Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2022 Dukes Softball
Bookmark and Share
JMUDuke25 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
RE: 2022 Dukes Softball
(08-11-2021 07:32 AM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  Might be nothing, might be something, but....

Madison Inscoe, an all-everything softball player and pitcher from Chesapeake, VA, just decommitted from Auburn and re-opened her recruiting. She's a rising senior this year, so her freshman year would be Spring 2023. Also, one of her travel team teammates (KK Mathis, who Madison describes as "one of the best teammates & players I have had the privilege to play with") committed to JMU a couple days ago. She seems like she can not only pitch at a high level, but hit as well.

Find her some NIL money!
08-12-2021 09:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMaddy Offline
All American

(08-11-2021 07:32 AM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  Might be nothing, might be something, but....

Madison Inscoe, an all-everything softball player and pitcher from Chesapeake, VA, just decommitted from Auburn and re-opened her recruiting. She's a rising senior this year, so her freshman year would be Spring 2023. Also, one of her travel team teammates (KK Mathis, who Madison describes as "one of the best teammates & players I have had the privilege to play with") committed to JMU a couple days ago. She seems like she can not only pitch at a high level, but hit as well.

Her personal webpage has her with photos with the Florida, OKST, UVA, NCST, South Carolina and FSU coaches on their fields. Nothing with JMU unfortunately, although her team the Bolts colors are purple and gold so hopefully she liked that combo.
08-12-2021 10:43 AM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-12-2021 10:43 AM)JMaddy Wrote:  

Her personal webpage has her with photos with the Florida, OKST, UVA, NCST, South Carolina and FSU coaches on their fields. Nothing with JMU unfortunately, although her team the Bolts colors are purple and gold so hopefully she liked that combo.

Only one of those schools finished higher last year.....Besides, we've had someone named Madison / Madyson as a starter for the last 7-8 years. Continue the "Madison" tradition!
08-12-2021 01:41 PM
Bawlmer Duke Offline
1st String

Commitment from Kylah Berry (P) out of Rockledge,FL

https://twitter.com/berrykylah/status/14...48224?s=21

Plays for the Tampa Mustangs like Alissa Humphrey did
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2021 08:47 PM by Bawlmer Duke.)
08-17-2021 08:45 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-17-2021 08:45 PM)Bawlmer Duke Wrote:  Commitment from Kylah Berry (P) out of Rockledge,FL

Top 100 player according to this site:
https://extrainningsoftball.com/2734-2/
08-17-2021 09:39 PM
Dukester Offline

(08-17-2021 09:39 PM)olddawg Wrote:  
(08-17-2021 08:45 PM)Bawlmer Duke Wrote:  Commitment from Kylah Berry (P) out of Rockledge,FL

Top 100 player according to this site:
https://extrainningsoftball.com/2734-2/

Was about to post the same thing, except to say top 70.

Appears to be another pitcher.

Certainly based on what we can see, a great get.
08-18-2021 07:25 AM
Bawlmer Duke Offline
1st String

Madison Edwards (Berryville, VA) committed

https://twitter.com/madison5sftbl/status...72576?s=21
09-04-2021 08:42 AM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
Keeping the string of players named Madison alive!
09-04-2021 10:30 PM
Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-04-2021 10:30 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  Keeping the string of players named Madison alive!

Here's to hoping/wishing/praying she's not the only "Madison" added to the incoming list of recruits. Madison Inscoe would be a huge addition to the roster.
09-05-2021 12:05 PM
Quadrunner Offline
Water Engineer

(09-05-2021 12:05 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  
(09-04-2021 10:30 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  Keeping the string of players named Madison alive!

Here's to hoping/wishing/praying she's not the only "Madison" added to the incoming list of recruits. Madison Inscoe would be a huge addition to the roster.

Committed to NC State on 8/29.

https://twitter.com/madison_inscoe/statu...10435?s=20
09-05-2021 10:17 PM
Dukester Offline

(09-05-2021 10:17 PM)Quadrunner Wrote:  
(09-05-2021 12:05 PM)Longhorn Wrote:  

Committed to NC State on 8/29.

https://twitter.com/madison_inscoe/statu...10435?s=20

03-puke
09-06-2021 01:11 PM
Dukester Offline

Fall Softball coming up including a game Oct 3rd at UVA

https://jmusports.com/sports/softball/schedule

Teams for St Pete Tournament still not listed. I really hope we get an invite.
09-17-2021 11:20 AM
PurpleVA Offline
Bench Warmer

I was able to catch the first two fall softball games last week and thought you might want to hear a report.
They played Bridgewater and Emory and Henry.
Bridgewater game was a blowout but the E&H game was closer. I think it ended up
5-1 JMU.

My thoughts: We need pitching!! Humphrey did not pitch either game and I overheard someone saying she is hurt. I'm not sure. Bermudez pitched some in both games and did a good job. The rest of the pitchers were a blend of brand new players along with Meredith Wells. None of them had eye popping stuff, in fact I would be surprised if any of them broke much over 60.

The defense looked pretty good.
Shiflett was playing first base most of the time
They had Freshman starting at 2nd base and SS. The SS, Mesaros, has the potential to be a stud! She had one play where she let the ball come to her rather than work through it, but coaching and experience will fix that. The 2nd baseman looked decent but young. Big shoes to fill at that position.
They had Phillips in Left Field. she has an absolute cannon for an arm and you can tell is a ballplayer. She did some catching as well. (I'm not quite sure why they don't have her behind the plate more. She is much more athletic and better behind the plate than Bernett.) Maybe the athleticism is the reason why Laporte put her in Left.

Hallie Hall started at Third but did not show me anything. She hit pretty well. (I'll get to that) Butler also played third and looked the better fit, (at least what I saw)

Starting at CF was a Freshman but I can't remember her name. I can't remember who played RF.

The hitting was ok. Let's just say this, Kate Gordon is not going to be coming through those doors. There were plenty of good hits, Boseman hit well, Hall had a homer and hit well and everyone else made pretty good contact. The main thing on that is the pitching they faced. It was not very good. I doubt any of them threw over 62 and just decent spin. Players that look dominant against that pitching may be brought back to earth once they see some better quality. I am going to try to make it to Charlottesville this Sunday. That should give a little better idea. At least for Fall Ball.
09-30-2021 09:57 AM
ShadyP Online
Heisman

(09-30-2021 09:57 AM)PurpleVA Wrote:  I was able to catch the first two fall softball games last week and thought you might want to hear a report.
5-1 JMU.

My thoughts: We need pitching!! Humphrey did not pitch either game and I overheard someone saying she is hurt. I'm not sure. Bermudez pitched some in both games and did a good job. The rest of the pitchers were a blend of brand new players along with Meredith Wells. None of them had eye popping stuff, in fact I would be surprised if any of them broke much over 60.

They had Freshman starting at 2nd base and SS. The SS, Mesaros, has the potential to be a stud! She had one play where she let the ball come to her rather than work through it, but coaching and experience will fix that. The 2nd baseman looked decent but young. Big shoes to fill at that position.
They had Phillips in Left Field. she has an absolute cannon for an arm and you can tell is a ballplayer. She did some catching as well. (I'm not quite sure why they don't have her behind the plate more. She is much more athletic and better behind the plate than Bernett.) Maybe the athleticism is the reason why Laporte put her in Left.

Hallie Hall started at Third but did not show me anything. She hit pretty well. (I'll get to that) Butler also played third and looked the better fit, (at least what I saw)

Starting at CF was a Freshman but I can't remember her name. I can't remember who played RF.

The hitting was ok. Let's just say this, Kate Gordon is not going to be coming through those doors. There were plenty of good hits, Boseman hit well, Hall had a homer and hit well and everyone else made pretty good contact. The main thing on that is the pitching they faced. It was not very good. I doubt any of them threw over 62 and just decent spin. Players that look dominant against that pitching may be brought back to earth once they see some better quality. I am going to try to make it to Charlottesville this Sunday. That should give a little better idea. At least for Fall Ball.

Appreciate the update.
09-30-2021 10:02 AM
Dukester Offline

(09-30-2021 10:02 AM)ShadyP Wrote:  
(09-30-2021 09:57 AM)PurpleVA Wrote:  I was able to catch the first two fall softball games last week and thought you might want to hear a report.
5-1 JMU.

Appreciate the update.

Yes, thanks...

Pitching will always be the key for us.

Hopefully Humphrey not pitching is just being extremely cautious.

Interesting to see how we do at UVA Sunday.

Pitching will make the difference between us being a top CAA team, versus a top 25 team.

My bar/expectation for this year is top 50, but I hope we exceed that bar.
09-30-2021 11:59 AM
PurpleVA Offline
Bench Warmer

JMU Softball over Longwood 3-1. Phillips with 2 RBI and Shifflett with an RBI. Bermudez went the distance scattering 5 hits.
10-03-2021 02:51 PM
PurpleVA Offline
Bench Warmer

2nd game, bottom of 2. UVA winning 6-0.
10-03-2021 03:43 PM
PurpleVA Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-03-2021 03:43 PM)PurpleVA Wrote:  2nd game, bottom of 2. UVA winning 6-0.
Now 8-0, Top 3rd
10-03-2021 03:52 PM
Dignan Online
1st String

(10-03-2021 03:52 PM)PurpleVA Wrote:  
Now 8-0, Top 3rd

Against JMU? Not a good sign.
10-03-2021 04:03 PM
PurpleVA Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-03-2021 04:03 PM)Dignan Wrote:  
(10-03-2021 03:52 PM)PurpleVA Wrote:  
Now 8-0, Top 3rd

Against JMU? Not a good sign.
11-0 UVA over JMU
10-03-2021 04:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.