEC choice since it's that DH weekend.
[/quote]

According to Matt Sarzyniak's website for the SEC:

https://mattsarzsports.com/Contract/Game...VLfLjHMKM8

(09-12-2021 09:39 AM)schmolik Wrote:  Conference Notes (Courtesy of Matt Sarzyniak):

SEC:

CBS has the rights to 12-15 regular season games and the conference championship. Up to two of those games can be non-conference games. CBS will always have the top choice of SEC games on a weekly basis. When CBS does a doubleheader that includes a primetime game, CBS can choose the top two games on a given weekend. When they do a doubleheader that includes a 12pm game, it must allow ESPN to reserve two games before selecting their next game. Also, a school may not appear on CBS more than five times during the season, with some exceptions allowing for a sixth appearance. The SEC Championship Game is never part of the appearance count.

ESPN Networks has the rights to remaining SEC home games, primarily prime time telecasts. A content board will be established to determine which games will air on ESPN and the SEC Network. The plan is to air a tripleheader of games every week. There will overflow or alternate feeds of the network to allow for multiple games to air in a single telecast window.
09-28-2021 04:25 AM
schmolik Offline

OTA Games By Conference Package (Home Games): Games Up To 10/9 Only

Big 10: 13 (FOX 8, ABC 5)
Big 12: 9 (ABC 5, FOX 4)
Pac 12: 6 (FOX 5, ABC 1)
SEC: 5 (All CBS)
AAC: 3 (ABC 2, CBS 1)
BYU: 1 (ABC)

FOX: Big Ten 8, Pac 12 5, Big 12 4
ABC: Big Ten 5, Big 12 5, ACC 5, AAC 2 (both hosted P5 opponents), Pac 12 1, BYU 1
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2021 09:07 PM by schmolik.)
10-02-2021 09:06 PM
schmolik Offline

Oct. 16 Speculation:

FOX has no mid afternoon window:
FOX:
Big Nooner: Michigan State at Indiana (Homecoming Game, locked in)
8pm: TCU at Oklahoma

ABC:
noon: Oklahoma State at Texas
3:30pm: Purdue at Iowa (Homecoming Game, locked in)
SNF: UCF at Cincinnati (I can see Gameday here)

CBS: (DH, CBS gets #1 and #4 picks from the SEC)
noon: Auburn at Arkansas
3:30pm: Kentucky at Georgia (Currently both teams are undefeated)

ESPN:
noon: Florida at LSU
3:30pm: Miami at North Carolina, Pittsburgh at Virginia Tech, or NC State at Boston College (I'll say 6 day hold, if I had to pick one I'll just say Pittsburgh/Virginia Tech)
7pm: Alabama at Mississippi State
10:30pm: UCLA at Washington
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2021 07:45 AM by schmolik.)
10-02-2021 09:28 PM
schmolik Offline

SEC on CBS notes:

https://mattsarzsports.com/Contract/Game...VrmkjHMKM8
Alabama: 3 (Florida 9/18, Mississippi 10/2, Texas A&M 10/9)
Texas A&M: 2 (Arkansas 9/25, Alabama 10/9)
Georgia: 1 (Auburn 10/9)
Auburn: 1 (Georgia 10/9)
Mississippi: 1 (Alabama 10/2)
Arkansas: 1 (Texas A&M 9/25)
Florida: 1 (Alabama 9/18)

"Also, a school may not appear on CBS more than five times during the season, with some exceptions allowing for a sixth appearance. The SEC Championship Game is never part of the appearance count."

I can't recall when the sixth appearance was ever granted and the year Alabama had reached five before the Iron Bowl it aired on ESPN (https://mattsarzsports.com/Contract/Game...ngjHMKM8).

We can assume CBS only has two Alabama games left and one of them is Auburn (right now Auburn has only lost to Penn State at Penn State so they have to still be considered a top SEC team and a monster draw). LSU is a game CBS has always had in the years I can remember. Many years LSU-Alabama is a prime time game but CBS will use its prime time game on Alabama/Texas A&M this Saturday and it wasn't in 2019 (ironically the Joe Burrow year, the year they wished it was in prime time). But LSU has already lost twice and the loss to UCLA doesn't look too good after UCLA has dropped two consecutive home games.

Could CBS possibly consider giving up LSU/Alabama in favor of another Alabama game? CBS already has Georgia/Florida for Oct. 30. Alabama's playing New Mexico State on Nov. 13 so that game has zero chance of CBS wanting it. CBS's other games are Oct. 23 vs. Tennessee and Nov. 20 vs. Arkansas. Arkansas right now looks like the best of the three teams but Tennessee looked pretty good winning at Missouri and Tennessee-Alabama is a rivalry game and by Nov. 20 Arkansas may have lost several games.

The other consideration is what other games are available on Oct. 23, Nov. 6, and Nov. 20. Right now if you're CBS, you're buying Georgia, the 2nd best team in the country. Florida lost to Kentucky, Texas A&M lost at home to Mississippi State, LSU you're not too sure about. I'd want to get as many Georgia games as I can. Of those three dates, the only conference game they play is Nov. 6 vs. Missouri (they don't play Oct. 23 and play Charleston Southern on Nov. 20). Missouri isn't a top draw but at least they're a populous state. So I'd take them automatically (along with Kentucky-Georgia on Oct. 16 and Georgia-Tennessee on Nov. 13).

That leaves Oct. 23 and Nov. 20 to use Alabama. If you don't take Tennessee-Alabama on Oct. 23, you're left with Mississippi-LSU (LSU goes to Kentucky and hosts Florida in the next two weeks, they could have three or even four losses, Mississippi's games aren't gimmes either, home to Arkansas and at Tennessee, plus they're a tiny state and they share it with Mississippi State) or South Carolina-Texas A&M (A&M gives you Texas but they're a dumpster fire, guaranteed to have three losses and if you can lose to Miss State at home you can lose to anybody). If you don't take Arkansas-Alabama on Nov. 20, Florida-Missouri (Florida has two losses and probably three after they play Georgia) or Auburn-South Carolina (Auburn likely loses to Georgia but might make it to South Carolina without losing another although it will be tough).

CBS knows they can't use Alabama every week. They've been in that situation every year. Unfortunately for them Texas A&M looks like they're going to suck this year, Florida might not be that good, and neither is LSU. They've got a monster in Georgia and need to capitalize on them as their second gun. If they insist on Alabama-LSU, they're giving up on a Georgia game and will have to concede both Oct. 23 and Nov. 20 to B list games. Missouri-Georgia isn't Alabama-LSU but at least you'll get Georgia fans and this year that's worth something. It's similar to 2019 when they had a Joe Burrow LSU team, CBS needed to get them on as much as they could the weeks they couldn't get Alabama on. Ideally CBS would like Georgia, Florida, and Texas A&M to all have good years the same year and CBS will have a great draw every week. Unfortunately for them, this doesn't look like one of those years.

By contrast, the Big Ten has to be enjoying the fact that Penn State and Michigan are still undefeated going into October (ironically Ohio State has a loss which does hurt the conference). If all three of them are winning into November, the Big Ten's going to be getting a lot of eyeballs this year. Last year Penn State and Michigan played the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Penn State was 0-5 and Michigan wasn't much better.
10-04-2021 07:13 AM
schmolik Offline

Big Ten:

[Image: FA3su4aXoAcUQO5?format=jpg&name=medium]

SEC:

[Image: FA3zuFoWUAIrPnI?format=jpg&name=medium]

First CBS appearance for Kentucky since 2018 (also vs. Georgia on 11/3/18)
https://mattsarzsports.com/Contract/Game...VtKyzHMKM8

OTA Games By Conference Package (Home Games): Games Up To 10/16 Only

Big 10: 14 (FOX 8, ABC 6)
Big 12: 11 (ABC 6, FOX 5)
SEC: 7 (All CBS)
Pac 12: 7 (FOX 6, ABC 1)
AAC: 4 (ABC 3, CBS 1)

FOX: Big Ten 8, Pac 12 6, Big 12 5
ABC: Big Ten 6, Big 12 6, ACC 5, AAC 3, Pac 12 1, BYU 1
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2021 07:39 PM by schmolik.)
10-04-2021 01:43 PM
schmolik Offline

Oct. 23 Predictions:

FOX:
Big Nooner: Northwestern (did I say Northwestern?) at Michigan
3:30pm: Oregon at UCLA
No prime time window, I assume because of baseball

CBS:
3:30pm: South Carolina at Texas A&M (Good for CBS to have A&M back)

ABC:
noon: Oklahoma State at Iowa State (Ok State's still undefeated but this game's gonna suck in the ratings)
3:30pm: Clemson at Pittsburgh
SNF: Ohio State at Indiana

NBC:
7:30pm: USC at Notre Dame (already scheduled)

ESPN:
noon: LSU at Mississippi
3:30pm: Oklahoma at Kansas (It's still Oklahoma)
7pm: Tennessee at Alabama

CBS passes on Alabama for now and takes advantage of Texas A&M mania when it has the chance. LSU is now the worst team in the SEC West with three overall losses (in conference, LSU, Texas A&M, and Arkansas all have two losses).

In the Big Ten, ABC has yet to get an Ohio State game. I expect that to change a lot in the next few weeks. FOX and ABC (ESPN) are supposed to pick first an equal number of times a season. Based on the first few weeks, it was obvious that FOX picked first Sept. 4 (Penn State/Wisconsin), Sept. 11 (Oregon/Ohio State), Sept. 25 (Notre Dame/Wisconsin), and Oct. 2 (Michigan/Wisconsin). They also will pick first Nov. 27 (Ohio State/Michigan). Since this past week FOX got both Maryland/Ohio State and Penn State/Iowa, there's a decent chance that FOX picked first as well. ABC probably picked first Sept. 18 (Auburn/Penn State). I expect a big run of weeks that ABC will get the top pick in upcoming weeks with a lot of Ohio State games featured. With Michigan still undefeated, expected FOX to choose Michigan as its Big Ten choice over now once beaten Penn State (especially if Sean Clifford's status is uncertain). Penn State can then get its BTN game out of the way vs. Illinois in the Schmolik Alum Bowl (will become an annual game the next Big Ten cycle). Michigan is down to Indiana or Maryland as its BTN conference game. If Northwestern makes it on FOX (or ABC), every Big Ten team will have appeared on either FOX or ABC this season (although Michigan State's ABC appearance was on the ACC package at Miami).

ABC knows whether or not it has the rights to Notre Dame/Stanford (and Oregon/UCLA). If ABC does not have the rights to ND/Stanford and does have the rights to Oregon/UCLA, I don't think they're going to get a better Pac-12 game the rest of the season so they should make it their prime time game. Oregon still has Washington on Nov. 6 and Utah on Nov. 20. If FOX gets Oregon/UCLA and thinks Northwestern really sucks, maybe they make Oregon/UCLA their Big Nooner? Had Oregon not lost to Stanford, I would have. UCLA also lost two home games. But it would make a convenient Big Noon Saturday "road trip" for the FOX crew:)

Would Cincinnati/Navy warrant the noon slot on ABC? It is locked into a noon slot. ESPN probably wants an SEC game at noon. Would ABC trust a 1-4 Navy team there? Do they trust a probably undefeated Cincinnati to carry them? Are Oklahoma State and Iowa State really that much better?

I would say the next two Saturdays aren't going to be that great for college football watching, especially next Saturday with Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State not playing. If your wife or girlfriend is forcing you to go to a wedding, better next Saturday than yesterday or Oct. 30 when Penn State/Ohio State, Michigan/Michigan State, or Georgia/Florida are playing.

Speaking of Oct. 30, I assume ABC will have the first Big Ten pick. It looks like Michigan and Michigan State will both be undefeated and Penn State and Ohio State already each have a loss. Would ABC take UM/MSU over PSU/OSU????? If you ever wonder why games aren't scheduled in advance, this is why.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2021 10:07 PM by schmolik.)
10-10-2021 06:12 AM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
Oregon-UCLA will be on ABC or ESPN at 3:30 ET on the 23rd, channel to be announced after this week’s games. The other ABC-or-ESPN game for that time slot is Clemson-Pitt.

https://pac-12.com/football/schedule/net...8-20211024

https://theacc.com/news/2021/10/11/acc-a...er-23.aspx
10-11-2021 03:46 PM
schmolik Offline

Announcements:

Big Ten:
[Image: FBbxPBSXMA0VoNb?format=jpg&name=medium]

The Big Ten outdid itself with THREE OTA games, the Big Nooner and 2 games on ABC including the Schmolik Alma Mater Bowl and the SNF game, Ohio State's first ABC game. Interestingly Northwestern-Michigan and Illinois-Penn State will go head to head. I know what game I'll be watching:)

SEC:
[Image: FBbn1DFXIAgnyDA?format=jpg&name=small]

Congrats for beating Alabama, Texas A&M! Enjoy being on ... SEC Network. We'll reward a three loss LSU instead! Or is that other team the headliner?

Meanwhile as Wedge said, the ACC and Pac 12 are fighting over the 3:30pm slot on ABC. It would make more sense for Illinois/Penn State to be 3:30pm except Oregon/UCLA wouldn't want to be at noon/9am PT.

OTA Games By Conference Package (Home Games): Games Up To 10/23 Only

Big 10: 17 (FOX 9, ABC 8)
Big 12: 12 (ABC 6, FOX 6) - They got the 3:30pm FOX slot, they just don't know which game
SEC: 8 (All CBS)
Pac 12: 7 (FOX 6, ABC 1)
AAC: 4 (ABC 3, CBS 1)
Notre Dame: 3 (All NBC)

FOX: Big Ten 9, Pac 12 6, Big 12 6
ABC: Big Ten 8, Big 12 6, ACC 5, AAC 3, Pac 12 1, BYU 1
10-11-2021 05:05 PM
schmolik Offline

Matt Sarzyniak was featured on "Buckeye Scoop". This is the Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zimXfXr3obY&t=1084s
10-15-2021 08:39 AM
schmolik Offline

Early Oct. 30, assuming no major upsets:

CBS:
Georgia vs. Florida in Jacksonville, 3:30pm (already scheduled)

FOX:
Michigan at Michigan State, Big Nooner
Texas Tech at Oklahoma or Texas at Baylor, 3:30pm
World Series, Game 4, Prime Time

ABC:
Iowa at Wisconsin, noon (Homecoming Game, time locked in)
Penn State at Ohio State, SNF

FOX could switch the Big 12 and Big 10 but Michigan/Michigan State is the type of game they want for the Big Noon Kickoff and unless they have the rights to Iowa/Wisconsin like they did for Maryland/Ohio State on Oct. 9 they have less incentive to switch times. On the other hand, the 3:30pm slot is the lead in for the World Series. In 2017, Penn State-Ohio State was the lead in for the World Series but that was before the "Big Nooner" became a thing. In 2019, FOX had the rights to Wisconsin-Ohio State and aired it at noon rather than 3:30pm.

Likewise, ABC could air Penn State-Ohio State at 3:30pm to allow the Big 12 games to not air at the same time but they like SNF as much as FOX likes the Big Nooner. They should like to not have PSU/OSU hurt by the World Series but they didn't duck away from the World Series in 2019 when they aired Michigan/Notre Dame against it. So unless ABC or FOX caters to the Big 12, they might wind up with their games vs. each other on Oct. 30.

ESPN:
Florida State at Clemson, noon
SMU at Houston, 3:30pm
Mississippi at Auburn, 7pm
Virginia at BYU?, 10:30pm (Not sure they would screw UVa here, maybe they just go Pac 12). UCLA at Utah looks like the best Pac 12 game.
10-16-2021 03:10 PM
schmolik Offline

The Big Ten decided not to do a graphic at their Twitter page this week. Instead they had a link to their schedule page.
https://bigten.org/documents/2021/10/18/...hedule.pdf

Penn State at Ohio State is SNF (vs. World Series, screw ABC!)
Michigan at Michigan State is the Big Nooner on FOX
Iowa at Wisconsin is noon on ESPN (the noon ABC game is Texas at Baylor)

Purdue at Nebraska is 3:30pm on ESPN2
Indiana at Maryland and Rutgers at Illinois will split coverage on BTN at noon (I wonder what game Philly gets, I hope it's Illinois)
Minnesota at Northwestern is 3:30pm on BTN.

I can still count on the SEC for a graphic.

[Image: FB_hvZgWQAAaiT5?format=jpg&name=900x900]

OTA Games By Conference Package (Home Games): Games Up To 10/30 Only

Big 10: 19 (FOX 10, ABC 9)
Big 12: 14 (ABC 8, FOX 6) - Got two games on ABC on 10/30, noon (Texas/Baylor) and 3:30 (Texas Tech at Oklahoma)
SEC: 9 (All CBS)
Pac 12: 9 (FOX 7, ABC 2) - 3:30pm on FOX on 10/30, game (Colorado/Oregon or UCLA/Utah), also 3:30pm on ABC 10/23, Oregon/UCLA
AAC: 4 (ABC 3, CBS 1, Navy)
Notre Dame: 4 (All NBC)

FOX: Big Ten 10, Pac 12 7, Big 12 6
ABC: Big Ten 9, Big 12 8, ACC 5, AAC 3, Pac 12 2, BYU 1

The SEC is currently limited to one broadcast network (CBS) and only gets two Saturday DH's a year plus Black Friday. The Big 10, Big 12, and Pac 12 have access to two networks (FOX and ABC). The Big 10 and Big 12 are definitely taking advantage of it, the Pac 12 is with FOX but ABC has only aired two Pac 12 games. Who will get more OTA's by the end of the season, the SEC or the Pac 12?

The ACC is clearly being ignored this year. Their last ABC game was on September 18 and of their five games, four of them featured a non conference opponent! The AAC has had as many conference games on ABC as the ACC has this year! Of course the AAC isn't losing three teams to the Big 12.
10-18-2021 01:44 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
Man Fox showed the remaining top games. Looks like 6 games and they only have 2 games....

looks like they have the Michigan/Michigan St and Michigan/Ohio St games
looks like ABC might have
Penn St/Ohio St Oct 30
Michigan/Penn St Nov 13
Michigan St/Ohio St Nov 20
Penn St/Michigan St Nov 27

we know for sure Oct 30 and given they had Ohio St/Michigan you figure 2nd choice for ESPN is Penn St/Michigan St. Would be a pretty bitter pill for Fox if ESPN got both of the games in Nov 13/20.
10-23-2021 01:44 PM
schmolik Offline

Early Nov. 6 Predictions:

CBS:
Army vs. Air Force at Ft. Worth, 11:30 (Previously scheduled)
LSU at Alabama, 3:30pm

FOX:
Indiana at Michigan, Big Nooner
USC at Arizona State, 4pm
Texas at Iowa State, 8pm

ABC:
NC State at Florida State, noon
Ohio State at Nebraska, 3:30pm
Oregon at Washington, SNF

ESPN:
Missouri at Georgia, noon
Michigan State at Purdue, 3:30pm
Auburn at Texas A&M, 7pm

Wouldn't surprise me to see FOX (or whoever has the 2nd Big Ten pick) to do a six day hold pending the result of Michigan-Michigan State although win or lose Michigan is the better draw. Depending on who has the 3rd Big Ten pick, it wouldn't surprise me if it winds up on ABC or FOX, especially if it is an undefeated Sparty or a one loss Michigan (is NC State/Florida State that much better?)

ABC has to air a Pac 12 game on SNF some time this year. It's also November so I'm not sure if Ohio State/Nebraska will even be allowed to air in prime time.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2021 10:07 PM by schmolik.)
10-23-2021 06:27 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
(10-16-2021 03:10 PM)schmolik Wrote:  Early Oct. 30, assuming no major upsets:

CBS:
Georgia vs. Florida in Jacksonville, 3:30pm (already scheduled)

FOX:
Michigan at Michigan State, Big Nooner
World Series, Game 4, Prime Time

. . .
ESPN:
Florida State at Clemson, noon
SMU at Houston, 3:30pm
Mississippi at Auburn, 7pm
Virginia at BYU?, 10:30pm (Not sure they would screw UVa here, maybe they just go Pac 12). UCLA at Utah looks like the best Pac 12 game.

Colorado-Oregon is at 3:30 pm ET on Fox OTA.
UCLA-Utah is at 10:00 pm ET on ESPN.
https://pac-12.com/football/schedule/net...0-20211105
10-23-2021 07:04 PM
schmolik Offline

No I didn't forget about this week. Practically all of the major games on the OTA networks is on six day holds for this upcoming week. Not one game on ABC, CBS, or FOX for Nov. 6 has been finalized at the time of this post other than the previously scheduled Army/Air Force game. Some ESPN2, BTN, ACCN, SECN, and Pac12N games have been set.
10-25-2021 09:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.