Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blue and Gold Dude -- who's coming with WVU to the ACC?
Pervis_Griffith Online
All American

I Root For: Louisville
Blue and Gold Dude -- who's coming with WVU to the ACC?
The latest from Blue and Gold dude ...

-- he butchers the WVU - Louisville stuff at the beginning.
-- will piss off Cincy fans as he completely misses on what they did in the Big East.
-- is now backing away from time-line of when WVU joins the ACC, but stands by "his sources".
-- claims his sources are saying multiple teams are coming with WVU to ACC.

Anyway ... for some giggles if nothing else ...

08-22-2021 10:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
RE: Blue and Gold Dude -- who's coming with WVU to the ACC?
(08-22-2021 10:21 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  The latest from Blue and Gold dude ...

-- will piss off Cincy fans as he completely misses on what they did in the Big East.

-- is now backing away from time-line of when WVU joins the ACC, but stands by "his sources".

Boy did he ever (butcher everything from 10 years ago). He looks pretty young, the Louisville/WVU expansion may have been before his time. So he's just reasoning out.... B12 makes more.... WVU must've chose the B12.

But whatever.... He's funny to laugh at and a good laugh these days is important.
08-22-2021 11:01 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
He was funny for awhile...however, the misinformation is starting to become annoying. The kid is all over the place...and rattles off a ton of of crap against some of the ACC teams...we must live in his head 24/7.

The KSU (Kurtz) and the 365 guys (Baylor) are closer to reality on Youtube.

This is all sort of Karmatic justice...the Big12 fanboys and media shills kept rubbing the Sugar/Orange Bowl deals in our faces a decade ago.

However, all the Big12 teams deserve better than this. We'll see it appears within a week or so if the Alliance has declared war on the SEC.

CFB being so regional is much healthier having 80-90 teams playing at the highest level.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2021 07:38 AM by TexanMark.)
08-23-2021 07:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(08-22-2021 10:21 PM)Pervis_Griffith Wrote:  The latest from Blue and Gold dude ...

Not surprised by his UC comments. Been hearing it for years by guys like him. It’s city mouse v a country mouse and clinging on to old stereotypes, perceptions and beliefs.
08-23-2021 08:29 AM
b2b Online
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
Just playing to his audience trying to make an easy buck.
08-23-2021 10:21 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
This guy actually said that Cincy blew their opportunity in the BE and failed? Wow. Cincy took full advantage of the bcs label in the BE. He also acts as if WV calls the shots as to which league they go to and that they chose the B12 over the ACC last time.
01-wingedeagle
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2021 12:31 PM by cuseroc.)
08-23-2021 12:30 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

(08-23-2021 12:30 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  This guy actually said that Cincy blew their opportunity in the BE and failed? Wow. Cincy took full advantage of the bcs label in the BE. He also acts as if WV calls the shots as to which league they go to and that they chose the B12 over the ACC last time.
01-wingedeagle

He actually had video talking about the pros and cons of WVU sorting through offers from the SEC, B1G, and the ACC.

Newsflash: you are far more likely joining the AAC. If you get an ACC invite count your lucky stars. Seriously, most old BE teams would like to see you in the league...but ESPN needs to make us right.
08-23-2021 02:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Hey if ESPN will dramatically raise the pay scale, I could handle
WVU as long as Cincinnati came with Them. Doubt ND will commit unless serious changes occur. UCF would likely be blocked by FSU and Miami but there is a huge amount of talent in Florida already going there anyway. It's just harder to get into FSU and Miami than UCF. Houston ,TT or TCU would interesting choices as Texas also has a Huge talent base to recruit from but Texas, A&M would likely always get the pick of the litter. We likely won't see any movement anyway unless PAC shows Their hand soon. Still fun to talk about it.
08-23-2021 04:04 PM
Fighting Muskie Online
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
(08-23-2021 07:36 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  He was funny for awhile...however, the misinformation is starting to become annoying. The kid is all over the place...and rattles off a ton of of crap against some of the ACC teams...we must live in his head 24/7.

This is all sort of Karmatic justice...the Big12 fanboys and media shills kept rubbing the Sugar/Orange Bowl deals in our faces a decade ago.

However, all the Big12 teams deserve better than this. We'll see it appears within a week or so if the Alliance has declared war on the SEC.

CFB being so regional is much healthier having 80-90 teams playing at the highest level.

I’m not sure the Baylor guys are all that informed. They initially said the Big 12 was dead and then later backed away from it.

Kurtz seems much more knowledgeable and seems to have some legitimate connections.
08-23-2021 04:30 PM
Pervis_Griffith Online
All American

(08-23-2021 04:30 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  
(08-23-2021 07:36 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  He was funny for awhile...however, the misinformation is starting to become annoying. The kid is all over the place...and rattles off a ton of of crap against some of the ACC teams...we must live in his head 24/7.

I’m not sure the Baylor guys are all that informed. They initially said the Big 12 was dead and then later backed away from it.

Kurtz seems much more knowledgeable and seems to have some legitimate connections.

I think the KSU guy is a legit reporter. While the other guys seem to be like us -- fans who are more informed than most fans. And can pull off the charade of being "insiders".

Hell ... Blue and Gold dude knows the fan ponds he fishes in are ripe for the picking. And, in that context, ya got respect the player.
08-23-2021 05:49 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St

Kurtz has some clown videos himself though. A few weeks ago, he was touting Texas Tech as the dynamo to fall in realignment because of how big the Lubbock market is -- something far detached from reality and frankly makes him look clueless. But then he has other videos that are pretty decent. He's mixed.
08-24-2021 07:38 PM
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

(08-24-2021 07:38 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  

Kurtz has some clown videos himself though. A few weeks ago, he was touting Texas Tech as the dynamo to fall in realignment because of how big the Lubbock market is -- something far detached from reality and frankly makes him look clueless. But then he has other videos that are pretty decent. He's mixed.

Lubbock leads the country in shopping bags stuck to barbed wire fencing. OTOH, the coeds were outstanding up there.
08-25-2021 12:22 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(08-25-2021 12:22 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  

Lubbock leads the country in shopping bags stuck to barbed wire fencing. OTOH, the coeds were outstanding up there.

Are you saying they were out standing in their fields?
07-coffee3
08-25-2021 01:00 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators

03-lmfao
08-25-2021 01:54 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
(08-25-2021 01:00 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

Are you saying they were out standing in their fields?
07-coffee3

Modern day tumbleweeds !03-lmfao
08-25-2021 03:59 PM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
They need to come to terms with reality and start to vet bona fide expansion candidates and develop a long term plan. The Big 12 is seriously wounded, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be fatal. However, to pretend that everything is fine and the next train out of town is just around the corner is doing them no good whatsoever. It’s time to roll up your sleeves and rebuild the severely damaged town square. There is no cavalry coming to their rescue.
08-25-2021 06:00 PM
Advertisement

Pervis_Griffith Online
All American

(08-25-2021 06:00 PM)Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Wrote:  They need to come to terms with reality and start to vet bona fide expansion candidates and develop a long term plan. The Big 12 is seriously wounded, but it doesn’t necessarily have to be fatal. However, to pretend that everything is fine and the next train out of town is just around the corner is doing them no good whatsoever. It’s time to roll up your sleeves and rebuild the severely damaged town square. There is no cavalry coming to their rescue.

Completely agree.

And it could be a good conference too. Yeah it won't be the same without Oklahoma and Texas.

But a rebuilt Big XII would easily be the 5th best conference in the country. And if the PAC12 continues to suck, they could challenge for 4th.

(Although I gotta say my first impressions of the PAC12's new commish during yesterday's nothing-alliance-news-conference was very positive. He looks and sounds like a guy who puts in the work and gets things done.)

Big XII should add 4 ...

BYU (will turn them down) ... so ...

Cincy
Central Florida Golden Knights
Boise State

And then one of Houston OR Memphis State.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2021 06:37 PM by Pervis_Griffith.)
08-25-2021 06:35 PM
JAE_VT Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Virginia Tech

So basically this annoying personality is just the latest iteration of WVU fans who keep talking about conference realignment conspiracy theories and make shyte up ala “The Dude of West Virginia”, “MHVer3”, etc…. Good lord….
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2021 07:31 PM by JAE_VT.)
08-25-2021 07:19 PM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU
I think they should add quality/fans and then stop.

Boise State
Houston (solidify the geographic home of the conference)
Cincinnati
UCF

Memphis and ECU would be the others I’d consider but would ultimately decide not. Memphis has good basketball, a nice metro, recent success in football and FedEx. ECU has the one of the largest average attendances left for football.
08-29-2021 07:42 AM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
Yeah, John Kurtz is delusional. Today's video is that the Big 12 can take advantage of the vulnerable Pac 12.

Meanwhile, crackhead has declared the death of the WWL.

09-01-2021 10:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.