Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2021 Coaching carousel gets started early this year
Bookmark and Share
The Demoralizer Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Georgia Souther
RE: 2021 Coaching carousel gets started early this year
(10-25-2021 01:32 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  
(09-27-2021 10:24 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  We will be looking at a SEC Coordinator (according to my source in the local media who should know) at least that will be option 1. It's so early in the season who knows how things will turn out but GS should be able to make a good hire before some of the candidates are plucked up by other schools.

To look at the Flight Line do I have to create a log-in? I've been trying to snoop a bit and noticed that you can't even look at threads anymore without logging in.

Yep. Nothing quite like the Flight Line during a down season. I think our next coach thread is about 165 pages.
10-25-2021 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
(10-25-2021 01:32 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  
(09-27-2021 10:24 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  We will be looking at a SEC Coordinator (according to my source in the local media who should know) at least that will be option 1. It's so early in the season who knows how things will turn out but GS should be able to make a good hire before some of the candidates are plucked up by other schools.

To look at the Flight Line do I have to create a log-in? I've been trying to snoop a bit and noticed that you can't even look at threads anymore without logging in.

Yes they changed it a while back to require registration. I don't go there too much anymore but it's all good.
10-25-2021 01:48 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Add TCU to the list, Patterson is out.
10-31-2021 09:10 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Akron is now on the clock.

There have been a ton of firings during the year this season and it started week 1.
11-04-2021 07:57 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Future CUSA member JxSt now has an opening for head coach. John Grass has stepped down(been forced out) as HC. Word is they wanted a HC with FBS experience. We’ll see how this works out for them. I would think Grass would be able to find something, he has been fairly successful at JxSt and did just beat FSU this season.
11-06-2021 07:14 PM
Crawlspace Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Troy
(11-06-2021 07:14 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Future CUSA member JxSt now has an opening for head coach. John Grass has stepped down(been forced out) as HC. Word is they wanted a HC with FBS experience. We’ll see how this works out for them. I would think Grass would be able to find something, he has been fairly successful at JxSt and did just beat FSU this season.
I know the perfect coach for them, and he's a Troy guy so they should just be thrilled to relieve us of his services.
11-06-2021 07:27 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Joey Jones is available. He’s already gone through the FBS transition before, so he’s experienced in exactly what they need experience in.

Not sure what direction they could go, or what kind of salary they are able to pay.
11-06-2021 07:46 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Florida might be willing to sell someone Dan Mullen for cheap.
11-06-2021 09:38 PM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
(11-06-2021 07:14 PM)Usajags Wrote:  Future CUSA member JxSt now has an opening for head coach. John Grass has stepped down(been forced out) as HC. Word is they wanted a HC with FBS experience. We’ll see how this works out for them. I would think Grass would be able to find something, he has been fairly successful at JxSt and did just beat FSU this season.

bit of a headscratcher for JSU to force him out. Grass has been a popular name linked to many G5 HC openings recently.
11-06-2021 11:35 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(11-06-2021 11:35 PM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  

bit of a headscratcher for JSU to force him out. Grass has been a popular name linked to many G5 HC openings recently.

He was also 71-28. Talk about crazy !!
11-06-2021 11:55 PM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Former USM assistant and Arkansas St OC Walt Bell out at UMass

from espn article:
UMass has fired coach Walt Bell after he went 2-23 over three seasons with the Minutemen.

The 37-year-old Bell took over one of the toughest jobs in major college football in 2019 but showed few signs of turning the team around. UMass fell to 1-8 on Saturday, losing 35-22 to FCS school Rhode Island. The lone victory for UMass this season came against UConn (1-8), which made a coaching change earlier this season.

Bell had been an offensive coordinator at Arkansas State, Maryland and Florida State before landing his first head-coaching job in Amherst, Massachusetts.
11-08-2021 03:08 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans

The only issue is JSU can never get over the hump in the FCS Playoffs. I wonder if they are afraid if he would be able to recruit the talent necessary for FBS. He has A LOT of experience in Alabama high-school football so he has to have connections.

I don't see him coming to FBS for any other G5 program.
11-08-2021 03:12 PM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(11-08-2021 03:12 PM)Troy_Fan_15 Wrote:  

The only issue is JSU can never get over the hump in the FCS Playoffs. I wonder if they are afraid if he would be able to recruit the talent necessary for FBS. He has A LOT of experience in Alabama high-school football so he has to have connections.

I have no idea what JSU is thinking. Worst firing I have seen in a while. I would love Grass to be part of my offensive staff.
11-08-2021 03:21 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

Scott Frost will survive this season and the off season.

11-08-2021 03:54 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
(11-08-2021 03:21 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  

I have no idea what JSU is thinking. Worst firing I have seen in a while. I would love Grass to be part of my offensive staff.

Could you imagine if a team like Troy were to bring him up and then he turn us around and made us have more consistent success. It would make JSU look STUPID. Surely there has to be something that isn't being publicized for this to happen.

I mean the man is a proven winner. Why not give him 2 years in FBS to see how he does!?!
11-08-2021 04:01 PM
tx.state Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST
State of Texas will likely have several more coaching changes in the coming weeks:

UT -- safe (even with their money a buyout right now would be dumb)
UTEP -- safe

A&M -- possible, unlikely (LSU could offer Jimbo stupid money)
BU -- possible, unlikely (Aranda could get bigger offers like LSU / NFL)
SMU -- possible, unlikely (Dykes could get a bigger offer)
TXST -- possible, unlikely (deserved but people in admin think buyout money goes further spending on the dept)
UTSA -- possible (Traylor will be a name thrown around for a lot of bigger jobs)
UH -- possible
UNT -- likely
Rice -- likely (1 year left on Bloomgren's current contract)

TCU -- already open
TTU -- already filled (McGuire, Baylor Asst)
11-08-2021 04:04 PM
CajunFan3406 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UL
(11-08-2021 04:04 PM)tx.state Wrote:  State of Texas will likely have several more coaching changes in the coming weeks:

UT -- safe (even with their money a buyout right now would be dumb)
UTEP -- safe

A&M -- possible, unlikely (LSU could offer Jimbo stupid money)
BU -- possible, unlikely (Aranda could get bigger offers like LSU / NFL)
SMU -- possible, unlikely (Dykes could get a bigger offer)
TXST -- possible, unlikely (deserved but people in admin think buyout money goes further spending on the dept)
UTSA -- possible (Traylor will be a name thrown around for a lot of bigger jobs)
UH -- possible
UNT -- likely
Rice -- likely (1 year left on Bloomgren's current contract)

TCU -- already open
TTU -- already filled (McGuire, Baylor Asst)

LSU has some money, but they don't have A&M money. At last check A&M still had the highest athletics budget in the country. So to get Jimbo LSU would have to outbid A&M on the yearly salary, while still paying Coach O his approximately $4.2 mil a year in hush money. Like I said LSU has money, but not the type of money where they can get into a bidding war with A&M. I'd say their coaching situation is as safe as Texas w/ Sark.
11-08-2021 05:29 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

UConn has hired Jim Mora Jr to take over their program. He will be making $1.5mil a year for 5 years. That’s is a dumpster of a program, not the worst program, that is saved for their neighbor UMass.
11-11-2021 10:23 AM
Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
(11-08-2021 03:21 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  

Reminds me of Cristobel at FIU.
11-11-2021 10:29 AM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-11-2021 10:23 AM)Usajags Wrote:  UConn has hired Jim Mora Jr to take over their program. He will be making $1.5mil a year for 5 years. That’s is a dumpster of a program, not the worst program, that is saved for their neighbor UMass.

Ummm

UConn 1-8
UMass 1-8

UConn's only win is a 21-15 win over Yale.

While UMass win was:

UConn 13
UMass 27

They are both horrible programs that truly do not belong IA. But Id put UConn just an octave below UMass if for no other reason with the head to head match up.
11-11-2021 11:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.