Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Six Div II Pennsylvania Schools Consolidated Into Two
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA
RE: Six Div II Pennsylvania Schools Consolidated Into Two
(07-19-2021 07:44 PM)VNova Wrote:  
(07-18-2021 01:18 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  If the schools are keeping their campuses and brand identities and sports teams, in what sense are the being "integrated" into a single university?

The integration would be forcing each group of campuses to share the same administration staff instead of each university operating with their own.

The California University of Pennsylvania, Clarion University and Edinboro University Grouping would be about 17k students. The Bloomsburg University, Lock Haven University, and Mansfield University Grouping would be about 15k. For comparison, West Chester University, the largest in PASSHE, is around 17k students.

Why don't they just combine the schools and be done with it, or.... select one campus to be the main campus, Bloomsburg would be the one for the north triad, California University of Pennsylvania would be the one for the western triad, and then make Lock Haven and Mansfield into branch campuses of Bloomsburg University (Lock Haven becomes Bloomsburg University @ Lock Haven or BULH, while Mansfield becomes Bloomsburg University @Mansfield or BUM) and make Clarion and Edinboro become branch campuses of California University of Pennsylvania (Clarion becomes California University of Pennsylvania @Clarion or CUPC while Edinboro becomes California University of Pennsylvania @Edinboro or CUPE)

This would allow Clarion, Edinboro, Lock Haven, and Mansfield to become commuter schools. It sure beats having to close the schools, but I'm pretty sure that Bloomsburg & California University of Pennsylvania would want those schools to be in a lower division than them (think D3) or possibly in the NAIA.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2021 12:39 AM by DawgNBama.)
07-21-2021 12:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(07-21-2021 12:24 AM)DawgNBama Wrote:  ... or.... select one campus to be the main campus, Bloomsburg would be the one for the north triad, California University of Pennsylvania would be the one for the western triad, and then make Lock Haven and Mansfield into branch campuses of Bloomsburg University (Lock Haven becomes Bloomsburg University @ Lock Haven or BULH, while Mansfield becomes Bloomsburg University @Mansfield or BUM) and make Clarion and Edinboro become branch campuses of California University of Pennsylvania (Clarion becomes California University of Pennsylvania @Clarion or CUPC while Edinboro becomes California University of Pennsylvania @Edinboro or CUPE) ...

One path to that would be to integrate the schools into a single school, so that when that change is the next reform pushed on the school, the campuses that are becoming commuter schools do not have a separate University structure to rely on to organize opposition to the reform.
07-21-2021 05:38 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Back when my school was in the East Region of D2, I used to keep tabs on those conferences. I think the Penssylvania conference had 14 teams and the WV one had 15. I'm sure there has been some movement and schools that closed since then (2001)
07-21-2021 08:15 AM
whittx Offline
All American

I Root For: FSU, Bport,Corn
(07-21-2021 08:15 AM)fsquid Wrote:  Back when my school was in the East Region of D2, I used to keep tabs on those conferences. I think the Penssylvania conference had 14 teams and the WV one had 15. I'm sure there has been some movement and schools that closed since then (2001)

The WV one split in the early 2010's between. FB and non FB schools. Since then, there has been further churn, including one of the WV schools (Shepherd) joining the PSAC (and saving a ton on travel as a result due to its isolation from the rest of the WV schools being mitigated)
07-21-2021 09:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.