Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2021 Football Predictions
Bookmark and Share
ACUCatsFan2014 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Abilene Christian
2021 Football Predictions
Where do you see the cats ending up at?

I don't see us as being much better than 3-8, and even then I feel like that is optomistic
09-01-2021 08:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ACUTrackfan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ACU
RE: 2021 Football Predictions
(09-01-2021 08:40 PM)ACUCatsFan2014 Wrote:  Where do you see the cats ending up at?

I don't see us as being much better than 3-8, and even then I feel like that is optomistic

3-8 and my optimistic self says 4-7. If ACU gets 6 wins, it will be fantastic.
09-02-2021 07:23 AM
Outsider Online
1st String

I Root For: ACU & Tulane
For now I am still saying 4-7, I hope to be wrong.
09-03-2021 03:55 PM
OscarWildeCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: ACU & UGA
3-8. I’d be glad to be proven wrong.
09-03-2021 05:55 PM
ACUCatsFan2014 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Abilene Christian
I know it's SMU so we shouldn't have won....but we looked really bad. I said 3-8 with the expectation we would split with Lamar, but I'm a bit nervous. At least with the Baylor game 3 years ago, and then the UNT game a couple of years ago, hell even the UVA game last year there was at least a heartbeat to the team. It didn't look like there was even a heartbeat tonight.
09-05-2021 12:04 AM
Outsider Online
1st String

Last night was bad. I wasted gas, time and a hotel on that game. What is key to me is how we move on from it. I am not sure if it was enough of a jolt for the coaches to make the necessary changes. We'll see, 4-7 is still possible, but 3-8 could be likely. Next week I want to see a clean game with limited stupid penalties and we take care of business. I want to see the offense move the ball around better. I hate going from an FBS game to a D2 or lower game because you can't properly judge our performance. From last night though??? We haven't made any improvement and the same mistakes keep happening on the player and the coaching side.
09-05-2021 03:55 PM
Advertisement

Vulpes88 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tarleton
(09-05-2021 03:55 PM)Outsider Wrote:  Last night was bad. I wasted gas, time and a hotel on that game. What is key to me is how we move on from it. I am not sure if it was enough of a jolt for the coaches to make the necessary changes. We'll see, 4-7 is still possible, but 3-8 could be likely. Next week I want to see a clean game with limited stupid penalties and we take care of business. I want to see the offense move the ball around better. I hate going from an FBS game to a D2 or lower game because you can't properly judge our performance. From last night though??? We haven't made any improvement and the same mistakes keep happening on the player and the coaching side.

Obviously not an ACU fan but these next two games should be beneficial for y'all to get some momentum going. I wouldn't even use these two games to judge performance other than they should be fairly comfortable wins.
09-06-2021 09:17 AM
Outsider Online
1st String

(09-06-2021 09:17 AM)Vulpes88 Wrote:  
(09-05-2021 03:55 PM)Outsider Wrote:  Last night was bad. I wasted gas, time and a hotel on that game. What is key to me is how we move on from it. I am not sure if it was enough of a jolt for the coaches to make the necessary changes. We'll see, 4-7 is still possible, but 3-8 could be likely. Next week I want to see a clean game with limited stupid penalties and we take care of business. I want to see the offense move the ball around better. I hate going from an FBS game to a D2 or lower game because you can't properly judge our performance. From last night though??? We haven't made any improvement and the same mistakes keep happening on the player and the coaching side.

Obviously not an ACU fan but these next two games should be beneficial for y'all to get some momentum going. I wouldn't even use these two games to judge performance other than they should be fairly comfortable wins.

Agree, we need these next two weeks to regroup and develop some momentum going into FCS play. This coaching staff is on the hot seat and these next two weeks won't save them. The only thing that's going to save them is to beat our level of competition while showing that they can utilize players better and make better calls.
09-06-2021 02:25 PM
Vulpes88 Offline
2nd String

(09-06-2021 02:25 PM)Outsider Wrote:  
(09-06-2021 09:17 AM)Vulpes88 Wrote:  

Agree, we need these next two weeks to regroup and develop some momentum going into FCS play. This coaching staff is on the hot seat and these next two weeks won't save them. The only thing that's going to save them is to beat our level of competition while showing that they can utilize players better and make better calls.

That's certainly true. Good luck with the rest of the season. Except for one specific Saturday.
09-06-2021 05:07 PM
Outsider Online
1st String

It's going to be nice to play Tarleton again. You guys always made me nervous.
09-06-2021 07:23 PM
Vulpes88 Offline
2nd String

(09-06-2021 07:23 PM)Outsider Wrote:  It's going to be nice to play Tarleton again. You guys always made me nervous.

Im looking forward to it, I'll definitely be at the game. Didn't like playing y'all in Football, loved the basketball games though. How things have changed..
09-06-2021 08:35 PM
Advertisement

BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU

UTPeanutButter has steadily improved and this game will not be the walkover it might have been a couple of years ago. Carrigan has them playing with confidence. The WT game will be an indicator this week where they are.

La College yikes. Is this a scrimmage?
09-06-2021 08:53 PM
Outsider Online
1st String

(09-06-2021 08:53 PM)BlueDragon Wrote:  

UTPeanutButter has steadily improved and this game will not be the walkover it might have been a couple of years ago. Carrigan has them playing with confidence. The WT game will be an indicator this week where they are.

Yeah, still having flashbacks to ASU last year. A game against LC should have never been scheduled. Honestly, no D2 or NAIA games should be scheduled. As far as the playoffs go, they are all scrimmages.
09-06-2021 09:15 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(09-06-2021 09:15 PM)Outsider Wrote:  
(09-06-2021 08:53 PM)BlueDragon Wrote:  

Yeah, still having flashbacks to ASU last year. A game against LC should have never been scheduled. Honestly, no D2 or NAIA games should be scheduled. As far as the playoffs go, they are all scrimmages.

I agree. Scheduling anyone going through transition is one thing because it really doesn't matter but once your school has cleared transition it is pointless unless its the only available option. Scrimmage at best for a feel good session or an embarrassment.
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2021 01:34 PM by BlueDragon.)
09-13-2021 01:33 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

5 and 6... but its close to a 6 and 5 season. If we slip by EKU then things look better for a winning season.
10-06-2021 09:02 PM
OscarWildeCat Offline
1st String

(10-06-2021 09:02 PM)RCI Wrote:  5 and 6... but its close to a 6 and 5 season. If we slip by EKU then things look better for a winning season.

Agreed. My early season prediction was a bit overly pessimistic. Last weeks collapse against UCA exposed the Cats weaknesses and last week’s first half performance showcased the strengths.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2021 03:19 AM by OscarWildeCat.)
10-09-2021 03:18 AM
Advertisement

Outsider Online
1st String

I'm still not convinced that last weekend was a fluke and better than 4-7 is either possible or probable.
10-09-2021 11:56 AM
ACUTrackfan Offline
Water Engineer

I now think that 4-7 is the highest probability -- with a 2nd win against Lamar this coming weekend at ACU Homecoming. From this point on, there is a slight possibility of a 5-6 record and 6-5 would make me ecstatic.
10-10-2021 03:35 PM
Outsider Online
1st String

5-6 is a possibility with wins against Lamar and Tarleton, but not sure it is a probability. This team is either going to rise after the last two weeks or not. My only hope is that they saw something in their failed attempt to come back last night to build on. There were positives, but until they learn to capitalize on momentum they are doomed.
10-10-2021 05:32 PM
OscarWildeCat Offline
1st String

In past years we should have beaten, say, Lamar but lost, then turned around and beat conference champion Nichols. I’m thinking we will lose to either Lamar or Tarleton but upset one of the teams that’s supposed to beat us.
10-15-2021 06:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.