Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Why Won’t The Pentagon Name The ‘High Profile’ Terrorists Allegedly Killed
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Why Won’t The Pentagon Name The ‘High Profile’ Terrorists Allegedly Killed
Quote:It’s been days since the Pentagon first announced it conducted a drone strike in response to the ISIS-K suicide bomb attack that killed 13 American service members, but the names of the reportedly “high-profile” terrorists the Pentagon claimed to have taken out in the operation have yet to be released.

U.S. Central Command originally touted the “over-the-horizon counterterrorism operation” as having successfully killed one “ISIS-K planner.” Later, the U.S. Department of Defense clarified that two terrorist “planners and facilitators” reportedly died as a result of the operation and a third was wounded.

Subsequent news reports indicated that the U.S. strike had killed 10 family members, seven of whom were children. The Pentagon pledged to investigate these civilian deaths, but has since said nothing on the matter.

It didn’t take long for the corporate press to publish the names of the dead relatives of “a former interpreter who had been seeking a U.S. special immigrant visa,” but Pentagon press secretary John Kirby adamantly refused to name the terrorists allegedly killed in the drone strike or reveal their potential roles in the deadly explosions that took the lives of 13 U.S. service members.

“The fact that two of these individuals are no longer walking on the face of the Earth, that’s a good thing,” Kirby said. “It’s a good thing for the people of Afghanistan, and it’s a good thing for our troops and our forces at that airfield.”

The Pentagon and U.S. Central Command did not immediately respond to The Federalist’s request for comment.

The corporate press appeared to take Kirby’s words at face value, and suddenly what should have been one of the biggest revenge stories of the week died out of the news in days. While it is not uncommon for U.S. military operations against terrorists to remain secret until they are completed, it is unusual for the Biden administration to reveal the strike itself while masking just which danger to the U.S. and our citizens they took out.

When former President Donald Trump ordered the killing of Iranian Revolutionary Guard terrorist leader Qasem Soleimani, his administration not only touted the mission as successful but Trump himself also boasted about taking out an anti-American threat as a deterrent to anyone else who might consider targeting the United States.

“Soleimani was plotting imminent and sinister attacks on American diplomats and military personnel, but we caught him in the act and terminated him,” Trump said. “Under my leadership, America’s policy is unambiguous: To terrorists who harm or intend to harm any American, we will find you; we will eliminate you. We will always protect our diplomats, service members, all Americans, and our allies.”

Biden repeated a similar statement during his few afternoon speeches about Afghanistan. “To those who wish America harm, to those that engage in terrorism against us and our allies, know this: The United States will never rest. We will not forgive. We will not forget. We will hunt you down to the ends of the Earth, and we will — you will pay the ultimate price,” Biden said.

But his words lack action. Biden has repeatedly refused to accept responsibility for the botched withdrawal operations, service member deaths, and stranded Americans and Afghan allies who are using private endeavors to get back to the United States. His administration’s attempts to downplay which terrorists were killed are anything but a deterrent. They are yet another sign of weakness that can be exploited by the U.S.’s foreign enemies.

Link
09-02-2021 11:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
RE: Why Won’t The Pentagon Name The ‘High Profile’ Terrorists Allegedly Killed
They probably don't want to give him publicity because that would cause more terrorist attacks.
09-07-2021 11:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
My theory is, a target wasn't taken out. We'll never know.
09-07-2021 11:37 AM
Danforth Offline
Banned

(09-07-2021 11:37 AM)gdunn Wrote:  My theory is, a target wasn't taken out. We'll never know.

I know that people have complained that innocent people were killed. Do you believe that to be true?
09-07-2021 03:03 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-07-2021 03:03 PM)Danforth Wrote:  
(09-07-2021 11:37 AM)gdunn Wrote:  My theory is, a target wasn't taken out. We'll never know.

I know that people have complained that innocent people were killed. Do you believe that to be true?

I believe that to be true. I don't think we hit a high value target though. Maybe a foot soldier or other innocents. Otherwise the name would be out there. As narcissistic as this President is, it'd been out there.
09-07-2021 03:08 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

Absolutely certain that some were. That's what happens in war. We need to be more concerned about winning the war and less concerned about avoiding collateral damage. Going in violently to win the war ASAP is how you ultimately minimize the number of collateral casualties.

Otherwise, we are just wasting time, money, and the lives and limbs of USA military personnel.
09-07-2021 03:43 PM
Advertisement

Danforth Offline
Banned

(09-07-2021 03:08 PM)gdunn Wrote:  

I believe that to be true. I don't think we hit a high value target though. Maybe a foot soldier or other innocents. Otherwise the name would be out there. As narcissistic as this President is, it'd been out there.

So what you are saying is that Biden might have ordered the military to bomb a random neighborhood and simply say they got a bad guy just to show the American people that he was responding to the terrorist attack?
09-08-2021 10:12 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-08-2021 10:12 AM)Danforth Wrote:  

So what you are saying is that Biden might have ordered the military to bomb a random neighborhood and simply say they got a bad guy just to show the American people that he was responding to the terrorist attack?
Someone get this man a cookie.
09-08-2021 10:55 AM
Danforth Offline
Banned

(09-08-2021 10:55 AM)gdunn Wrote:  

I'm not going to say that this is impossible.

I will say however is that if you have that much lack of faith in your country and government or in man in general then I feel sorry for you.

I can't imagine living in a world where people think that their own government would do such a thing.
09-09-2021 09:02 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
The trolling is starting early today
09-09-2021 09:05 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-09-2021 09:02 AM)Danforth Wrote:  
(09-08-2021 10:55 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(09-07-2021 03:03 PM)Danforth Wrote:  I know that people have complained that innocent people were killed. Do you believe that to be true?

I'm not going to say that this is impossible.

I will say however is that if you have that much lack of faith in your country and government or in man in general then I feel sorry for you.

I can't imagine living in a world where people think that their own government would do such a thing.
You could if this was a Republican. I have zero faith in this administration. They are a disgrace and all should be brought before a tribunal.
09-10-2021 07:40 PM
Advertisement

Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
Danforth. SMH.
09-10-2021 07:50 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(09-09-2021 09:02 AM)Danforth Wrote:  I will say however is that if you have that much lack of faith in your country and government or in man in general then I feel sorry for you.

Well, I lack that much faith in this government and I definitely think our own government would do such a thing. But don't waste any of your pity on me. I can take care of myself.
09-10-2021 08:22 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(09-10-2021 07:50 PM)Was SoMs Eagle Wrote:  Danforth. SMH.

What a naive fool.
09-11-2021 06:28 AM
Cardiff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall + Liberty
I have edited another poster’s comment, to try and get at the nub of what we’re really talking about:

(09-09-2021 09:02 AM)Danforth Wrote:  if you have that much lack of faith in [Joe Biden and his inner circle of advisors, assistants, and proxies], then I feel sorry for you.
Not only do I have that much lack of faith in Biden, I actually believe he and his minions are capable of far worse deeds than that, and would not hesitate to do so if they felt their domestic political position was at stake.

Quote:I can't imagine living in a world where people think that [Joe Biden and his inner circle] would do such a thing.
You don’t have to imagine it. You’re living in that world right now this minute.
09-11-2021 10:42 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-11-2021 10:42 AM)Cardiff Wrote:  I have edited another poster’s comment, to try and get at the nub of what we’re really talking about:

(09-09-2021 09:02 AM)Danforth Wrote:  if you have that much lack of faith in [Joe Biden and his inner circle of advisors, assistants, and proxies], then I feel sorry for you.
Not only do I have that much lack of faith in Biden, I actually believe he and his minions are capable of far worse deeds than that, and would not hesitate to do so if they felt their domestic political position was at stake.

Quote:I can't imagine living in a world where people think that [Joe Biden and his inner circle] would do such a thing.
You don’t have to imagine it. You’re living in that world right now this minute.
This guy for weeks has been saying that the Afghanistan pull out was all Trumps fault but yet can’t believe this.
09-11-2021 11:33 AM
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Turns out they just killed an innocent family and didn't kill any terrorists in the strike. Hence why they haven't named any names.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/n...one-strike
09-11-2021 11:39 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(09-11-2021 10:42 AM)Cardiff Wrote:  I have edited another poster’s comment, to try and get at the nub of what we’re really talking about:

Understand one thing, you're speaking to a legitimately brain dead moron.
09-11-2021 12:20 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(09-11-2021 11:39 AM)Jugnaut Wrote:  Turns out they just killed an innocent family and didn't kill any terrorists in the strike. Hence why they haven't named any names.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/n...one-strike

Biden needs to be put on trial for war crimes against humanity.
09-11-2021 12:21 PM
Danforth Offline
Banned

(09-07-2021 03:43 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

Absolutely certain that some were. That's what happens in war. We need to be more concerned about winning the war and less concerned about avoiding collateral damage. Going in violently to win the war ASAP is how you ultimately minimize the number of collateral casualties.

Otherwise, we are just wasting time, money, and the lives and limbs of USA military personnel.

I think considering the mission a war was the wrong think to do in the first place. We should have simply hunted down Osama Bin Laden and that's it.

Where we screwed up was regime change.
09-13-2021 12:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.