Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Conference Realignment
Bookmark and Share
Babes boy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Conference Realignment
So I could see this changing the MAC in a few years. Maybe sooner https://sportsnaut.com/sec-expansion-oklahoma-texas/
07-21-2021 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

indianasniff Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Conference Realignment
How
07-22-2021 07:40 AM
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I think the SEC will expand once a really awesome team applies: Iowa State.
07-22-2021 07:56 AM
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(07-22-2021 07:40 AM)indianasniff Wrote:  How

I think this is basically solidifying the intent of moving to a 4x16 Power Conference model with split governance, which to me would completely change the funding model and competition with everyone else, much like the FCS/FBS split did. MAC, AAC, MWC, SBC, C-USA are probably all going to be "moving down" by virtue of not moving up and their college admins looking at the bottom lines in their ADs and seeing how untenable it is, unless some of the remora fish schools like Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Rutgers, etc. decide to move away from that arms race (which would be shocking).

SEC:
West - LSU, Texas, TAMU, Oklahoma, Mizzou, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas
East - Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Vandy, Tennessee, South Carolina

Big Ten:
West - Oklahoma State, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern
East - Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Maryland, Rutgers

ACC:
North - Notre Dame, West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Virginia, BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville
South - UNC, NC State, Duke, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Miami, Clemson, Florida State

Pac 12:
North - Wazzou, Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, BYU, Utah, Colorado, Stanford
South - Cal, USC, UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State, Texas Tech, Baylor, TCU
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2021 08:02 AM by BearcatMan.)
07-22-2021 08:01 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(07-22-2021 08:01 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

I think this is basically solidifying the intent of moving to a 4x16 Power Conference model with split governance, which to me would completely change the funding model and competition with everyone else, much like the FCS/FBS split did. MAC, AAC, MWC, SBC, C-USA are probably all going to be "moving down" by virtue of not moving up and their college admins looking at the bottom lines in their ADs and seeing how untenable it is, unless some of the remora fish schools like Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Rutgers, etc. decide to move away from that arms race (which would be shocking).

SEC:
West - LSU, Texas, TAMU, Oklahoma, Mizzou, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Arkansas
East - Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Vandy, Tennessee, South Carolina

Big Ten:
West - Oklahoma State, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern
East - Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Maryland, Rutgers

ACC:
North - Notre Dame, West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Virginia, BC, Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville
South - UNC, NC State, Duke, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Miami, Clemson, Florida State

Pac 12:

The Big Ten would never take a crappy school like OK State.. They're even worse than Oklahoma academically. Nebraska was enough.
07-22-2021 08:22 AM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

Did Iowa State join the MAC????
07-22-2021 08:54 AM
Advertisement

IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

SEC:

Big Ten:

ACC:

Pac 12:

Did Iowa State & Kansas State join the MAC???
07-22-2021 08:58 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:

SEC:

Big Ten:

ACC:

Pac 12:

Vandy is very competitive in sports like basketball and baseball. Moneywise, their endowment is over $6 billion
Compare that to Alabama's $1.4 billion.
07-22-2021 09:14 AM
BearcatMan Online

(07-22-2021 09:14 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  

SEC:

Big Ten:

ACC:

Pac 12:

Vandy is very competitive in sports like basketball and baseball. Moneywise, their endowment is over $6 billion
Compare that to Alabama's $1.4 billion.

Exactly, which is why I said it would be shocking.
07-22-2021 09:53 AM
BearcatMan Online

(07-22-2021 08:22 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

SEC:

Big Ten:

ACC:

Pac 12:

The Big Ten would never take a crappy school like OK State.. They're even worse than Oklahoma academically. Nebraska was enough.

Yeah, the last team in the Big 10 was the conundrum for me. Iowa State is essentially worthless for them to add, as is Kansas State, they likely wouldn't be able to pull an ACC school with the GOR penalties, ND COULD work (but I doubt they'd want to join that conference with OSU leading the charge and they already have the existing relationship with the ACC). If ND did, I would guess that would make the ACC pull WVU and either Cincinnati or UCF.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2021 10:00 AM by BearcatMan.)
07-22-2021 09:57 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(07-22-2021 09:57 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

SEC:

Big Ten:

ACC:

Pac 12:

Yeah, the last team in the Big 10 was the conundrum for me. Iowa State is essentially worthless for them to add, as is Kansas State, they likely wouldn't be able to pull an ACC school with the GOR penalties, ND COULD work (but I doubt they'd want to join that conference with OSU leading the charge and they already have the existing relationship with the ACC). If ND did, I would guess that would make the ACC pull WVU and either Cincinnati or UCF.

#1 Not sure the source on this is great. We'll see.
#2 This could be the final re-alignment, so I think this is where ND joins the Big Ten.
07-22-2021 10:11 AM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(07-22-2021 10:11 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  

SEC:

Big Ten:

ACC:

Pac 12:

#2 This could be the final re-alignment, so I think this is where ND joins the Big Ten.

ACC would be a better choice. Better BB and ND would have a better shot in FB, only have to get by Clemson.
07-22-2021 10:17 AM
BearcatMan Online

SEC:

Big Ten:

ACC:

Pac 12:

Oh this is all just conjecture, I thought that was clear. The only thing right now is the SEC stating that they believe a true break off is the only way forward, and within a week, them moving to 16. There has long been a discussion about a 64 team Power Division...I just ran with it to find an alignment that worked with 64 teams was all. I just don't see any reason why Iowa State or Kansas State would be added by any of the intact conferences...they bring next to nothing to anyone. Tiny states with minimal viewership, no historical relevance, 2nd fiddle in their own tiny states, no "prime" program (ie Kansas Basketball), etc.
07-22-2021 10:24 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(07-22-2021 10:24 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(07-22-2021 08:01 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  I think this is basically solidifying the intent of moving to a 4x16 Power Conference model with split governance, which to me would completely change the funding model and competition with everyone else, much like the FCS/FBS split did. MAC, AAC, MWC, SBC, C-USA are probably all going to be "moving down" by virtue of not moving up and their college admins looking at the bottom lines in their ADs and seeing how untenable it is, unless some of the remora fish schools like Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, Rutgers, etc. decide to move away from that arms race (which would be shocking).

SEC:

Big Ten:

ACC:

Pac 12:

Oh this is all just conjecture, I thought that was clear. The only thing right now is the SEC stating that they believe a true break off is the only way forward, and within a week, them moving to 16. There has long been a discussion about a 64 team Power Division...I just ran with it to find an alignment that worked with 64 teams was all. I just don't see any reason why Iowa State or Kansas State would be added by any of the intact conferences...they bring next to nothing to anyone. Tiny states with minimal viewership, no historical relevance, 2nd fiddle in their own tiny states, no "prime" program (ie Kansas Basketball), etc.

I hear they're big in Oz.
07-22-2021 10:27 AM
BearcatMan Online

(07-22-2021 10:27 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(07-22-2021 08:22 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  The Big Ten would never take a crappy school like OK State.. They're even worse than Oklahoma academically. Nebraska was enough.

With the recent basketball scandal, that has more of a double meaning than I think you were intending 03-lmfao 04-cheers
07-22-2021 11:00 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(07-22-2021 11:00 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(07-22-2021 10:27 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(07-22-2021 09:57 AM)BearcatMan Wrote:  Yeah, the last team in the Big 10 was the conundrum for me. Iowa State is essentially worthless for them to add, as is Kansas State, they likely wouldn't be able to pull an ACC school with the GOR penalties, ND COULD work (but I doubt they'd want to join that conference with OSU leading the charge and they already have the existing relationship with the ACC). If ND did, I would guess that would make the ACC pull WVU and either Cincinnati or UCF.

With the recent basketball scandal, that has more of a double meaning than I think you were intending 03-lmfao 04-cheers

Or maybe not.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2021 11:09 AM by Boca Rocket.)
07-22-2021 11:09 AM
Advertisement

Springboromark Offline
All American

So where does this leave the MAC ? Does UT have a better chance of joining the AAC (if UC leaves with Memphis for the ACC or a watered down Big 12), for example ? How about Miami of Ohio with its academics joining the AAC ? Where does UB (state school) go ?
07-22-2021 09:21 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
the side of this not really being discussed is that the consolidation of big programs into a few leagues has hurt as many as itʻs helped. Nebraska has become fairly irrelevant since moving to the Big10. Penn St is not better off. West Virginia was making more noise out of the old Big East. South Carolina is middling in the SEC. Utah made more in the WAC/MWC than the Pac12
07-23-2021 01:52 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

SEC:

Big Ten:

ACC:

Pac 12:

Big Ten gets two of the largest donor basis in sport? ND and OK St?
07-23-2021 06:03 AM
Michigan Rocket Offline
Special Teams

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

GO ROCKETS !!!
07-23-2021 07:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.