Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Why Won’t The Pentagon Name The ‘High Profile’ Terrorists Allegedly Killed
(09-13-2021 12:54 PM)Danforth Wrote:  
(09-07-2021 03:43 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(09-07-2021 03:03 PM)Danforth Wrote:  
(09-07-2021 11:37 AM)gdunn Wrote:  My theory is, a target wasn't taken out. We'll never know.
I know that people have complained that innocent people were killed. Do you believe that to be true?
Absolutely certain that some were. That's what happens in war. We need to be more concerned about winning the war and less concerned about avoiding collateral damage. Going in violently to win the war ASAP is how you ultimately minimize the number of collateral casualties.
Otherwise, we are just wasting time, money, and the lives and limbs of USA military personnel.
I think considering the mission a war was the wrong think to do in the first place. We should have simply hunted down Osama Bin Laden and that's it.
Where we screwed up was regime change.

Kill bin Laden, Mullah Omar, and a few other key leaders, and destroy any things that they made use of, and come home. And tell whoever is left in charge that if they screw up, we will be back to kill them.

There were two possible missions:
1) Kill the bad guys, blow up their toys, and be done.
2) Capture and occupy territory and attempt to put a western-style democracy in place.

We picked the wrong mission.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2021 06:05 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
09-13-2021 02:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(09-13-2021 02:58 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
(09-07-2021 11:37 AM)gdunn Wrote:  My theory is, a target wasn't taken out. We'll never know.
I know that people have complained that innocent people were killed. Do you believe that to be true?
Absolutely certain that some were. That's what happens in war. We need to be more concerned about winning the war and less concerned about avoiding collateral damage. Going in violently to win the war ASAP is how you ultimately minimize the number of collateral casualties.
Otherwise, we are just wasting time, money, and the lives and limbs of USA military personnel.
I think considering the mission a war was the wrong think to do in the first place. We should have simply hunted down Osama Bin Laden and that's it.

bin Laden, Mullah Omar, and a few other key leaders, and destroy any things that they made use of, and come home. And tell whoever is left in charge that if they screw up, we will be back to kill them.

2) Capture and occupy territory and attempt to put a western-style democracy in place.

Yep.

My FIL said it best.. We can't win hearts and minds.. Just level the place like we did in WWII. We're going to be called the same thing regardless.
09-13-2021 03:20 PM
Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon

bin Laden, Mullah Omar, and a few other key leaders, and destroy any things that they made use of, and come home. And tell whoever is left in charge that if they screw up, we will be back to kill them.

And by we you mean the Republicans right.

And then even after that mistake you all went and re elected Bush.
09-14-2021 11:47 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-14-2021 11:47 AM)Danforth Wrote:  
(09-07-2021 03:03 PM)Danforth Wrote:  I know that people have complained that innocent people were killed. Do you believe that to be true?

Memory serves the Clinton administration could've taken out Bin Laden and decided not to.. Had him in their sites.

So if you wanna go back, it's kinda Clinton's fault.
09-14-2021 12:28 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/blinken...was-killed

Holy cow. They don't know who was killed.

Wasn't this administration touting this?

Told you when a name wasn't released it was because they didn't get anyone or their target.
09-14-2021 02:34 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
Personally, in the name of OPSEC, the names of terrorists killed by our military should never be released to the media.
09-14-2021 02:53 PM
Danforth Offline
Banned

(09-14-2021 12:28 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(09-07-2021 03:43 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  Absolutely certain that some were. That's what happens in war. We need to be more concerned about winning the war and less concerned about avoiding collateral damage. Going in violently to win the war ASAP is how you ultimately minimize the number of collateral casualties.

Memory serves the Clinton administration could've taken out Bin Laden and decided not to.. Had him in their sites.

You have a bad memory.

Clinton tried to take him out and the republicans accused him of wagging the dog.
09-15-2021 12:32 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-15-2021 12:32 PM)Danforth Wrote:  
(09-13-2021 12:54 PM)Danforth Wrote:  I think considering the mission a war was the wrong think to do in the first place. We should have simply hunted down Osama Bin Laden and that's it.

You have a bad memory.

Clinton tried to take him out and the republicans accused him of wagging the dog.
https://www.ajc.com/news/new-documentary...K47EV53rN/

Try harder.
09-15-2021 12:35 PM
Danforth Offline
Banned

(09-15-2021 12:35 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(09-13-2021 02:58 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  bin Laden, Mullah Omar, and a few other key leaders, and destroy any things that they made use of, and come home. And tell whoever is left in charge that if they screw up, we will be back to kill them.

You have a bad memory.

Try harder.

Did you even read your own article?

"On Sept. 10, 2001, Clinton admitted in an Australian interview he could have killed bin Laden but would have had to destroy the town of Kandahar and kill "300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him. And so I just didn't do it."
09-17-2021 09:20 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-17-2021 09:20 AM)Danforth Wrote:  
(09-14-2021 11:47 AM)Danforth Wrote:  And by we you mean the Republicans right.

You have a bad memory.

Try harder.

"On Sept. 10, 2001, Clinton admitted in an Australian interview he could have killed bin Laden but would have had to destroy the town of Kandahar and kill "300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him. And so I just didn't do it."

I read it. Do you not remember what you said?

And I quote:

Nowhere in the article did it state what you said.

So what I said is true. Clinton could've taken him out but didn't.
09-17-2021 09:22 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
(09-17-2021 09:20 AM)Danforth Wrote:  
(09-14-2021 11:47 AM)Danforth Wrote:  And by we you mean the Republicans right.

You have a bad memory.

Try harder.

He also could have killed him by giving the order when the sniper had him in his scope, but he didnt.

911 was brought to you by Bill Clinton, Jamie Gorelich, and Bob Mueller.
09-17-2021 09:25 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
What most of us figured the day of the droning. Pentagon just admitted they didn’t kill an Isis operative in the strike.

It’s being called “a tragic mistake.” Sounds a bit like our last election.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2021 02:19 PM by rath v2.0.)
09-17-2021 02:16 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
(09-17-2021 02:16 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Pentagon just admitted they didn’t kill an Isis operative in the strike.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1438941957330509832

SORRY
09-17-2021 02:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.