UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ordered my away game tickets today.
pbt140 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U
Ordered my away game tickets today.
Got the email a few minutes ago.
Got the regular like Southern Miss, Georgia /and Marshall.

I went to the C-USA championship in Huntington and really enjoyed the town.
Except for the below freezing temperature for the game, was treated real nice by their fans. And the drive up there was no really that bad. All interstate except a small patch around Lexington.
07-19-2021 12:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pavy78 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
RE: Ordered my away game tickets today.
(07-19-2021 12:50 PM)pbt140 Wrote:  Got the email a few minutes ago.

Except for the below freezing temperature for the game, was treated real nice by their fans. And the drive up there was no really that bad. All interstate except a small patch around Lexington.

Same. I ordered a couple Marshall tickets and went ahead and grabbed a room between Lexington and Huntington, just to break up the drive a little. We'll head up there Friday afternoon and head home Sunday. Thankfully Kentucky is on the road at Vandy that weekend, so room availability isn't an issue.
I may still grab some of the Georgia tickets, but they'll probably put us in the upper section of the upper deck, and we'll cook in September. I've been to SoMiss numerous times, but may do that one again. May also do Tulane, as I've only been to the Superdome to watch UAB play them when we were both in CUSA.
07-19-2021 02:37 PM
Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
I’m going to get Marshall and UGA tickets in the next couple days. Any idea where the UGA seats might be? I assume nosebleeds?
07-19-2021 06:51 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

I was assuming Georgia would be like Tennessee in 2019 with us having corner end zone seats. Bought 6.

Edit found the below about UGA:
“Sections 101-103, 144, and the entire 600 level (sections 601-611) are the designated visiting team sections at Sanford Stadium. Be aware that the visiting teams sit in the front half (rows 1-30) of sections 101-103.”
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2021 07:38 PM by jcduncan13.)
07-19-2021 07:18 PM
Advertisement

MAN4UAB Offline
All American

I will be buying So Miss tickets in a couple of days and possibly Tulane or North Texas. I want to go to UTSA since it is the weekend before Thanksgiving if I can talk my wife into it.
07-20-2021 07:01 AM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
(07-19-2021 12:50 PM)pbt140 Wrote:  Got the email a few minutes ago.

I've been to games at Marshall a couple of times. Both times, fans invited me to join their tailgate.
07-20-2021 07:24 AM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

Don't know if I will be able to make any of the road trips this year but hoping to at least go to Hattiesburg.
07-20-2021 07:34 AM
Advertisement

Mungumry Blazer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Blazers,Colts
We're heading to the pseudo road game with JSU with 10 in tow, Tulane with 4, and Southern Miss 5.
08-03-2021 10:08 AM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(07-19-2021 07:18 PM)jcduncan13 Wrote:  I was assuming Georgia would be like Tennessee in 2019 with us having corner end zone seats. Bought 6.

“Sections 101-103, 144, and the entire 600 level (sections 601-611) are the designated visiting team sections at Sanford Stadium. Be aware that the visiting teams sit in the front half (rows 1-30) of sections 101-103.”

Wear a hat and sunscreen. It's hotter than hell that time of year, the visiting seats are in full sun, and it starts at 2:30. We roasted last time UAB played in Athens.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2021 03:17 PM by UAB Band Dad.)
08-03-2021 03:15 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I'm thinking the UGA game will be an inferno and the Tulane game could be a steambath.

Sunscreen and beverages for everyone!
08-03-2021 03:24 PM
Advertisement

pbt140 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U
I am sure that it is just me-- but I dislike New Orleans. I do not like anything about it. No disrespect to the Green Wave but I have always hated going to NO -- its just seems dirty to me. Now trying to talk the lady into North Texas. It look like it will not happen. And your right the Georgia game maybe a sweat fest. I will never forget the Tennessee game one year when it was to hot to go to the concession stand.
08-03-2021 06:23 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

I'll just stick to home games (up in the air about Montgomery)
08-03-2021 06:57 PM
jcduncan13 Offline
All American

(08-03-2021 03:15 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  
(07-19-2021 07:18 PM)jcduncan13 Wrote:  I was assuming Georgia would be like Tennessee in 2019 with us having corner end zone seats. Bought 6.

Wear a hat and sunscreen. It's hotter than hell that time of year, the visiting seats are in full sun, and it starts at 2:30. We roasted last time UAB played in Athens.

Can’t wait 04-cheers
08-03-2021 10:37 PM
Advertisement

UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

(08-03-2021 06:23 PM)pbt140 Wrote:  I am sure that it is just me-- but I dislike New Orleans. I do not like anything about it. No disrespect to the Green Wave but I have always hated going to NO -- its just seems dirty to me. Now trying to talk the lady into North Texas. It look like it will not happen. And your right the Georgia game maybe a sweat fest. I will never forget the Tennessee game one year when it was to hot to go to the concession stand.

If you don’t like the food and music in New Orleans their is something wrong with you. Also New Orleans does not seem dirty, New Orleans IS dirty!
08-04-2021 07:16 AM
UABOG85 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: U.a.B
(08-03-2021 06:23 PM)pbt140 Wrote:  I am sure that it is just me-- but I dislike New Orleans. I do not like anything about it. No disrespect to the Green Wave but I have always hated going to NO -- its just seems dirty to me. Now trying to talk the lady into North Texas. It look like it will not happen. And your right the Georgia game maybe a sweat fest. I will never forget the Tennessee game one year when it was to hot to go to the concession stand.

If you don't do the normal touristy things than NO is not that bad. Lots of history, food, and other things to do that do not include Bourbon St and the French Quarter
08-04-2021 08:34 AM
C-Finder Offline
All American

(08-04-2021 08:34 AM)UABOG85 Wrote:  

If you don't do the normal touristy things than NO is not that bad. Lots of history, food, and other things to do that do not include Bourbon St and the French Quarter

If the weather was nice when I went to the New Orleans Bowl 03-pissed
08-04-2021 08:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.